We got a new Heavyweight Champion of the World brehs

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is no way you are going to get me to sit up here and clown a guy for his body when he whooped the fukk outta the biggest thing that has come out of the UK in a while. I been watching boxing since I was 7 years old. I saw Gerry c00ney destroy Ken Norton live when I was a kid on a 13" b/w tv. the way your body looks has little to do with hand speed and zero to do with power. :flabbynsick: didnt have a super physicqe but he was dominant in his reign.

Ruiz isnt going to be champ for long. he probably will lose the rematch. but give him credit. he was ready and Joshua wasnt.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Straight clown sport at this point. We're one judge away from all the belts being held by these two guys:

SPORT-PREVIEW-Ruiz-Updated-e1556709550942.jpg

tyson.jpg

Imagine a sport where the top-ranked athletes don't even face each other. Imagine a sport where clunky-ass Russian professors dominate for 15 years. Imagine a sport where the two guys holding the belts weighed a combined 700 pounds a couple years ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's 21st century heavyweight boxing. :deadmanny:

50-0 at heavyweight

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

50-0 at heavyweight

In an era where most other pro athletes drank and smoked all the time and didn't even know what a weight room looked like. :yeshrug:

And he definitely doesn't look like he's on drugs, letting himself go, etc. I'm talking about the lack of discipline as an athlete that some of these guys show.

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
In an era where most other pro athletes drank and smoked all the time and didn't even know what a weight room looked like. :yeshrug:

And he definitely doesn't look like he's on drugs, letting himself go, etc. I'm talking about the lack of discipline as an athlete that some of these guys show.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Ain't that an argument FOR soccer? There are thousands of college soccer scholarships available out there and you don't even have to compete against the best players to get them. You got tens of thousands of professional players making a living in leagues all over the world AND you got the college scholly route too. Just a lot more opportunities to take a step up in life via soccer skills than there are via boxing skills.

You're killing your own argument - baseball was once arguably the most popular sport in the Black community and could one day be popular again (though I don't think it will ever surpass football/basketball). If baseball's popularity can go up and down, why not soccer? European squads are full of Black players, it's dumb to think that ADOS are the only Black people in the world that will never play.

I mean damn, there are already been brehs on the U.S. National Team for a minute now - they have at least 4-5 Black players on the squad at all times. And more coming up - this is the American U19 team:

20180911-U20MNT-v-VEN-556x300.jpg

That's a picture from a game they played against Jamaica a few months ago. Isaac Angking and Chris Goslin are playing for MLS teams, Akil Watts (sub not in photo) is playing professionally in Spain, Khai Brisco and Foe Nuphaus playing for the Huskies and the Bears, Nathan Harriel will be headed to Clemson in the fall.

That's six brehs representing the USA in just one game.

Baseball was our culture and therefore it could be again

Soccer is not our culture and never has been

There may be a few Black kids who grow up around White kids into that shyt.

It will never be cool to the hood.

That shyt is permanently for girls and immigrants.

Wilder or Tank Davis is the best, pound for pound, IMO

:hhh:Jeez, you don't watch boxing at all, do you?

Neither one of those dudes are even top 5 P4P Black boxers

1 Terence Crawford
2. Errol Spence
3. Keith Thurman
4. Jermall Charlo
5. Julian Williams

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Like I said, every Black community in the world outside of the USA is into soccer.

The French National Team.
500_F_150407257_9yY4b22o6ityNWIcTGJQFnfomqF3VfwU.jpg

Jamaica's team that was runners-up in the last two Gold Cups
AR-307259883.jpg

Haiti's boys team just placed 3rd in the most recent CONCACAF championships
20170218-haiti-u20mnt.ashx

Basketball wasn't even in the Black community until the 1950s. MMA wasn't a thing until recently. None of this shyt is static.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust

:hhh:Jeez, you don't watch boxing at all, do you?

Neither one of those dudes are even top 5 P4P Black boxers

1 Terence Crawford
2. Errol Spence
3. Keith Thurman
4. Jermall Charlo
5. Julian Williams
The key words in my sentence are IN MY OPINION. Do you nikkas have the slightest bit of reading comprehension? :what:

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
and what are you basing your opinion off of ?
nikka why does it matter?:what:

Do you nikkas forget? I don't know you nikkas in real life. We aren't friends :what:

Think what you want and I'll do the same. What you eat don't make me shyt and vice versa. I can already tell. You're one of those annoying, remedial nikkas who can't agree to just disagree and are gonna keep quoting me. So go on about your life. And I'll do the same. Ignore. :beli:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS