We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it doesnt have to be more malcolm in what BP does but more of his ideals and "i only care about my ppl" attitude....and gtfoh with that last statement til i see this woman directs a action sequence :camby:

She's a better director breh. Now if you want to say he's a better action director cool but what she did with Selma is a lot better than anything homie has done as far as balancing a narrative and character and an ensemble and just getting her vision and voice across. Second unit directors normally handle the action anyway breh especially with these movies where most of the directors have had little experience with action.

What this and every movie needs is a person with a clear voice, an understanding of scope, a good ear for dialogue and character development and interaction. She can do that better than Fuqua. A lot better. Like @Ziggiy said, he's a journeyman director. She ain't that

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
She's a better director breh. Now if you want to say he's a better action director cool but what she did with Selma is a lot better than anything homie has done as far as balancing a narrative and character and an ensemble and just getting her vision and voice across. Second unit directors normally handle the action anyway breh especially with these movies where most of the directors have had little experience with action.

What this and every movie needs is a person with a clear voice, an understanding of scope, a good ear for dialogue and character development and interaction. She can do that better than Fuqua. A lot better. Like @Ziggiy said, he's a journeyman director. She ain't that
WTF DO U THINK I MEAN!! :mindblown: im only bringing up action in my responses....i dont want my BP movie turning into some TASM trash with some lovey dovey bullshyt and trash action sequences :shaq2:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
WTF DO U THINK I MEAN!! :mindblown: im only bringing up action in my responses....i dont want my BP movie turning into some TASM trash with some lovey dovey bullshyt and trash action sequences :shaq2:

Homie what makes you think it would even be a love story?

When you say Fuqua is a better director I think you mean better director period. When in reality he's not even close to her especially since you can get a highly qualified second unit director to handle that and that's what most movies do.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I need to see Panther on some Oberyn from game of thrones type moves. We know he go hard in the pant with that cat -like style.

tumblr_mzbn0cyOKe1qi5gjzo3_500.gif

tumblr_mheuwh86aI1qhwdqso1_250.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Black Panther is not nor has ever been a character defined by a "love story" so I don't know where the hell that thinking comes into play simply because a woman MIGHT direct the film. You think she's going to all of a sudden turn the shyt into Twilight:what: fukk outta here.

If anything I WISH The MCU could have the rights to Storm so we could see Black coupled Excellence in the sequel

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
Homie what makes you think it would even be a love story?

When you say Fuqua is a better director I think you mean better director period. When in reality he's not even close to her especially since you can get a highly qualified second unit director to handle that and that's what most movies do.
clearly u like her waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than i do breh cuz fuqua got hits under his belt and id take training day or selma any day :yeshrug: and like i said i aint seen the woman direct a action sequence and unless she got gareth evans in her back pocket for the fights imma be nervous no matter wat...and if its another TASM situation (talking strictly action) imma be beyond pissed :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
clearly u like her waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than i do breh cuz fuqua got hits under his belt and id take training day or selma any day :yeshrug: and like i said i aint seen the woman direct a action sequence and unless she got gareth evans in her back pocket for the fights imma be nervous no matter wat...and if its another TASM situation (talking strictly action) imma be beyond pissed :francis:

:dwillhuh: yeah if that's the case, we're clearly coming at it from two different perspectives breh cause I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Training Day and Selma are two RADICALLY different movies...

As I said before, Fuqua is serviceable. I don't even mean that as a diss, but there's nothing really "special" or unique about him. He doesn't bring anything to the table that guarantees any type of quality. He NEEDS a strong script and strong actors to breathe life into his movies.

Ava has proven with Selma that she can direct something powerful, she DAMN sure put Black Excellence into every frame of that film, and THATS what most excites me about her "possibly" taking on this film. When I see T'Challa, I want to see that same aura of excellence, opulence, and intelligence that shone through whenever David Oyelewo was on screen. That feeling of integrity and regality, of PURPOSE. Ava shot that movie to make MLK human, but full of pride and passion for his goals and intentions. People are saying they want T'Challa portrayed as more "Malcolm than Martin" WITHOUT giving the proper respects to the militancy that MLK DID exhibit (in his own manner) and the courage and eloquence that he displayed in his words and actions. MLK was NOBODY's bytch and Ava got that across perfectly

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Training Day and Selma are two RADICALLY different movies...

As I said before, Fuqua is serviceable. I don't even mean that as a diss, but there's nothing really "special" or unique about him. He doesn't bring anything to the table that guarantees any type of quality. He NEEDS a strong script and strong actors to breathe life into his movies.

Ava has proven with Selma that she can direct something powerful, she DAMN sure put Black Excellence into every frame of that film, and THATS what most excites me about her "possibly" taking on this film. When I see T'Challa, I want to see that same aura of excellence, opulence, and intelligence that shone through whenever David Oyelewo was on screen. That feeling of integrity and regality, of PURPOSE. Ava shot that movie to make MLK human, but full of pride and passion for his goals and intentions. People are saying they want T'Challa portrayed as more "Malcolm than Martin" WITHOUT giving the proper respects to the militancy that MLK DID exhibit (in his own manner) and the courage and eloquence that he displayed in his words and actions. MLK was NOBODY's bytch and Ava got that across perfectly

Plus...she can write her own damn script:sas2:

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
no one said BP would be a love story but he WILL have a love interest because if u actually read the comics storm is not his only woman :comeon: and idc if its directed by a man or not they are for sure gonna bring that up

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
She could do the James Gunn and write the script (with HEAVY assistance from Feige and company, hopefully circumventing another Edgar Wright situation)

and that's the shyt that's got me vexed about this..that exact sentence. She doesn't need to be stymied like that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
no one said BP would be a love story but he WILL have a love interest because if u actually read the comics storm is not his only woman :comeon: and idc if its directed by a man or not they are for sure gonna bring that up

I'm well aware of Black Panther and that his OG love interest was Monica Lynne and I have NO issue with him having a love interest, it just seems like people are grasping at straws to argue why Ava isn't a good idea for the film and quite frankly it's stupid as hell

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
and that's the shyt that's got me vexed about this..that exact sentence. She doesn't need to be stymied like that

It is what is though. EVERY MCU film has to connect with the overall mythos of the phases. I think at THIS point every writer/director should know that. In a perfect situation her "voice" wouldn't be stymied it would just have to work alongside the bigger picture. Marvel hasn't really gone wrong yet so I'd trust they'd know exactly what their building towards. I don't think they want a complete "yes man" director or they wouldn't be wanting directors like Ava, Whedon, Wright, etc in the first place.

But if you want to play in the sandbox you have to go by certain rules.

I want a kick-ass BP at the end of the day. He's my all time favorite superhero im planning on seeing this movie multiple times during its theatrical run. I want a black director, black writers, as many black people as possible helping to bring this BLACK HERO to life and I'm going to support the shyt out of it.

But I'm not naive as to think Marvel is going to dump 150 Million in her lap and say "have fun", what I want for her is what James Gunn, Whedon, and the Russo brothers accomplished, as that's that their vision was realized AS WELL as Marvel's