Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I never copied and pasted any pro athlete into soccer. My post history in this thread has been consistent with the idea that if African Americans started playing soccer they would have the same ability as the best soccer play AND the an advantage athletically.

You can't just assume that someone who plays ball fresh out the womb is gonna have the same ability as messi or ronaldo, if that was the case we would see a lot of players with the same level of skill....but we don't. Freddy Adu was labeled as the next goat and dude was a fukkin scrub. He was african american. The way you talk about football makes it seem like all you need to do is play from a young age and you're gonna be a problem, then throw in black genetics and you're the best....nah, shyt ain't simple fam...not in america. Some of the best players ever were black men from brazil. I just don't see any american player having the same technical ability, finesse and overall qualities like the great players that came from south america....it's a different football culture over there, one that america may never catch on to because of the quality of training and coaches. These nations live and breathe football....till the US adopts that mentality, they will have to settle for being a B- nation in the sport.

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
why do people keep acting like superstars in the NBA would automatically be good at soccer

first of all isn't it a bad asset to have big feet on the pitch?

bad assett to be too tall....poor coordination...with the exempt few of players like zlatan or crouch

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I never copied and pasted any pro athlete into soccer. My post history in this thread has been consistent with the idea that if African Americans started playing soccer they would have the same ability as the best soccer play AND the an advantage athletically. You soccer purists have a one track mind in these debates, no one is saying just be fast and be the best. Im talking about the EXACT same skills as everyone else AND the physical advantage.

Yeah, that's what I don't get, soccer dudes always argue like people are saying if some star NFL/NBA player decided to play soccer today on a whim they'd be great at it. Nah, the argument is that if the US had a feeder system into soccer the same way it does with basketball and football, African Americans would emerge from that feeder system with high level skills and the athletic advantage we have in every other sport.

I think the US would have a different breed of soccer player from anywhere else in the world, slightly bigger, slightly heavier while having the speed of the fastest teams.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
You can't just assume that someone who plays ball fresh out the womb is gonna have the same ability as messi or ronaldo, if that was the case we would see a lot of players with the same level of skill....but we don't. Freddy Adu was labeled as the next goat and dude was a fukkin scrub. He was african american. The way you talk about football makes it seem like all you need to do is play from a young age and you're gonna be a problem, them throw in black genetics and you're the best....nah, shyt ain't simple fam...I just don't see any american player having the same technical ability, finesse and overall qualities like the great players that came from south america....it's a different football culture over there, one that america may never catch on to.

That's what people thought about basketball, and the rest of the world caught up to us and is producing high level players. The number 1 basketball player in 2017 is a Sudanese Australian.....just read that, Sudanese Australian.

You put the proper feeder system in place and somebody will emerge from it, especially with the type of money the US throws at sports.

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
Yeah, that's what I don't get, soccer dudes always argue like people are saying if some star NFL/NBA player decided to play soccer today on a whim they'd be great at it. Nah, the argument is that if the US had a feeder system into soccer the same way it does with basketball and football, African Americans would emerge from that feeder system with high level skills and the athletic advantage we have in every other sport.

I think the US would have a different breed of soccer player from anywhere else in the world, slightly bigger, slightly heavier while having the speed of the fastest teams.

African teams already carry that embodiment your hoping for...America needs more quality coaches at the lower levels

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
African teams already carry that embodiment your hoping for...America needs more quality coaches at the lower levels

African teams don't have billions of dollars behind them.

If Soccer became more popular in the US, you better believe the best coaches would be bought from around the world.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Not enough kids play the sport here.../QUOTE]

Not true. Matter fact its quite the opposite. Many ids start off playing soccer then journey off to football/basketball by the time they in high school. Soccer is the 2nd most popular sport being played by youths. Problem is we have a horrible youth program and there's no $ to be made to play the sport in the US.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
That's what people thought about basketball, and the rest of the world caught up to us and is producing high level players.

You put the proper feeder system in place and somebody will emerge from it, especially with the type of money the US throws at sports.

it's 2014 and the best they've become as a team is being ranked in the top 20....how much longer will it take for them to get to another level while these other countries are popping out babies that will be future stars every day? I've been hearing that the US will become a top nation for so many years now....and it has yet to happen. They'll beat a top team here and there, have players go overseas to play in the big leagues and shyt...but as a nation they just can't get over the hump....with the resources at their disposal...

I just don't think it's meant to be....the US just isn't a football nation...

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

it all comes down to good coaching, and how accessible and available it is to kids.

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
African teams don't have billions of dollars behind them.

If Soccer became more popular in the US, you better believe the best coaches would be bought from around the world.

but popularity does not come out of nowhere...USA SOCCER, must do the investing....stop going to upper middle class america to find talent...hit up the kids hungry to play, to get out of the hood

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're just going to ignore your post breh. :heh:

In their opinion, African American can be good in all sports but soccer. shyt, it harder to learn the skills to become a world class tennis player than a soccer player.

They was saying the same thing in Tennis for years. Until 2 African American girls learn how to play proper tennis at an early age and ran the WTA for over a decade.

Same with Golf :sas2:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
it's 2014 and the best they've become as a team is being ranked in the top 20....how much longer will it take for them to get to another level while these other countries are popping out babies that will be future stars every day? I've been hearing that the US will become a top nation for so many years now....and it has yet to happen. They'll beat a top team here and there, have players go overseas to play in the big leagues and shyt...but as a nation they just can't get over the hump....with the resources at their disposal...

I just don't think it's meant to be....the US just isn't a football nation...

Depends, do NFL players keep shooting themselves in the chest so their brains can be studied. Does somebody die on the field of a Monday Night football game.

The popularity of soccer in the US is directly related to what happens with the NFL in the next decade.