Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think all American needs for soccer dominance is coaching, development and interest. Too bad interest is going to wane after the World Cup and nobody is putting their kid into a sport they have little interest in.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even remember :dead:

Literally only thing I remember was that you were an idiot :umad:

My ether gave you Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Tell me why you have -310?

LL

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im still not following you. What difference does it make if you can disable someone athletic advantage for a period of time yet both teams are as equally skilled? This isnt about just being faster, its about having the same skill and being faster. Anyways I need to get ready to work, someone else can continue this debate.

I understand your argument and the point I'm trying to make with all due respect is that it's retarded...

It places undue importance of athleticism , which shows a lack of understanding of the game

To play proffessional soccer you will be at the peak of physical fitness, the absolute peak, so let's follow your hypothetical argument and you have some African American players that due to genetics are physically fitter and have the same skill, what makes you think that's enough?

Case in point....Ghana v USA... The Ghanian players were more skilled , physically more athletic but they lost...

Why? Because soccer is a very tactical game and Klinsman got his tactics right while the Ghana coach didn't....

For the US to really become a powerhouse they would have to change how they train and develop youngsters, they would have to revamp the league..... And in the very short term if any young player has an ounce of talent they need to ship him to Europe as soon as possible

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think all American needs for soccer dominance is coaching, development and interest. Too bad interest is going to wane after the World Cup and nobody is putting their kid into a sport they have little interest in.
nah man.

I think over time the internet is changing this.

We're a more connected world now and over time more and more people get interest in something that was usually regional.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dawg, what are you doing? :what:

What is lacrosse?

Is that a sport only rich people play in the US?

A bit like Polo over here?

Like most people haven't even met someone who has played polo over here, you have to have a horse for a start....

barese

Pro
Daps
Nobody said it was, but there's an obvious difference between the populations, and nutrition is probably the most obvious cause of it.

There is a reason long distance runners are usually shorter, it comes down to efficiency of oxygen consumtion...

Soccer players in average run 7 to 11km per match, their hight in average should resemble more that of long distance runners...

Nutrition that makes you higher in average is not so good for soccer...

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Break it down for us then homie, you could probably explain better than us. Looking for to reading your thoughts when I get to work.

well for one size means jack shyt in soccer other than goalie cause they need to be rangy but other than that it means nothing.
and pure speed isn't that important cause it's a completely different running technique than running while dribbling a ball. so yeah adrian peterson is fast but he'd never be able to control the ball going that fast.to run fast and control the ball is extremely skillful (think a PG who's super fast but loses the ball a lot) so it can negate pure speed. soccer players would be drooling over a big sloth footed LeBron trying to dribble down the field.
it's a more technical game than other sports. athleticism takes a big backseat to skill. similar to baseball.
so it's always hilarious when people say "well if our best athletes played soccer we'd win":skip: i laugh at how ignorant they are to the sport

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
What are the possibilities? The best American squad player doesn't even player on a good European team. I think the highest Donovan went was Everton and they only kept him on loan. In essence he had to pack up and depart his country for near anonymity in Europe, live there, and then end up back in the USA.

There are Americans playing for club academies across Europe. Liverpool, Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund; it's only a matter of time before one of those kids break through and plays regularly for one of these top clubs.