Watching Home Alone and pizza was 11 dollars back then

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Dominos with the clutch 5-5-5 deal during college. You get a medium pizza, you get a medium pizza, you get a medium pizza!!!
anigif_sub-buzz-23122-1498506072-9.gif

nikkas was broke as hell on that college campus, lol

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
idk where some of yall lived or got yo pizza from but it was like $4.80 for a large pie from my favorite mom and pop spot when that movie dropped. Like 5 and a nickle for one topping. I still remember being heated when that shyt hit 5 and a quarter.

U could still get like 2 packs of newports and a box of philly blunts for less if u knew where to shop. Or maybe im thinking of a different 90's movie on that one.

:ufdup: But the pizza was definitely 4.80 though. I know that for a fact cause i spent my last 5 dollars on that shyt. No regrets, that pizza was:ohlawd:
Damn how old were you when the movie dropped?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Markup on pizza is CRAZYYY :wow:

Dough, tomato sauce, and cheese is just cheap AF in bulk. Little slices of whatever toppings dont hurt the pockets either, They could sell for $5 and still make a profit..
Is that true though? Because what I’ve heard from people who worked at Domino’s that the profit margins aren’t there on pizzas, which is why they‘re on people buying the sides, drinks and dipping cups.

It’s also one of the reasons why I they changed the carry out deal to one topping only.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Is that true though? Because what I’ve heard from people who worked at Domino’s that the profit margins aren’t there on pizzas, which is why they‘re on people buying the sides, drinks and dipping cups.

It’s also one of the reasons why I they changed the carry out deal to one topping only.
I dont kow about chains but remember meeting a owner who was upgrading his home and he was the one who broke it down for me like that. Said have you ever seen a decent run pizza shop go out of business? Said even in recession margins were soo good they could all lower prices or offer deals and still eat good.. Said even terrible run shops and avg pizza STILL make money and for most part he is right. Crappy late night spots still be booming.

Its one of those universal types of food that a high percentage of population eats. I just remember it because he was living really good and that was his source of income :manny:

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg

My first job was this pizza joint at Six Flags America. Big cans of tomato sauce. Big ass bag of shredded cheese. Frozen pizza crusts and only tipping was pepperoni. Margins were pretty high especially considering the theme park mark up