We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah but are they gonna let him do his thing or not :comeon:

giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Legit worried about this.

Creed sequel ends up subpar and then Marvel doesn't let him cook for Black Panther :mjcry:

I'm worried about it anytime they grab a director who's not a tv guy or out of obscurity. They're not the house of auteurs, unless it's Feige. Coogler through two flicks has shown he's got his own style and his own voice and I'd hate for a young cat to get caught up in some politics or feel hampered by a studio system, etc. Let him cook like you let James Gunn cook

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm worried about it anytime they grab a director who's not a tv guy or out of obscurity. They're not the house of auteurs, unless it's Feige. Coogler through two flicks has shown he's got his own style and his own voice and I'd hate for a young cat to get caught up in some politics or feel hampered by a studio system, etc. Let him cook like you let James Gunn cook

fair points made, breh. Hoping the same as well.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Its the main reason Creed was so well done. Yea it followed similar beats, but Coogler still made it feel fresh and a different film.

Too bad there's no DC equal of Black Panther. They're letting David Ayer cook on Suicide Squad :ehh: (outside of forcing the PG 13)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its the main reason Creed was so well done. Yea it followed similar beats, but Coogler still made it feel fresh and a different film.

Too bad there's no DC equal of Black Panther. They're letting David Ayer cook on Suicide Squad :ehh: (outside of forcing the PG 13)

Well according to Snyder they're letting them cook period. And he wouldn't have to direct the BP equivalent. I think he'd do great with a Flash movie or a cyborg movie or even the new superman flick if they don't get george miller.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

If it's PG-13 isn't that not letting him cook? He just accepted it like a professional. Also, DC pulled WW from Michelle MacLaren. You got to follow the cookbook when making a blockbuster. They have to see the ROI or it is financially crippling. Stakes is high.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: Nice. Hopefully they let him be creative and don't hold him back. Ready to see the full roster.
When's the expected release? 2018?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well according to Snyder they're letting them cook period. And he wouldn't have to direct the BP equivalent. I think he'd do great with a Flash movie or a cyborg movie or even the new superman flick if they don't get george miller.
Oh I know that. Just saying I'd like to see him direct more black excellence :manny:

He'd probably make a dope Batman movie. Imagine him directing an Arkham Asylum movie :wow::ehh:

But I think he kills it on Black Panther though. :myman: *assuming Marvel lets him cook*