Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The discussion is why Americans would be better in soccer than Brazil or France given the popularity and resources.
One theory is the slave genetic selection, but it does not stand against Brazil, specially considering the size of this population.

I always said it could be on the same level as Brazil or France. (With proper youth development training of course)

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
i'm not a soccer guy but some of you nikkas are complete dumb when it comes to soccer :heh: have absolutely no idea what it takes to play the game.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
So US produces the best athletes....but are being shredded at the moment by the Jamaican squad, an island of 3 million.......

What sports worldwide are the US dominating at the moment apart from boxing? I'm curious

I can tell you never attended school to even drop out

you do know the US dominate the Olympics,dont let the track events fool you, the US always top the medal charts.....

the point made was no1 believed a 6 ft 5 man could be faster than a guy who has a lower sense of gravity.........

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
And he wouldn't be able to play football at high level because he's too buff. This dude is predestined to be US football players and that's why they are built that way because that's how US football players are.

Passing, shooting and vision don't require bodybuilder morphologies. You seem to know the game so I won't question you but you are missing the point. Producing great athletes doesn't mean that you will produce great football players not because you can't be a great player being a great athlete but because you need to be a good player first. This breh is an elite athlete because being a defensive linesman requires it ! This body type is the most efficient as his position and if he was skinny, nobody would ever think of playing him as this position. Same with running backs. But a QB doesn't need to be brolic like him.

But look at the MLS players. There are no american players built like this because you don't need it to play the game at high level. Hell, I will even say that being like the breh is a setback to be a great player. Explosiveness is good but you forget the importance of the ball and its handling and above all, endurance. This breh, wouldn't last in a B-Ball match. 20 minutes and he's coughing his lungs. This breh, would be useless in a baseball match
This breh would be VERY interesting in rugby to play as a winger because his body type fits the position but this breh will never be top of his town in tennis and so on.

I respect your opinion as you are a very knowledgeable breh sports-wise but you value athletic performances way too much. In football there are not necessary. You ever play footy with brehs like this ? Good in contact (obviously), 1 and 1, fast on the ball, dominant.
But them brehs always play as defenders because they clumsy, can't make a proper pass, tire quickly and lack vision. Obviously there are exceptions but it's that way usually.

Fam, I'm not saying this brolic ass kid could play football, the drive dedication and work he put in to get that big as well as having access to a weight room cannot be overlooked.

Let me ask you, have you ever seen a 15 year old like that anywhere else? That is the difference, we can scale it back and there are Juniors in HS right now that are 6'2" 200lbs with 40" verticals, no where else in the world are you going to find people that young, that heavy and that athletic at the same time.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
i'm not a soccer guy but some of you nikkas are complete dumb when it comes to soccer :heh: have absolutely no idea what it takes to play the game.
Break it down for us then homie, you could probably explain better than us. Looking for to reading your thoughts when I get to work.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
im using usain bolt as a example of how things can change in sport

soon the cycle will come around where footballers are more athletic than technical

its just the way of life

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My son been playing for about a year. Give him about 15 more years and you'll see a legend. I'm bout to put this nigguh in academy's. Only thing is I been having him around John Hopkins and he gettng a lil too fond of lacrosse......

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The discussion is why Americans would be better in soccer than Brazil or France given the popularity and resources.
One theory is the slave genetic selection, but it does not stand against Brazil, specially considering the size of this population.

Americans did not practice that kind of widespread selection (which is what would be required) and since slavery ended, there has been 150+ years of random mating. I think you're right in this issue. It's just dudes being American militants in here :dead: