WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Having emotions is fine...picking teams from comic book movie universes is stupid.
And much like you were unable to see nuance in my calling that behavior stupid you are also incapable of seeing the difference between concrete winners and losers in a sporting event and a situation where everyone is successful but it is just to differing degrees.
Sure at the highest levels I guess Disney is mad about Jurassic World making more money than AOU but they aren't seeing that as a loss.

That's what I was looking for but you said it better than I could.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Having emotions is fine...picking teams from comic book movie universes is stupid.
And much like you were unable to see nuance in my calling that behavior stupid you are also incapable of seeing the difference between concrete winners and losers in a sporting event and a situation where everyone is successful but it is just to differing degrees.
Sure at the highest levels I guess Disney is mad about Jurassic World making more money than AOU but they aren't seeing that as a loss.
If emotions are responsible for the 'picking of teams' how can it be 'stupid'? Logic is not part of the equation.
It's not me being unable to see nuance. I just don't agree. Sorry.
I'm sure they are saying AoA lost to Jurassic World in Disney board meetings plainly without nuance. How are they not?!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
to @Jello Biafra point, I feel like there's a difference between me rooting for the giants last night in a game that one team will lose and the other team will win, there are no varying degrees of success. There's no "we need to break even" "we need to be number one at the box office this week or else our studio exec will lose his job" it's the sheer unadulterated feeling of thrill of victory and agony of defeat. You go through ups and downs with a team over years, sometimes decades or generations. I live in pg county maryland, redskins country, and these fans bleed the colors of that team. They've been with them through thick and thin, through a lot of terrible terrible terrible years, at least 20 years of it. They support the team even when the team is seemingly doing stupid stuff. There's nothing like that with comic book companies or movie studios. Disney not having the highest grossing movie of the summer isn't a blow to them lol, they still made money, A LOT of money, and the still styled on the competition. Universal having a bigger year so far is something for the guys and gals who work at Universal to crow about at black tie events and studio parties, but it's tough for me as a fan to get emotionally involved in something like that when after I pay my 10-12 bucks to see it, enjoy it for 2 hours, I'm done with it. It means more to them than to me

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I think it's incredibly silly.....

They HAD the shyt on a smaller scale. Batman Animated and Superman Adventures with JLA/JLA:U and Teen Titans. All they had to do was branch out.

past failures made them too scared to try anything with live actors.

They tried with Superman, they dabbled with Arrow.

Now they're trying to cram 8 Marvel movies worth of introduction into 3 films.
:francis:You really want MORE origin stories

Jesus Christ :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm sure you could but that's now how I am. I don't see life that way. I love wrestling but I'm not grateful to Vince McMahon for the E at all. My perspective comes from some shyt that's happened to me in my life that showed me all of this is just entertainment and it's truly not as important as some other things. Losing a parent to cancer or any type of ailment can do that to you

And from what @Jello Biafra tells me, it was more than just Bryan's comment, which I understand. It's the typical cats coming in saying something will be bad because its not marvel which is asinine
OK, you love (your word not mine) something but are not grateful to those who brought it to your attention?! That just speaks for itself.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OK, you love (your word not mine) something but are not grateful to those who brought it to your attention?! That just speaks for itself.

Because again, a different perspective. I'll give props to stan lee and steve ditko all day but I'm not going to worship at their altars and tell them how great they are and start a dikk sucking contest because they created spider man. Especially since I don't know what type of cats they are outside of what they've created. I don't have to show them any "love" outside of the dollars I pay every wednesday or the dollars I put down when I see a movie or buy a t shirt. That's how I show my adoration, by lining their pockets. I love these characters because the characters mean a lot to me, I don't feel the need to have that same unconditional love for people I don't know or entities I don't know.

It's the same way with McMahon: I show him my "love" by paying him 9.99/month for the network. But I do not know Vince, I don't know a thing about his private life except his political leanings and the stuff that comes out in the news from backstage rumors, etc. Outside of giving him, Marvel. DC or whomever else my hard earned money, what other ways do I need to show my gratefulness breh?

And as far as what it says about me, it says I'm much more appreciative of the people in my life not the people who have a tangential effect on me. I don't love my mom or my sister or my family the same way I love spider man or batman. It's not even the same ballpark

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
you're not understanding me. marvel took the time to lay the foundation first before the crossover event. they established their key characters first and then they brought them together. the climax was earned. if avengers comes out after iron man 1 it wouldn't have been as good and it most certainly wouldn't have been as big.

and come on DC's plan was most certainly put together at the last minute. how can you possibly argue otherwise. regardless of what they're able to salvage from it, it definitely feels rushed. batman and wonder woman have to be formally introduced in the SAME movie!
Who gives a fukk about about laying foundation if the movie is good?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because again, a different perspective. I'll give props to stan lee and steve ditko all day but I'm not going to worship at their altars and tell them how great they are and start a dikk sucking contest because they created spider man. Especially since I don't know what type of cats they are outside of what they've created. I don't have to show them any "love" outside of the dollars I pay every wednesday or the dollars I put down when I see a movie or buy a t shirt. That's how I show my adoration, by lining their pockets. I love these characters because the characters mean a lot to me, I don't feel the need to have that same unconditional love for people I don't know or entities I don't know.

It's the same way with McMahon: I show him my "love" by paying him 9.99/month for the network. But I do not know Vince, I don't know a thing about his private life except his political leanings and the stuff that comes out in the news from backstage rumors, etc. Outside of giving him, Marvel. DC or whomever else my hard earned money, what other ways do I need to show my gratefulness breh?
I think that's all it is 'props'/speaking positive about what they provided. No one is asking you to get personal, just acknowledge their accomplishments that you admire. Is that a bridge too far or something?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
So I sound like a fool for questioning why wouldnt DC drop movies with there main top 4-5 super heroes vs that faux AVERGER-lite movie they about to drop with no solid foundation for the universe and future they are trying to build?

I'm not criticizing cuz their DC on some Marvel Stan shyt.... hell it would've been crazy, possibly dumb Marvel dropped Guardians like right after Ironman 1 or Hulk and then maybe Inhumans before Thor and Cap is even released and the sequels to the others.

Just saying... gotdamn... work that shyt in... give the world true Superman movie, then a Flash, then WonderWoman, then GLanterns, and hell maybe a Batman movie THEN drop this.

Give the people what they want first... then introduce them so something new
Won't all the justice league characters movies come before this

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think that's all it is 'props'/speaking positive about what they provided. No one is asking you to get personal, just acknowledge their accomplishments that you admire. Is that a bridge too far or something?

When I pay them my money that's me acknowledging their accomplishments breh. But sitting there taking a side is asinine to me. I don't owe them anything else but my dollars every Wednesday or when a movie comes out. That's how I say "thanks" but I'm not caping for anyone on a message board. That's a bridge too far for me

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When I pay them my money that's me acknowledging their accomplishments breh. But sitting there taking a side is asinine to me. I don't owe them anything else but my dollars every Wednesday or when a movie comes out. That's how I say "thanks" but I'm not caping for anyone on a message board. That's a bridge too far for me
That's fine but trying to play other people for doing it is also asinine. Calling out people for doing it isn't going to stop them from doing it so you can just save your breath going forward.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's fine but trying to play other people for doing it is also asinine. Calling out people for doing it isn't going to stop them from doing it so you can just save your breath going forward.

Nah I'm good homie. If you don't like it just ignore it simple as that. You do what you do I'll do what I do and if it really bugs you that much just ignore it.