Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is a reason long distance runners are usually shorter, it comes down to efficiency of oxygen consumtion...

Soccer players in average run 7 to 11km per match, their hight in average should resemble more that of long distance runners...

Nutrition that makes you higher in average is not so good for soccer...

You're wasting your breath bro, it's pointless using logical arguments against ignorance

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
There is a reason long distance runners are usually shorter, it comes down to efficiency of oxygen consumtion...

Soccer players in average run 7 to 11km per match, their hight in average should resemble more that of long distance runners...

Nutrition that makes you higher in average is not so good for soccer...

And yet, there are some great soccer players over 6'0"

You're acting like I said Anthony Davis would be out there on the pitch :dead:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well for one size means jack shyt in soccer other than goalie cause they need to be rangy but other than that it means nothing.
and pure speed isn't that important cause it's a completely different running technique than running while dribbling a ball. so yeah adrian peterson is fast but he'd never be able to control the ball going that fast.to run fast and control the ball is extremely skillful (think a PG who's super fast but loses the ball a lot) so it can negate pure speed. soccer players would be drooling over a big sloth footed LeBron trying to dribble down the field.
it's a more technical game than other sports. athleticism takes a big backseat to skill. similar to baseball.
so it's always hilarious when people say "well if our best athletes played soccer we'd win":skip: i laugh at how ignorant they are to the sport

2 of England's best players from the last 20 years could arguably be the least "athletic", Gazza and Rooney could both be considered overweight, when compared to other sports stars.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are Americans playing for club academies across Europe. Liverpool, Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund; it's only a matter of time before one of those kids break through and plays regularly for one of these top clubs.

I'm pretty sure within the next year a few will break few,

barese

Pro
Daps
And yet, there are some great soccer players over 6'0"

Yes, but in average

In Association football, or soccer, a player's height may somewhat determine the position that they play; however, people of all heights have an equal opportunity to excel professionally at the sport. Goalkeepers, centre backs and "target" heading forwards tend to be taller, while players in wide, central and attacking positions tend to be shorter. A study of the greatest male players in history showed that the distribution of heights approximated the "average man" and, when also looking at the typical weight distribution, an estimated 95% of the world's population would fall into the body type distribution of great footballers.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
honestly I wish black people played soccer like we do football, basketball etc.

can you imagine a US team in the world cup full of swagged out nikkaz? imagine a nikka like JR smith celebrating after he scored a goal :laff:

rest of the world would be like :dwillhuh:

Black people play just not black americans
pele.jpg

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dawg, what are you doing? :what:
I got him back on track but them lacrosse student practice on that field too....u know how boys love long linear object at that age...... I got him into baseball though too....but he like soccer the most....nigguh just love kicking that ball and his stamina is out of this world. Then again i ran cross country and so did his moms....

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I got him back on track but them lacrosse student practice on that field too....u know how boys love long linear object at that age...... I got him into baseball though too....but he like soccer the most....nigguh just love kicking that ball and his stamina is out of this world. Then again i ran cross country and so did his moms....
I swear soccer sets you up for living the best athletic life as you age too.

Its pure running.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear soccer sets you up for living the best athletic life as you age too.

Its pure running.
It seems like it. My girl runs around this big lake and she called me one day all cray exotic cuz lil man ran the whole lake with her with miminal breaks she actually said she forced him to take so water breaks.....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think all American needs for soccer dominance is coaching, development and interest. Too bad interest is going to wane after the World Cup and nobody is putting their kid into a sport they have little interest in.

And that's difficult as fukk to obtain when you are years behind compared to other countries and you have 2 other sports being way more popular and developed.

I know you guys are talking in best case scenarios but realistically, the U.S is gonna have a hard ass time to really be a big player in football.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Again, keep this mind:

Out of 200 something countries that tried to qualify for the WC, the United States is one of 16 teams left :blessed:

Despite having a weak league, no superstar, no culture, and being given no chance after being placed into the group of death.

Spain is home
England is home
Italy is home
Portugal is home

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Kaká signs deal with Orlando City, set to arrive in Orlando on Monday
Paul TenorioOrlando Sentinel
2:18 p.m. EDT, June 29, 2014

• Email

Pinterest

Kaka coming to play for Orlando City

Orlando Sentinel's Paul Tenorio talks to FOX35 about Brazilian star Kaka coming to play for the Orlando City Lions. (Video by FOX35)

orlandosentinel_75x25_120612.png

12803859.jpg

Orlando Sentinel's Paul Tenorio talks to FOX35 about Brazilian star Kaka coming to play for the Orlando City Lions. (Video by FOX35)

Kaká has signed a contract to be Orlando City's first designated player and is set to fly to Orlando on Monday.

The Brazilian star finalized the contract in the last few days, opting out of his deal with AC Milan and agreeing to a six-month loan with his home club, São Paulo. He will join Orlando City for preseason training in January.

Kaká is getting on a plane in Brazil on Monday morning and is expected to arrive at Orlando International Airport at 6:15 p.m., according to a source with direct knowledge of the agreement.

Orlando City will announce the arrival of the 2007 Ballon d'Or winner on Monday, encouraging fans to greet Kaká at the airport.

The Lions will formally announced the signing of Kaká at a press conference on Tuesday at 10 a.m. The Brazilian will also be introduced to fans at the club's official watch party of the U.S. national team's Round of 16 game against Belgium on Tuesday afternoon. Kickoff for the U.S. game is at 4 p.m.

