Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
USA is going to be shyte for years. Let it go with these fantasy scenarios and dreams of inner city kids dominating soccer on some Mighty Ducks shyt.

Vzm8B.gif

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What would it take for soccer to become popular in the African American community?

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
Finally an American who speaks the truth.

Salute brother.

They HAD 20 years, US 94 was suppose to help the states. It didn't.

i speak the truth because i played the game at the pro level..i have seen with my own eyes the difference in development of a 8 year old in italy in an academy vs a 8 year old in kansas or iowa playing sunday league soccer......WORLDS apart...and it starts in the training

Daps
I wouldnt mind the U.S being a soccer powerhouse i do worry about how corny the U.S fans will make the games tho abroad with there lame ass USA chants and general faggitry...

This is some "grass is greener..." bullshyt.

In no way are American fans lamer than the hooligans across the pond. :childplease:

Daps
i speak the truth because i played the game at the pro level..i have seen with my own eyes the difference in development of a 8 year old in italy in an academy vs a 8 year old in kansas or iowa playing sunday league soccer......WORLDS apart...and it starts in the training

Where'd you play breh?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
What is England's excuse?

I've had this conversation like 13 times in the World Cup thread.

England are football's great overachievers. Not once, ever in the history of the sport have England underachieved given their resources, population and wealth. It's a narrative that the media and other countries like to trot out. But because England cares about football a lot and invented the sport people like to get petty and try to shyt on England because they've only won one world cup :camby:

phxdown

Pro
Daps
I also wish that Olympic basketball was U23. I wanna see a basketball championship similar in spectacle to the world cup.
I don't know about soccer not being accessible. living in rural-suburban South Carolina, we had a soccer field and we played soccer more than football in elementary school. The problem is the step between sloppy pickup games and serious organized games is pretty far and kids just can't easily cross it like they can in other sports.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
What would it take for soccer to become popular in the African American community?

a superstar african-american soccer player. like making millions, getting nike endorsements and all that but also doing it in a flashy visually appealing way. like an african american neymar.

plus, for the hip-hop community to embrace it would be a great start

but of course none of those things will happen :dead:

concise

Veteran
Daps
What it's going to take is a propaganda campaign to make kida play on their own, the same way kids play basketball on their own. The USA doesn't have ministers (or secretaries) of sport like other countries do. Government money no longer goes to the public good, only private corps.

Bootstraps and drive.