"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lots of people including yourself :stopitslime: reported cyberpunk wasn’t as bad off as a lot of the discourse would have you belive.

Of course in this context you’d say spiderman had no problems.

Like i said it was well documented

It was just “hilarious” when it happened in miles morales.

People would do the totally reasonable thing of restarting their console and just playing on.

With cyberpunk it became the “in” thing to trash the game for a couple weeks.

People would run to the internet and make a youtube’s video and talk about how terrible the game was instead of just restarting the mission and moving on.

Breh, i didn’t have one quest breaking bug, crashes, hang ups, or noticeable glitches playing the game.

Cyberpunk was glitchy, not to the fact that It was unplayable, it was mostly fine but the game crashed one me at least one or twice a session. Its not really in the same league. It took them two years to clean up cyberpunk, whatever bugs were in miles were cleaned up within the launch period.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sure as usual, you are just here to stan :ehh:

Can’t think of one major bug or glitch that happened in my 60 hours playthrough of RDR2. Not even anything funny like t-posing. Game was boring as hell but relatively a polished open world experience.

You are just cherry-picking dumb youtube videos that find glitches in everything. You can literally do that for every game, it doesn’t mean that particular game launched broken.

You’re just making stuff up to excuse microsoft not making AAA games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This just isn't true. Companies couldn't make many mid-tier games because their teams were split between their current AAA and the sequels, there was less variety, so gamers didn't really have much of a choice. People still bought them but would've preferred something new, an example of this was the Assassin's Creed fatigue after 3.
There’s a disconnect in the way we talk about games on forums and what’s happening in real life. As far as sales and popularity go there was no fatigue with ass creed. It continues to grow bigger and more popular. The problem with ass creed is that the budgets are growing quicker than the audience. It’s not sustainable to keep spending more and more to develop a game while bringin in the same amount of money.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Breh, i didn’t have one quest breaking bug, crashes, hang ups, or noticeable glitches playing the game.

Cyberpunk was glitchy, not to the fact that It was unplayable, it was mostly fine but the game crashed one me at least one or twice a session. Its not really in the same league. It took them two years to clean up cyberpunk, whatever bugs were in miles were cleaned up within the launch period.
Again lots of people reported cyberpunk not being as glitchy as your experince here.

Some people had to get a whole new damn PS5 cause of miles morales.

It’s impossible to quantify how much of it was happening as everyone’s experiences vary.

What is possible to quantify is the very different tone the internet took talking about the issues.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just like people had to replace their PS5’s because the Liquid Metal melted down their consoles :comeon:

You’re like one post away from being the xbox Alex Jones
I’m not making it up. Thats what people reported. And this is the difference i’m talking about.

Something like that is reported about Cuberpunk. Y’all all share the stories and the youtube videos and your bad anecdotes memes and jokes, etc even if you personally have not had the problem.

Something is reported about spiderman and you run in to proclaim you’ve never had the problem and attack the person reporting it and call them a liar.

You’ve only proven my point in here :manny:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
There’s a disconnect in the way we talk about games on forums and what’s happening in real life. As far as sales and popularity go there was no fatigue with ass creed. It continues to grow bigger and more popular. The problem with ass creed is that the budgets are growing quicker than the audience. It’s not sustainable to keep spending more and more to develop a game while bringin in the same amount of money.
:why:

They released 5 console AC games between 2013-2015, the audience was constantly speculating on when they would take a break and change the systems/location. I was in middle school when these games came out, and we weren't excited for new AC as the target demographic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not making it up. Thats what people reported. And this is the difference i’m talking about.

Something like that is reported about Cuberpunk. Y’all all share the stories and the youtube videos and your bad anecdotes memes and jokes, etc even if you personally have not had the problem.

Something is reported about spiderman and you run in to proclaim you’ve never had the problem and attack the person reporting it and call them a liar.

You’ve only proven my point in here :manny:

Show me where i did that for cyberpunk

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

You’ve only proven my point in here

It happened, but it wasn't common, it was mostly journalists online making people aware about it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:why:

They released 5 console AC games between 2013-2015, the audience was constantly speculating on when they would take a break and change the systems/location. I was in middle school when these games came out, and we weren't excited for new AC as the target demographic.
Your personal anecdote is at odds with ubisoft pocketbook. :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y’all all share the stories and the youtube videos and your bad anecdotes memes and jokes

Don’t play dumb breh, you were in the cyberpunk thread :comeon:

Show me where i personally did that for Cyberpunk

Like i said, i played both games, spider-man miles morales ran flawless for me. Cyberpunk didn’t, and i didn’t make a big fuss about it because witcher 3 was shytty too, its their engine