Kaká, a 32-year-old attacking midfielder who was once considered the best player in the world, immediately becomes one of the top players in Major League Soccer, and the centerpiece of the Lions' team.

Kaká won a World Cup with Brazil in 2002, and has won numerous club trophies during a career that has taken him from AC Milan to Real Madrid in Spain's La Liga and back to Milan this season.

The Brazilian, also known as Ricardo Kaká, joined AC Milan from São Paulo in 2003 for a fee of 8.5 million Euro, then departed for Real Madrid in 2009 for a transfer fee of 65 million Euro – what was then the second-highest fee of all time.

Kaká struggled during his time in Spain, making fewer than 100 league appearances in four years, and returned to AC Milan this season. Kaká had seven goals with four assists in 30 Serie A appearances this season.

AC Milan wanted Kaká to return for the final year of his contract, but Kaká was able to opt out with the Italian giant because the club did not qualify for European play. Milan finished eighth in Serie A.

The club said earlier this month it was in "advanced discussions" with the midfielder, and Orlando City president Phil Rawlins spoke to the Sentinel about the deal.

"When we first launched, we said we wanted to bring Major League Soccer to Central Florida, and as we got closer to meeting that, the next big statement we made was that in doing that we wanted to make sure we brought a Brazilian superstar," Rawlins said on June 20. "Everyone knows our first choice would be Kaká. … We're reaching a critical time in the next few days. We are in detailed discussions with him. We hope that those would conclude successfully in the next few days, and if they do, then he'll be our first designated player. … We're just very, very excited about that prospect."

Email at ptenorio@tribune.com. For more soccer news, visit OrlandoSentinel.com/OnThePitch or follow on Twitter @oslions.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Its not about superiority but I do believe that African Americans generally do have certain physical genetic advantages that other races dont have at least at least when it comes to speed.

Furthermore, I dont want to get caught up in copy and pasting players from different sports. Im just trying to give some perspective. As for skiing I dont know man because ive never seen a black person ski but when I watch these African soccer players juke and run past soccer defenders I find myself wondering how good they could be with proper coaching and technique which comes full circle to the whole debate about how good African AMericans could potentially be.
I tend to agree with you about the physical advantage speed-wise, I don't really think it's been proven (though some scientist talk about a center of gravity issue) but if we simply look at Track & Field, one could empirically conclude that.

But I think you may be biased about football because there are loads of non-Black players able to juke other players, being technical or being fast with the ball. I know it's the american way to "racialize" stuff but it's a little more than that IMO. I think it's more about living in a footy culture than being somehow predisposed to dominate. You Americans highly value athleticism (because of B-ball or US football ?) and I kinda chuckle every time y'all bring stats like "vertical leap", "wing span", "40 yard dash" (because we don't really care about over here) etc. because it seems that you "engineer" those athletes or that they are somehow scientifically produced but you can't measure one's ability to handle the ball with one's feet or make a proper pass.

African Americans could do great in football but you'll need the infrastructure and the culture before all. It will only take y'all to be more focused in the game and your league being more competitive. I like the way the MLS is improving because stadiums are nearly full, I witnessed some great ambiance, stars (tho on the verge of retirement) come bless the league and I think that the football culture is slowly building in the US. All that can only lead towards a larger audience and therefore a larger batch of players and therefore a larger potential of world-class players. But not before 10 years IMO. The next big thing is most likely a 8/10 year old who's following the WC atm, falling in love with the game and whose parents are eager to lead him towards that sport instead of basketball or US football.

Fam, I'm not saying this brolic ass kid could play football, the drive dedication and work he put in to get that big as well as having access to a weight room cannot be overlooked.

Let me ask you, have you ever seen a 15 year old like that anywhere else? That is the difference, we can scale it back and there are Juniors in HS right now that are 6'2" 200lbs with 40" verticals, no where else in the world are you going to find people that young, that heavy and that athletic at the same time.
You right. I never saw that type of breh at that age. I'm not denying that.
What I don't understand is why you are valuing athleticism that much as it is somehow important in football ?

You said that the time he spends in the gym can't be overlooked but that exact time is not spent building his skills which are way more important in this game. That's why I was telling you that even if you are able to "breed" those types of brehs to play soccer and that they are deep down in the culture, they would have to lose some of their athleticism to polish their skills because it's a zero sum game. What he has in athleticism, he doesn't in skills, you can add em up like that (except if you're top of the top).

Just look at the best players in the game, none of them are elite athletes (I mean, stats wise : leap, explosiveness, speed) because if they were, they wouldn't be that good. Even a breh like Cristiano Ronaldo who is the perfect example of efficiency (speed/power/skills) in the game is ridiculous compared to a breh the likes of Kendell Jones. Not because he can't be more athletic, but because he'd lose (some of) his skills by aiming at a more athletic body. As a matter of fact, look at young Cristiano who wasn't the cyborg he is now, he was frail but far more skilled and unpredictable that what he is right now. He gained some weight, developed his body to be more powerful, more resistant (he was fouled a lot) and more efficient and now he lost some of the magic he had in the late 2000s.

Basketball and football requires elite athleticism and the best athletes CAN be the best at it. But it's not true in footy