We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He already turned it down.

Not at all confirmed. The person in question who said it is not very credible plus no other media publication picked up on it. It's still very possible he'll take it.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Writer director of House Party

Directed Boomerang

Was a writer for Black Panther and introduced the BP/Storm marriage and Shuri.

His Panther run is widely considered the 2nd best BP run after Priest's. His run was also the most commercially successful

Successful yes but 2nd best def not. That goes to Don Mcgregor. Hudlin's run is considered a mixed bag.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm a fan of Hudlin's run

I like his run towards the end but there are many who hate it. Especially in the first half of the run. Critically Don's run is usually touted as the best Panther run after Priest.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Birth.Movies.Death reports that Creed and Fruitvale Stationdirector Ryan Coogler is in talks with Marvel Studios to direct the long awaited Black Panther movie, the title hero who recently appeared on the cover of EW for the upcomingCaptain America: Civil War.

The outlet notes that negotiations are still underway for the project, so it’s possible that talks could fall through as Coogler isn’t the first director to be targeted for the film either. Selma‘s Ava DuVernay previously confirmed she turned down the opportunity and previous reports revealed that Straight Outta Compton‘sF. Gary Gray was in contention before signing on to helm Furious 8.

Chadwick Boseman is set to star as the title hero in Black Panther which features a script by Joe Robert Cole. The film is set for release on February 16, 2018. It’s unclear what other characters will appear in the film, though Andy Serkis’ Ulysses Klaw, who made his debut in Avengers: Age of Ultron, could appear as the pair have already allegedly crossed paths in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Boseman will make his debut as the character in Captain America: Civil War, slated to debut in theaters May 6, 2016.

You can read our previously published Origins & Evolutions piece on Black Panther by clicking here!

Creed Director Ryan Coogler in Talks for Marvel's Black Panther Movie

Let's make it HAPPEN MARVEL

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Looks like it's pretty much a lock for Coogler...

Filmmaker Ava Duvernay Is Excited To See What Her "Friend" Ryan Coogler Does With Marvel's Black Panther Movie After Stepping Down As The Blockbuster's Director.

'The woman behind Martin Luther King, Jr. biopic Selma walked away from a history-making role as Marvel's first black and female moviemaker over creative differences, but she hasn't turned her back on the project completely, and she believes the movie bosses have picked the right man for the job.

"I think it's an incredible character and it looks like my friend Ryan Coogler may do it," she tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood Live. "I think it's the perfect film for him and I can't wait to see it."

Creed director Coogler emerged as a favourite for the Disney/Marvel project thanks in part to the success of his new Rocky sequel."

Ava Duvernay Still Excited About Black Panther Movie, Despite Walking Away