WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because most of the people doing the rooting are fans of characters from both companies or in some cases all companies (Dark horse, valiant) so It's not just rooting for characters you like. It's basically taking the team aspect of sports and applying it to film rather than just rooting for dope movies period. We should all want every movie to be good, as film fans it makes our lives a lot better when movies are good. So being in a thread rooting against something to be good doesn't make any sense to me. Taking sides like this makes more sense when you're a kid to me than when you're an adult and have more perspective on the world. I say billion dollar company because that company isn't giving me any money at all. And it's also just my view of film where I'd rather give props to the director or writers or actors rather than the studio but that's all preference. Some people root for the studios, some people root for the directors and talent behind or in front of the camera
Sports teams are companies to. But rooting for them is acceptable.
And the talent isn't paying you either so how is that better?
They may be creative but without the company's resources their ideas would stay just that, ideas in their heads shared with a limited amount of people who can imagine there creative thoughts. Billion dollar companies makes creative thoughts reality and distribute them to the masses. You should be a little more grateful. lol
And really I only saw someone being critical of a company's plan to bring a story to the stage, thinking it could be done better. Not rooting for bad movies to come out.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That is kinda retarded. If you don't like a character/characters why do you bother to post about them so much?
This team mentality about comic book movies makes nearly zero sense to me. This aint pro sports or politics.
DC/WB doing well doesn't mean that Marvel/Disney loses and vice versa. I really don't see the purpose for rooting against one company.
Most of these stories originate in our childhood. it's an emotional connection. Emotions do not have to follow logic and ' make sense'. They are the opposite of logic actually.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They may be creative but without the company's resources their ideas would stay just that, ideas in their heads shared with a limited amount of people who can imagine there creative thoughts. Billion dollar companies makes creative thoughts reality and distribute them to the masses. You should be a little more grateful. lol
And really I only saw someone being critical of a company's plan to bring a story to the stage, thinking it could be done better. Not rooting for bad movies to come out.
Aside from the built in rooting interest involved in sports match-ups; as I said in my post a sports rivalry has clear cut stakes involved where one party wins and the other loses.
These movie studios can both be hugely successful without having any sort of detrimental effect on the each other.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Most of these stories originate in our childhood. it's an emotional connection. Emotions do not have to follow logic and ' make sense'. They are the opposite of logic actually.
I still can't quite see how you can develop a need to actively root against one company over the other.
I read Marvel and DC comics as a kid and never once felt the desire to hate one of them.
I watched He-Man and Thundercats...didn't decide that He-Man was the shyt and Lion-O was an a$$hole whose show I needed to wish failure upon.
It just makes no sense to me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I still can't quite see how you can develop a need to actively root against one company over the other.
I read Marvel and DC comics as a kid and never once felt the desire to hate one of them.
I watched He-Man and Thundercats...didn't decide that He-Man was the shyt and Lion-O was an a$$hole whose show I needed to wish failure upon.
Sorry the universe is more mysterious to you than me. lol People do it, it's obvious. Your understanding of it is not necessary.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Aside from the built in rooting interest involved in sports match-ups; as I said in my post a sports rivalry has clear cut stakes involved where one party wins and the other loses.
These movie studios can both be hugely successful without having any sort of detrimental effect on the each other.
Possible but not likely, there is a thing called marketshare and you can win the majority of it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sorry the universe is more mysterious to you than me. lol People do it, it's obvious. Your understanding of it is not necessary.
People behaving stupidly is always a mystery to me.

Possible but not likely, there is a thing called marketshare and you can win the majority of it.
But even if one compsany wins the market share it doesn't automatically make the other a loser. Both companies could have really successful movies. That is why Avengers Age of Ultron was not seen as a loser even though Jurassic World did better at the box office. Or why Universal being the most profitable studio in 2015 doesn't mean Disney was a loser this year.
In a athletic contest you win and the other guy loses. Period end of story.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People behaving stupidly is always a mystery to me.

