Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

Daps
Reppin
NULL
most NBA players come from middle class families with two parent households.

the NBA isn't filled with a bunch of poor black kids who wanted to make it out the hood.

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I agree with everything you are saying bruh but that negates the whole premise of what ive been posting. Your speaking on the current reality of soccer in America, im speaking on an American society in the distant future that has already embraced and invested the money into the sport.

All of my points hinges on a hypothetical scenario where U.S. cultures embraces soccer the way it embraces Football/Basketball. I take no shame in admitting that im a complete noob when it comes to watching soccer but I have functional eyes and soccer seems to be about coordination, something that African Americans have never lacked. Look at this video, this cat looked like he was breakdancing with ball, im supposed to believe African American cant swag like that?

This is another problem with football in the United States.

People basing opinions off youtube and people enamored with trickzzz and all that nonsense. Tricks and swag, a good footballer does not make.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The same feeder system as basketball and football? Soccer in the united states already has that. It's that system that holds the USA back, footballistically. And it would take decades and decades for world class players to emerge, realistically.

Nah, the feeder system in basketball and football are insane, especially basketball where kids are identified as early as 5th grade now and play in national AAU tournaments and camps.

These are our middle schoolers

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
This is another problem with football in the United States.

People basing opinions off youtube and people enamored with trickzzz and all that nonsense. Tricks and swag, a good footballer does not make.

Yeah, it's the same thing with basketball......but tricks and swag are how you get people interested that wouldn't normally care.

I bet if you showed a group of young black kids Ronaldo (Luis) making people look stupid they'd love it.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Malta, @Bay Area,
What makes you think that the US can breed athletes with physical advantage over the rest of the world ? :dwillhuh: GMOs ? Doping ?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
@Malta, @Bay Area,
What makes you think that the US can breed athletes with physical advantage over the rest of the world ? :dwillhuh: GMOs ? Doping ?

Access to weight rooms at an early age, case in point -

F1047759.jpg

You see that big muthafukka on the right, he's 15 in that pic.

2912893.jpg

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most NBA players come from middle class families with two parent households.

You mean working class.

Middle Class and Working Class are two different thing.

Most African American basketball players either come from urban working class areas or lower urban class areas.

Chris Webber for example. Both of his parents worked decent jobs, but they didn't stay too far from the lower class area. Jalen Rose only lived 2 or 3 miles away from Chris Webber in the lower class area.

Same with Venus and Serena. Both of their parents worked, but they still lived in Compton.

Don't let me get into the whole U.S. history of housing discrimination of not letting blacks live in decent areas where only whites could live. Which still go on to this day :sas2: but that's another topic.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
@Malta, @Bay Area,
Its not about breeding homie its about the natural physical advantages black folks have shown to possess in sports. Track n Field, Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc. If player A and B have the same level of skill/coaching but player B has an athletic advantage wouldnt that make him more dangerous?