Da endz init
Football will never be popular in America because swag

dipset_preview.jpg

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I've had this conversation like 13 times in the World Cup thread.

England are football's great overachievers. Not once, ever in the history of the sport have England underachieved given their resources, population and wealth. It's a narrative that the media and other countries like to trot out. But because England cares about football a lot and invented the sport people like to get petty and try to shyt on England because they've only won one world cup :camby:

England lacks resources, wealth and population? Compared to Argentina for example?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Imagine American athletes like Russell Westbrook, Percy Havin, Desean Jackson, etc playing soccer. American would win every World Cup.

That is why the world should hope that America never truly embraces soccer.

football is more than just running up n down the field, breh

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
lol....this is why the world laughs at the US when it comes to football

all these imaginative ideas of 6"3 players from keeper to striker all running 4.4 in the 40 and andrew wiggins vertical:mjlol: but the strength of lebron james:russ:...Hate to burst the bubble, I'm giving the US 20 YEARS...ya'll think other countries will be sleeping?? the love of the game is not deep rooted in american culture.....just forget athleticism....the technical skill must developed from when they begin walking, their must be a collective or pool of thousands of talented players....Also to those saying ship the young ones to europe...if u do that how do u develop your local league??

Also to the ppl saying americans don't care about football....your national team is good because the MLS quality of play is improving and more americans are playing in top flight leagues...

at this point the US is a Quarter Final team at best...but in 20 years things could change....or go to the shyts:sas2:

i speak the truth because i played the game at the pro level..i have seen with my own eyes the difference in development of a 8 year old in italy in an academy vs a 8 year old in kansas or iowa playing sunday league soccer......WORLDS apart...and it starts in the training

Once again yall are focusing on the training. You are neglecting the whole part about one day having the same training as the Europeans PAIRED with the natural physical attributes that African Americans have shown in VARIOUS sports.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Once again yall are focusing on the training. You are neglecting the whole part about one day having the same training as the Europeans PAIRED with the natural physical attributes that African Americans have shown in VARIOUS sports.

I think Brazil, Nigeria, Ghana etc could all produce athletes similar to the US, the difference is that we have weight rooms in the US pretty early on. The speed is there, the creative is there, the difference is African American athletes are usually heavier and stronger while having the same speed.

Look at all the 2nd generation Nigerians playing in the NFL, once they get access to the same training methods as African Americans there is no difference athletically.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Basketball, baseball, MMA, American Football, Tennis (Williams sisters), etc are more than just running up n down so im still not following this logic that Soccer is this anomally that African Americans wont be able to excel in.

nikka.....my reply has nothing to do with race...the fukk....you listed a bunch of fast nikkas, so i'm assuming you think speed is the most important factor....when a dude like pirlo would make fools out of these nikkas with his slow ass....

football takes more than being a super athlete....is that more clearer for u?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Afro American stars. (@King Jove beat me to it)

Black kids in America aren't lining up to play anything where the headliners don't look anything like them

How will the United States Soccer Federation go about changing that?

In the 90's, it seems as if the United States Soccer Federation put all their focus on the suburban whites. Instead of the African American community. :manny: I might be wrong, but that is what it seemed.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
People keep predicting that American football will probably die out in the future as more and more former pros shown signs of brain trauma.

That is really the tipping point, a lot of kids will be too short to realistically have a shot at basketball, so they could be funneled towards soccer. If NFL players are out here rocking diapers at 50 and blowing their brains out in droves, you'll be hard pressed to find any mothers willing to let their kids play football.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a superstar african-american soccer player. like making millions, getting nike endorsements and all that but also doing it in a flashy visually appealing way. like an african american neymar.

plus, for the hip-hop community to embrace it would be a great start

but of course none of those things will happen :dead:

:russ:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
nikka.....my reply has nothing to do with race...the fukk....you listed a bunch of fast nikkas, so i'm assuming you think speed is the most important factor....when a dude like pirlo would make fools out of these nikkas with his slow ass....

football takes more than being a super athlete....is that more clearer for u?
I never copied and pasted any pro athlete into soccer. My post history in this thread has been consistent with the idea that if African Americans started playing soccer they would have the same ability as the best soccer player AND the advantage athletically. You soccer purists have a one track mind in these debates, no one is saying just be fast and be the best. Im talking about the EXACT same skills as everyone else AND the physical advantage.

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
why do people keep acting like superstars in the NBA would automatically be good at soccer

first of all isn't it a bad attribute to have big feet on the pitch?

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot

In Football Today, the teams that generally epitomize superior athleticism, speed, strength are the african teams...look at someone like Emenike...a Bully or a YAYA Toure or Dider Drogba...big strong athletic players....you can argue the economics of why african teams are not winning world cups...they have the ingredients, crazy fans, love of the game(culture) but it still comes down to one thing they lack

QUALITY TRAINING!!!

african teams/players in africa don't have the world class coaches and what not to train

same thing in america...how many world class american managers can you name and do not say bruce arena or bradley's dad....we are importing quality coaches like klinsmann