Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

Soccer players gotta be the least intelligent athletes in the world.

These dummies only associate skills with physical. :mjlol:

Skill = Mental Intelligent + Physical Athleticism.

The elite players in Football and Basketball have both Mental Intelligent + Physical Athleticism advantage over their peers.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:dead:

Soccer players gotta be the least intelligent athletes in the world.

Book wise perhaps, but very intelligent in playing football and football instincts, for instance Dennis Bergkamp:

Ronald de Boer's pass is flat and hard and waist high too high to control with my foot and too low for my chest so I have to fall to my left and squash my body so that I can cushion it with my head but where do I cushion it out of the corner of my eye I see Kluivert making a run off Chamot if I head it towards him between Sensini and Chamot the control will be too difficult at high speed besides there isn't much space there the space is between Sensini who has come towards me and Ayala who has gone out to meet de Boer so I need to play almost a square pass with my head the other side of Sensini into the angle of Kluivert's run I can't cushion it as gently with my head as with my foot but that's fine because the space is fairly big and if I head it too softly Roa will stay on his line and stay big so it's okay to put a fraction more on it to entice Roa from his line because if he comes out Kluivert has a much easier finish.

He's describing what happens at 5 minutes 4 seconds :usure:

And he's processing that in seconds :usure:

Bergkamp created a new pass right there, and changed the young minds of the world :usure:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
lebron james is cramping in games, yet nuggaz think nba players with those type of bodies would have the stamina for a 90 minute soccer game

LeBron wouldn't be good at soccer, he's too heavy and his footwork isn't great.

However, look at the Point guards and shooting guards in the league and tell me they don't fit the same body type.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby:

NBA & NFL players are criticized for leaving COLLEGE early, while Soccer players are lucky to even make it to High school. fukk outta here, not only do you dudes want to argue they are the most athletic in the world, now they're also the smartest?

Oh that's funny because there have never been scandals about soccer players not being able to read unlike the American counterparts...

And also dumbass learn to read , I never said they were the smartest I argued against them being the so called dumbest.... Learn to read before you post

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NBA & NFL players are criticized for leaving COLLEGE early, while Soccer players are lucky to even make it to High school. fukk outta here, not only do you dudes want to argue they are the most athletic in the world, now they're also the smartest?

NHL and MLB players are dumb as rocks as well....

DaMarcus Beasley talked about how most Soccer players don't graduate high school. He wouldn't have if it wasn't for his Mother making him get his GED.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

NHL and MLB players are dumb as rocks as well....
They're from 3rd world countries :dahell:

That whole NFL/NBA players being college educated is a farce. A very small percentage are.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Book wise perhaps, but very intelligent in playing football and football instincts, for instance Dennis Bergkamp:

He's describing what happens at 5 minutes 4 seconds :usure:

That comes from playing the sport, dudes in other major sports can do the same thing with their own sport.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
The question was why would Americans be better soccer players?
You think they are quicker than Brazilians or French? Why?
I dont doubt that there are black brazilians and french players who may be as equally athletic but there wouldnt be as many of them compared to the number of physically gifted athletes that America produces. Americas problem is lack of interest financially and culturally. The talent will come afterwards.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So because it hasn't happened means it couldn't happen?

Peter Crouch out there looking like a praying mantis @ 6'8".

And he was crap, plus an abberation...

Once again look at the so called greatest players in history, look at the greatest players now and tell me how many of them are even 6 ft....

Dummy

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That comes from playing the sport, dudes in other major sports can do the same thing with their own sport.

I'd love to hear AI muse abstrusely about space and time on the basketball court.

Hearing Xavi or Bergkamp talk about football you'd think they were philosophers.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Oh that's funny because there have never been scandals about soccer players not being able to read unlike the American counterparts...

And also dumbass learn to read , I never said they were the smartest I argued against them being the so called dumbest.... Learn to read before you post

Sure, there are guys who can't read, but there are guys with degrees. How many Soccer players have even graduated HS?

They are the least intelligent, I don't give a fukk the varying degrees YOU were arguing, I clearly stated they were the least.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Access to weight rooms at an early age, case in point -

F1047759.jpg

You see that big muthafukka on the right, he's 15 in that pic.

2912893.jpg
And he wouldn't be able to play football at high level because he's too buff. This dude is predestined to be US football players and that's why they are built that way because that's how US football players are.

Passing, shooting and vision don't require bodybuilder morphologies. You seem to know the game so I won't question you but you are missing the point. Producing great athletes doesn't mean that you will produce great football players not because you can't be a great player being a great athlete but because you need to be a good player first. This breh is an elite athlete because being a defensive linesman requires it ! This body type is the most efficient as his position and if he was skinny, nobody would ever think of playing him as this position. Same with running backs. But a QB doesn't need to be brolic like him.

But look at the MLS players. There are no american players built like this because you don't need it to play the game at high level. Hell, I will even say that being like the breh is a setback to be a great player. Explosiveness is good but you forget the importance of the ball and its handling and above all, endurance. This breh, wouldn't last in a B-Ball match. 20 minutes and he's coughing his lungs. This breh, would be useless in a baseball match
This breh would be VERY interesting in rugby to play as a winger because his body type fits the position but this breh will never be top of his town in tennis and so on.

I respect your opinion as you are a very knowledgeable breh sports-wise but you value athletic performances way too much. In football there are not necessary. You ever play footy with brehs like this ? Good in contact (obviously), 1 and 1, fast on the ball, dominant.
But them brehs always play as defenders because they clumsy, can't make a proper pass, tire quickly and lack vision. Obviously there are exceptions but it's that way usually.