We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
You're right Groot, he would look better with a proton pack on his back

24vqgdu.jpg

:troll:

i am groot....​

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
According to sources, Ryan Coogler, the HOT director of Sundance indie breakout hit Fruitvale Station (a must watch imho) is being pursued by Marvel to direct the upcoming Black Panther!

I never bought that they were waiting for a finished script before going out to directors. Coogler is deep into post production on Creed which Warners drops in theaters on Thanksgiving.

Selma director Ava DuVernay was originally offered Black Panther but ultimately passed. Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray was a contender until he recently decided to direct Fast 8 instead.

The Wrap recently reported that Joe Robert Cole (FX's American Crime Story) is nearing a deal to write Black Panther for Marvel.

Coogler makes perfect sense. A hot young filmmaker who sources tell me is willing to do big commercial fare so a superhero movie is probably the next logical step. On a side note, Coogler sat right in front of me in the VIP section of the DC Hall H panel at Comic Con back in July so I suspected he was maybe considering Cyborg for the studio. I know Marvel and I know they track heat. I'm hearing nothing but great things about Creed.

Two years ago I broke Chadwick Boseman as the top contender for Black Panther when I was at Latino Review.

This story is developing and I'm not sure how far talks have progressed, or if an offer has even been made but I trust the sourcing and it looks like Coogler is now Marvel's top contender. I'll report back with more as I find out.

Marvel last week shifted the release date of Black Panther to drop during Black History Month on February 16th, 2018.

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Pursuing Ryan Coogler To Direct 'Black Panther'

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Another director says nope to Black Panther:

Now this is Umberto Gonzalez reporting so Coogler could also be signed to a 3 picture deal.:manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:dahell:

It's time to get a white director breh, these nikkas don't want to direct
I am thinking they might go for a TV director. I would recommend Ernest dikkerson. He does have some feature film experience but has been doing mostly TV direction since Juice. I am sure he would jump at the shot and he is a good director/cinematographer to boot.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
time for marvel to give michael jai white an interview

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I am thinking they might go for a TV director. I would recommend Ernest dikkerson. He does have some feature film experience but has been doing mostly TV direction since Juice. I am sure he would jump at the shot and he is a good director/cinematographer to boot.

They could use one of the directors they use for agents of shield. Either roxann dawson or kevin hooks. Both have extensive tv credits and both have multiple eps under the mcu banner. You could promote one of them.:manny: