Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
There are more people of black origin in Brazil than in USA...
Im not ignorant to that fact bruh. I wasnt talking about population, I was talking about the number of black ELITE ATHLETES America produces in comparison to other countries. It looked like Colombia had more black players on their national team than Brazil (I realize Colombia has a black population but it still doesnt compare to Brazils).
There are black people in Europe. You were talking about a physical advantage you would have over the rest of the world. But are you forgetting that there are Black people on every continents ? What makes you think, then, that you would dominate football just because you more into it ?

What makes the United States Olympic basketball team better than all of the African teams? Id say money which is an umbrella over categories like coaching, training facilities, etc. I also dont believe all black people are built the same physically. Look at the type of Africans that dominate long distance running compared to the type of Africans that dominate short distant/sprints.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are black people in Europe. You were talking about a physical advantage you would have over the rest of the world. But are you forgetting that there are Black people on every continents ? What makes you think, then, that you would dominate football just because you more into it ?

African Americans come from "only the strong survive" genetics. Same with Blacks in South America and the Islands.

A human had to be physical and mentally intelligent to survive the Atlantic slave trade for one. You have to use your mind to survive any life or death situation.

You do know only 10% of the Africans on a slave ship survived on average, right? Then the Europeans would breed these slaves.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
They was saying the same thing in Tennis for years. Until 2 African American girls learn how to play proper tennis at an early age and ran the WTA for over a decade.

Same with Golf :sas2:
First, Althea Gibson is the first black tennis player (male/female) ever and she was born in 1927. She won 5 Grand Slams (all but the Australian Open). In the mid 90s, there was Chanda Rubin for example, who also was a top 10 players (though she was more of a doubles players).

Second, Black tennis players BEEN in the game whether they were American or not. But apart from Arthur Ashe no other male African Americans really made it. James Blake was top 5 in the world but too uni-dimensional (and he was during Fererer era so no chance). MaliVai Washington did a final at Wimby out of nowhere and never did shyt after. Donald Young got abused by a 40 yo Sampras same way MJ demolished OJ Mayo.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw bruh you are the one not understanding the premise of whats being said.

No you seem to believe that being athletic and fast and tall is enough...

But then blindly refuse to look at the evidence in front of you, how many of the most successful teams lately are fast or athletic? How many of the great players we're tall?

Armchair analysts without knowledge

barese

Pro
Daps
Im not ignorant to that fact bruh. I wasnt talking about population, I was talking about the number of black ELITE ATHLETES America produces in comparison to other countries.

How are you comparing this?
Black Brazilians do soccer, they are not doing basketball and track and US sports.
You are comparing apples and oranges...
Why would in general Americans be better athletes?

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
No you seem to believe that being athletic and fast and tall is enough...

But then blindly refuse to look at the evidence in front of you, how many of the most successful teams lately are fast or athletic? How many of the great players we're tall?

Armchair analysts without knowledge
Have you read through the thread? Im over here saying the same thing to you nikkas in 100 different ways.

Its not about breeding homie its about the natural physical advantages black folks have shown to possess in sports. Track n Field, Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc. If player A and B have the same level of skill/coaching but player B has an athletic advantage wouldnt that make him more dangerous?

barese

Pro
Daps
You do know only 10% of the Africans on a slave ship survived on average, right? Then the Europeans would breed these slaves.

You know the lifespan of Brazilian slave was 6 years?
That theory would have Brazilians as better athletes than Americans...
Why would USA be better than Brazil in soccer?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First, Althea Gibson is the first black tennis player (male/female) ever and she was born in 1927. She won 5 Grand Slams (all but the Australian Open). In the mid 90s, there was Chanda Rubin for example, who also was a top 10 players (though she was more of a doubles players).

Second, Black tennis players BEEN in the game whether they were American or not. But apart from Arthur Ashe no other male African Americans really made it. James Blake was top 5 in the world but too uni-dimensional (and he was during Fererer era so no chance). MaliVai Washington did a final at Wimby out of nowhere and never did shyt after. Donald Young got abused by a 40 yo Sampras same way MJ demolished OJ Mayo.

Preaching to choir. Assumption is for fools. I probably know about more tennis history than you.

Tell me something I don't know. :camby:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Only someone with no knowledge of soccer would say something this dumb.....

Check the greatest players in history and look at their heights....smh

are you dumb?

where did i claim the US can produce the greatest player in football history? :comeon:READ

but still go ask zlatan about ability and height going together

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
African Americans come from "only the strong survive" genetics. Same with Blacks in South America and the Islands.

A human had to be physical and mentally intelligent to survive the Atlantic slave trade for one. You have to use your mind to survive any life or death situation.

:dwillhuh:
So it's genetics then ? African Americans focusing in football would result in the US dominating the game because you are somehow genetically superior ? :ehh:

[...]What makes the United States Olympic basketball team better than all of the African teams? Id say money which is an umbrella over categories like coaching, training facilities, etc. I also dont believe all black people are built the same physically. Look at the type of Africans that dominate long distance running compared to the type of Africans that dominate short distant/sprints.
I agree with that breh but you're talking about Track & Field. You can't transpose it to another sport which require different set of skills.
Would you have the same reasoning about skiing for example ?

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
How are you comparing this?
Black Brazilians do soccer, they are not doing basketball and track and US sports.
You are comparing apples and oranges...
Why would in general Americans be better athletes?
In that same regard I can ask you how do you know that Americans arent better athletes? This is a hypothetical discussion no one will know anything with 100% certainty until the day comes. What I have to go off of is history. Basketball was dominated by whites then black folks took over, same thing with baseball, football, tennis (williams sisters), etc.