We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Where as, me being a huge spider man fan and taking after him, I'm not always with that team player shyt:mjlol: i mean yeah it's cool to interact but i feel like you can interact without it being "the same" daredevil and spider man interact but the tone of their comics are not the same. wolverine's comics aren't the same tone as spider-mans and they interact. There's a way to make the DNA of your world strong without making it all feel the exact same to make me feel like I'm watching the same...damn...movie.

I like the way you phrased that:ehh:

I think to a degree you and I pretty much are on the same page but just looking at it from different angles

I want these guys to come in here and keep the DNA strong.... if they start fukking that up then I have no problem with Marvel like:camby:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like the way you phrased that:ehh:

I think to a degree you and I pretty much are on the same page but just looking at it from different angles

I want these guys to come in here and keep the DNA strong.... if they start fukking that up then I have no problem with Marvel like:camby:

Whereas I want creative types to get to be creative. Give them room to work within your world and allow them to fully realize their creative voice. But that also comes down to preference. I generally take the side of the filmmaker and not the studio whether that's right or wrong. I just identify more with them I guess. I feel you tho. You want the authorial voice to be marvel and I'd prefer it to be a bit of both leaning more toward the director. So maybe 60-40

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Do you atleast agree with me that Darren's Batman would've been trash though?:mjlol:

Look, if you wanna make that or pull that shyt.... you do that with some original franchise like Meteor Man or something..... Hell even something the level of Wanted. I can understand them "trying" some shyt with that movie cuz its as mainstream and 90% of the people will never know the difference.

But main stream shyt that we grew up to, watched the cartoons, played the games, read the comics... you DONT do that.

I remember as a kid when they did He-Man I even then was like WTF?:francis:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm worried about it anytime they grab a director who's not a tv guy or out of obscurity. They're not the house of auteurs, unless it's Feige. Coogler through two flicks has shown he's got his own style and his own voice and I'd hate for a young cat to get caught up in some politics or feel hampered by a studio system, etc. Let him cook like you let James Gunn cook
Can you explain what you mean about that part?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do you atleast agree with me that Darren's Batman would've been trash though?:mjlol:

Look, if you wanna make that or pull that shyt.... you do that with some original franchise like Meteor Man or something..... Hell even something the level of Wanted. I can understand them "trying" some shyt with that movie cuz its as mainstream and 90% of the people will never know the difference.

But main stream shyt that we grew up to, watched the cartoons, played the games, read the comics... you DONT do that.

I remember as a kid when they did He-Man I even then was like WTF?:francis:

I agree and disagree. The batman thing Darren was trying? Nah. But Shane black taking the iron man characters and making a detective movie that's also a satire on war and terrorism? Yes please. I want directors to have the same freedom with this shyt that writers do in comics. Or the way Greg Weisman did with spectacular spidey or young justice. You take the characters as is but you adapt things you switch dynamics up you put them in new situations and see how they'd react. You put a new spin on something old. The shyt he did with those two cartoons is exactly what I'm talking about. Or even what Berlanti and crew are doing with flash and arrow. They're sticking to canon but also adapting and changing shyt so that they're not doing exactly what's come before or mimicking. They're taking the best parts of different runs and DC canon and creating their own footprint. Which is also what Nolan did with batman

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I agree and disagree. The batman thing Darren was trying? Nah. But Shane black taking the iron man characters and making a detective movie that's also a satire on war and terrorism? Yes please. I want directors to have the same freedom with this shyt that writers do in comics. Or the way Greg Weisman did with spectacular spidey or young justice. You take the characters as is but you adapt things you switch dynamics up you put them in new situations and see how they'd react. You put a new spin on something old. The shyt he did with those two cartoons is exactly what I'm talking about. Or even what Berlanti and crew are doing with flash and arrow. They're sticking to canon but also adapting and changing shyt so that they're not doing exactly what's come before or mimicking. They're taking the best parts of different runs and DC canon and creating their own footprint. Which is also what Nolan did with batman

I'm not against that down the line..... but I just think that before we get there (cuz I unlike some think that the comic movies are gonna be here to stay) that they should stick to the script of the sources. Once we run out of source or atleast touch the main popular ones. I say let these guys have at it.

I want to touch on Wanted again.... that comic is so ill.... what was done was that would just a damn shame its crazy how that shyt doesnt even have a place in the conversation of "comic book" movies. I mean niccas will talk about Watchmen to this day but NO ONE talks about Wanted. Hell you may can get a The Spirit convo.

I dont mind switches like what happened in Watchmen. I can flow with with lessor popular characters getting that leeway.... but I need my main stream to be tighter and on a rope

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not against that down the line..... but I just think that before we get there (cuz I unlike some think that the comic movies are gonna be here to stay) that they should stick to the script of the sources. Once we run out of source or atleast touch the main popular ones. I say let these guys have at it.

I want to touch on Wanted again.... that comic is so ill.... what was done was that would just a damn shame its crazy how that shyt doesnt even have a place in the conversation of "comic book" movies. I mean niccas will talk about Watchmen to this day but NO ONE talks about Wanted. Hell you may can get a The Spirit convo.

I dont mind switches like what happened in Watchmen. I can flow with with lessor popular characters getting that leeway.... but I need my main stream to be tighter and on a rope

I was just thinking about wanted. And I hear you breh. I hear exactly where you're coming from. I just don't entirely agree. Like I said, 60-40. 40% what the studio wants and 60% what the director wants. If 50-50 is possible then I can rock with that too. Like the Russo's have been talking about how they're introducing spider man and how they're not sticking entirely to the comics because he has to fit in the world they've created. That's what I want. I want you to give me the spider man that fits in your universe so even something like where he lives they're dealing with saying that Peter Parker, living in 2016 Queens on a single income won't have the same kind of living arrangements that he and aunt may had in amazing spider man or Rami's spider man. And I appreciate that kind of stuff. They're going to be as faithful to the comics as possible but also adapt it for what's going to fit the marvel movie universe as they should

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I was just thinking about wanted. And I hear you breh. I hear exactly where you're coming from. I just don't entirely agree. Like I said, 60-40. 40% what the studio wants and 60% what the director wants. If 50-50 is possible then I can rock with that too. Like the Russo's have been talking about how they're introducing spider man and how they're not sticking entirely to the comics because he has to fit in the world they've created. That's what I want. I want you to give me the spider man that fits in your universe so even something like where he lives they're dealing with saying that Peter Parker, living in 2016 Queens on a single income won't have the same kind of living arrangements that he and aunt may had in amazing spider man or Rami's spider man. And I appreciate that kind of stuff. They're going to be as faithful to the comics as possible but also adapt it for what's going to fit the marvel movie universe as they should

I can rock with that..... I think another reason to kinda give you insight on my case is..... when it comes to this Marvel shyt...... I'm cool with them keeping it tight cuz at the end of the day it is MARVEL. Now if its DISNEY saying "na, you need to and will do this" then I feel you. I think thats been a Sony/Fox/Columbia problem. They get in the way, its like 'Nicca you aint never write one bar of this shyt, you wasnt with them when they was shooting in the gym" and damn sure your director wasnt, why you doing this?

I just have a higher sense of trust in the "creators" per say of this than I do some of the cats they hire.

60-40 works for me...... As long as for me the creators have a frame that shyt can stay within.

I still cant stand to this day how Xmen did Rogue.... its like they combined Rogue and Jubilee into one character.

Made her weak, young, anc how this shy crush thing with Logan like Jubilee, but at the last minute gave her Rogue powers and a white streak in her hair, oh and took her flying powers away:martin:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If he is taking the deal he is agreeing to what they want. If he's going to be handicapped he will leave like antman.

Na.... I dont think he'd leave.... I think his circumstances are different from that other dude. This is a career defining move and movie, for someone so new to the game.... and a minority you dont give this up. Hollywood is looking at you, its already harder for black men to be successful as it is, I'm not saying he's gonna have to suck some cock or kiss ass, but there is a diplomatic way to play the political game and not sale your soul. Plus at the end of the day its a nice thing to have on the resume.

Think about it, you get an opportunity in your life time to be a Laker and play on the current squad with Kobe. If yall win the finals yall are great, but if yall dont even make the playoffs and be one of the worst squads in the league then that offseason you get cut. Aint no one gonna clown you, you were a Laker.... you may be even lucky to get another shot on another franchise and really blow

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If he is taking the deal he is agreeing to what they want. If he's going to be handicapped he will leave like antman.

Yeah cause studios are always upfront with that kinda thing. Come on breh you know the game.
I can rock with that..... I think another reason to kinda give you insight on my case is..... when it comes to this Marvel shyt...... I'm cool with them keeping it tight cuz at the end of the day it is MARVEL. Now if its DISNEY saying "na, you need to and will do this" then I feel you. I think thats been a Sony/Fox/Columbia problem. They get in the way, its like 'Nicca you aint never write one bar of this shyt, you wasnt with them when they was shooting in the gym" and damn sure your director wasnt, why you doing this?

I just have a higher sense of trust in the "creators" per say of this than I do some of the cats they hire.

60-40 works for me...... As long as for me the creators have a frame that shyt can stay within.

I still cant stand to this day how Xmen did Rogue.... its like they combined Rogue and Jubilee into one character.

Made her weak, young, anc how this shy crush thing with Logan like Jubilee, but at the last minute gave her Rogue powers and a white streak in her hair, oh and took her flying powers away:martin:

The rogue stuff didn't bother me especially for the time since studios weren't sure what would work or not work in a comic book movie at the time so for one of the first ones out the gate post batman and robin, the first X men is a pretty good shot. The second one is ten times better but the first one is at least okay and not terrible or X men 3 status. But you see now that the doors have been blown off the hinges you can get an actual jubilee and rather than worried about having wolverine and cyclops therefore we don't need a gambit, you're now getting a gambit movie. Or the fact that deadpool exists and it's going to be or looks to be freaking deadpool. There was a lot of rocky stuff in those early years with a few gems but now it's more consistent because the waters have been charted and tested

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Na.... I dont think he'd leave.... I think his circumstances are different from that other dude. This is a career defining move and movie, for someone so new to the game.... and a minority you dont give this up. Hollywood is looking at you, its already harder for black men to be successful as it is, I'm not saying he's gonna have to suck some cock or kiss ass, but there is a diplomatic way to play the political game and not sale your soul. Plus at the end of the day its a nice thing to have on the resume.

Think about it, you get an opportunity in your life time to be a Laker and play on the current squad with Kobe. If yall win the finals yall are great, but if yall dont even make the playoffs and be one of the worst squads in the league then that offseason you get cut. Aint no one gonna clown you, you were a Laker.... you may be even lucky to get another shot on another franchise and really blow
Nah if he has been sitting down with them, he knows whether they are okay with what he wants to do or want to throw his ideas to the bushes.

Ain't like they forcing him to sign on and he seems like the guy that cares more about his craft then making a lackluster product to possibly get opportunities down the line.

All this I hope they let him cook talk, he wouldn't sign on if he thought he wasn't going to be allowed to cook.