"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Sony removed it cause sony fans were going crazy on the web and sony doesn’t have a proper refund policy.

Some of Sonys own games had similar issues and they stayed on the store

man :russ:

This is revisionist history like a mf, CP2077 was Fallout 76 level when it came out Miles was not that bad, most people didn't have an issue with it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The game wouldn’t have been as great as it was if they stopped at what PS4 could do.:scust:

I know..:pachaha: I just said focus on the major thing that's in front of you... They literally stretched themselves way too thin. Soon as they was done with a solid polished PS4 version then focus on the PC/PS5 versions.:manny: PS5 was still new no reason to rush anything when millions more had last gen systems

Daps
2077 was so disappointing. Especially when you look at all the features from the tabletop it was based off of. I'm praying someone makes a bladerunner game that plays like RDR2/GTA.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Like I said they could have solely made a PS4 / last gen version out the gate and the game would have been a masterpiece they didn't have to suffer trying to carry everything at the same time. This is what happens when you stretch yourselves too thin

They'll laugh at this, but it's exactly what Rockstar did with GTA 5, people bytched and made comparison videos to the trailer but at the end of the day everyone who waited bought it on the new consoles and loved it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
man :russ:

This is revisionist history like a mf, CP2077 was Fallout 76 level when it came out Miles was not that bad, most people didn't have an issue with it.
Like i said the hype took over.

Miles had the same type of stuff going on where you would fall through the floor or game breaking missions. Bugs and shyt.

When it was Miles Morales the bugs were “hilarious”

Cyberpunk same type of bugs people were writing blogs about how terrible the game was and J schreir runnin all up in their offices looking for problems :wow:

Seems like a game doing this woulda got much more attention, but that’s not the way the internet hype machine went.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like i said the hype took over.

Miles had the same type of stuff going on where you would fall through the floor or game breaking missions. Bugs and shyt.

When it was Miles Morales the bugs were “hilarious”

Cyberpunk same type of bugs people were writing blogs about how terrible the game was and J schreir runnin all up in their offices looking for problems :wow:

Seems like a game doing this woulda got much more attention, but that’s not the way the internet hype machine went.

Equating miles morales to cyberpunk 2077 is peak meach :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Equating miles morales to cyberpunk 2077 is peak meach :mjlol:
It’s all out there. I’m not making anything up

Y’all just didn’t go crazy with the hate campaigns for this game.

Some people based their entire content around shytting on cyberpunk for a couple months.

People were purposely going out to buy the game just to return it and run to the internet to trash the game.

Gaming discourse is more about hype than reality :manny:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a feedback loop, people wouldn't want these visual spectacles if companies didn't push them at E3 for 15 years, it wasn't until this last cycle that casual gamers started being vocal about preferring 60 fps over detail and the industry doesn't know how to handle it. We saw this with Callisto Protocol, I can't think of a single current gen game that I played on quality mode, not one. They have the data showing that most people don't even finish games like CP2077, they absolutely could have scaled it down.
People voted with their money. People stopped buying mid tier games, and criticized games for not being a certain length or having online multiplayer or not having high graphic fidelity or being 2-D
Industry moves in the direction the consumer's dollar goes

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Some people based their entire content around shytting on cyberpunk for a couple months.

People were purposely going out to buy the game just to return it and run to the internet to trash the game.

I’ll believe me, someone that owned and played both games to completion over you who doesn’t own a ps5 and some youtube videos

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

And this ain’t really just about spider-man.

My point was that all complex open world games have similar stuff going on.

RDR2 was a damn mess too.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They have the data showing that most people don't even finish games like CP2077, they absolutely could have scaled it down.
most people don't finish most games. Cyberpunk actually received a lot of criticism for being too short

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’ll believe me, someone that owned and played both games to completion over you who doesn’t own a ps5 and some youtube videos
Lots of people including yourself :stopitslime: reported cyberpunk wasn’t as bad off as a lot of the discourse would have you belive.

Of course in this context you’d say spiderman had no problems.

Like i said it was well documented

It was just “hilarious” when it happened in miles morales.

People would do the totally reasonable thing of restarting their console and just playing on.

With cyberpunk it became the “in” thing to trash the game for a couple weeks.

People would run to the internet and make a youtube’s video and talk about how terrible the game was instead of just restarting the mission and moving on.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
People voted with their money. People stopped buying mid tier games, and criticized games for not being a certain length or having online multiplayer or not having high graphic fidelity or being 2-D
Industry moves in the direction the consumer's dollar goes

This just isn't true. Companies couldn't make many mid-tier games because their teams were split between their current AAA and the sequels, there was less variety, so gamers didn't really have much of a choice. People still bought them but would've preferred something new, an example of this was the Assassin's Creed fatigue after 3.