But even if one compsany wins the market share it doesn't automatically make the other a loser. Both companies could have really successful movies. That is why Avengers Age of Ultron was not seen as a loser even though Jurassic World did better at the box office. Or why Universal being the most profitable studio in 2015 doesn't mean Disney was a loser this year.
In a athletic contest you win and the other guy loses. Period end of story.
People having emotions is stupid? I feel sorry for your significant other then. lol
Context also matters. While Disney is not mad at the profit they made on AoA they are envious of Jurassic World's huger haul. And DC is ramping up there superhero interest as not to lose out to Marvel completely in the genre. In may be more abstract than a final sports score but the competition is there. And there are definitely winners and losers.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
DC doesn't really know what it's doing
Exactly what I was thinking. I won't even mention the other people

But damn. They pulling this out their ass.

They had batman planned and cool

Then they saw that success was did superman

Then it was superman 2. Oh wait no. Let's make it batman and sups.

No. No. That's dumb. Let's throw justice league in

Ok then the very next movie will be justice league even though we only had 1 movie to flesh out all the characters

Ok but what about dark

Hmmm we could do that but we not sure if it'll be included or not

Meanwhile a better PLAN would be to actually have planned this shyt out from a story and marketing perspective, and put it in for the long haul

I think DC is gonna be the ones to ruin this comic book thing. Ain't nobody trying to see constantine and swamp thing and shyt

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Then you don't pay attention to a lot of the chatter on this board. And no I don't need to be grateful breh I'm a grown ass man lol there are a lot more important things in the world for me to be grateful for and people for me to be grateful for

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Exactly. You can root for both lol. I love spider man and batman. I love deadpool and booster gold. The Simpsons is my favorite animated series ever but I don't sit there and say I won't fukk with South Park or the boondocks or any other cartoon because of my love for the Simpsons.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Then you don't pay attention to a lot of the chatter on this board. And no I don't need to be grateful breh I'm a grown ass man lol there are a lot more important things in the world for me to be grateful for and people for me to be grateful for
I was being specific to the case at hand/in this thread. Dude just said he thinks they should do the classic DC characters before they get into this. That's not rooting against DC IMO.
OK, is it mutually exclusive? I think you can be grateful for people, place, things and experiences you have received including hours of entertainment provided to you. .

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly what I was thinking. I won't even mention the other people

But damn. They pulling this out their ass.

They had batman planned and cool

Then they saw that success was did superman

Then it was superman 2. Oh wait no. Let's make it batman and sups.

No. No. That's dumb. Let's throw justice league in

Ok then the very next movie will be justice league even though we only had 1 movie to flesh out all the characters

Ok but what about dark

Hmmm we could do that but we not sure if it'll be included or not

Meanwhile a better PLAN would be to actually have planned this shyt out from a story and marketing perspective, and put it in for the long haul

I think DC is gonna be the ones to ruin this comic book thing. Ain't nobody trying to see constantine and swamp thing and shyt
Don't be a hater. :sadbron:

Just joking I completely agree. :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was being specific to the case at hand/in this thread. Dude just said he thinks they should do the classic DC characters before they get into this. That's not rooting against DC IMO.
OK, is it mutually exclusive? I think you can be grateful for people, place, things and experiences you have received including hours of entertainment provided to you. .

I'm sure you could but that's now how I am. I don't see life that way. I love wrestling but I'm not grateful to Vince McMahon for the E at all. My perspective comes from some shyt that's happened to me in my life that showed me all of this is just entertainment and it's truly not as important as some other things. Losing a parent to cancer or any type of ailment can do that to you

And from what @Jello Biafra tells me, it was more than just Bryan's comment, which I understand. It's the typical cats coming in saying something will be bad because its not marvel which is asinine

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
People having emotions is stupid? I feel sorry for your significant other then. lol
Context also matters. While Disney is not mad at the profit they made on AoA they are envious of Jurassic World's huger haul. And DC is ramping up there superhero interest as not to lose out to Marvel completely in the genre. In may be more abstract than a final sports score but the competition is there. And there are definitely winners and losers.
Having emotions is fine...picking teams from comic book movie universes is stupid.
And much like you were unable to see nuance in my calling that behavior stupid you are also incapable of seeing the difference between concrete winners and losers in a sporting event and a situation where everyone is successful but it is just to differing degrees.
Sure at the highest levels I guess Disney is mad about Jurassic World making more money than AOU but they aren't seeing that as a loss.