"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
GTA 6 will decide if we've hit a wall or companies just need to put more money behind their projects
GTA6 is the successor to the singular most profitable piece of multimedia entertainment in history. This is a huge outlier. This game isn't the game to do a litmus test with.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
GTA6 is the successor to the singular most profitable piece of multimedia entertainment in history. This is a huge outlier. This game isn't the game to do a litmus test with.
Nah ROCKSTAR has been leading the pack for decades. It's the innovation. Every single one was ahead of it's time, then other companies would copy. If GTA6 comes out stale with nothing new to offer, we are in big trouble. If they continue to innovate, like any flagship model of it's field, the tech and ideas will funnel down to smaller companies eventually.

But yea.. If we're waiting until 2028 and it's just GTA 5.5, I'd say gaming has hit the wall

Daps
Nah ROCKSTAR has been leading the pack for decades. It's the innovation. Every single one was ahead of it's time, then other companies would copy. If GTA6 comes out stale with nothing new to offer, we are in big trouble. If they continue to innovate, like any flagship model of it's field, the tech and ideas will funnel down to smaller companies eventually.

But yea.. If we're waiting until 2028 and it's just GTA 5.5, I'd say gaming has hit the wall
:russ: Isn’t it coming out next year?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, nikkas be giggling when I say stuff like the industry is currently in a bubble when it comes to Triple A titles but it's facts and should be common sense for people that actually pay attention to gaming news.

Triple A games are a huge risk most are hail Mary passion projects now.

Edit: or super by the metrics and numbers... meaning regurgitated trends that have shown to be profitable in recent years. Currently that's what most are.

The best games now are double A indie games.

Consolidation isn't happening because of XYZ, it's happening because stuff cost too much to make.

And on top of costing a ton, the industry is changing so you can't work people like you use to (which is good for employees but bad for gamers) games are taking longer and longer to come out and the gamers are so cynical and bougie now that a triple title that took 6 years to make can get negative press and reviews for any kind of problem.

Jim Ryan ain't just talking when he said they need COD revenue. They count on that to offset the cost of these games and deals.
:sas2:

:wow:

They want to act like I'm the crazy one though

tenor.gif