Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
watched it today, it was a good 7/10 movie :ehh:.....that beginning voice over by jaden was cringeworthy tho :sadcam: damn near turned it off there :pachaha:....oh and why yall niccas aint tell me lenny kravitz daughter was in that shyt looking good as fuk :takedat: she popped up on the screen and i was literally like :krs::gladbron:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
watched it today, it was a good 7/10 movie :ehh:.....that beginning voice over by jaden was cringeworthy tho :sadcam: damn near turned it off there :pachaha:....oh and why yall niccas aint tell me lenny kravitz daughter was in that shyt looking good as fuk :takedat: she popped up on the screen and i was literally like :krs::gladbron:

So that's who that was. :ohhh:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You c00ns on the Coli truly dissapoint me:stopitslime:

Will Smith actually wrote this films story and produced it, and I have to take my hat off to him for putting his money, time, resources, and effort
Yeah when I saw that in the credits, I was impressed.
Movie aint great, but it's good for what it was just like Ye's

Willie came up with some dope future tech shyt :patrice:
edit:
:russ: @ scientology propaganda posts
idk if it does, but who cares you only gon watch the movie once :snoop:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
All my book heads. Here's some books based off the movie. Probably will be better then movie because they have more time to flush out all the details.

After Earth: United Ranger Corps Survival Manual After Earth

A Perfect Beast-After Earth (After Earth: Ghost Stories) The official prequel novel of the epic film After Earth

After Earth: Kitai's Journal

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
6/10. :obama: Really wasn't as bad as everyone said but there were a lot of things that ignored logic which I stated in the "Ruin with logic" thread.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I just saw the movie on Blu Ray today. I like it more now then when I first saw it in theater. Especially when you look at all the behind the scenes stuff on the disk and look at how much they put into the story and the movie. Movie definitely has flaws but you have to respect the hustle they did to get the movie made and to tell the story they wanted to tell. Since the movie flopped it won't get a sequel or prequel but it looks like those books they got out fill in a lot of the gaps that got cut out the movie. I may have to check them.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Just watched the movie last night. I don't see all the hate it got as being warranted. Were there some issues? Yeah. Those accents bothered me. Jaden as a character was annoying. Truthfully, that is to be expected though. Have you ever been around a 16 year old? Many are annoying. Plus, he was dealing with obvious unresolved trauma. I found the father/son dynamic to be really good though and I appreciated the lessons on life. All that scientologist rhetoric must've went over my head. I just watched a decent flick. (Not great, Not terrible).
Plus, I will always favor and support movies with strong AA leads. :yeshrug:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Just watched the movie last night. I don't see all the hate it got as being warranted. Were there some issues? Yeah. Those accents bothered me. Jaden as a character was annoying. Truthfully, that is to be expected though. Have you ever been around a 16 year old? Many are annoying. Plus, he was dealing with obvious unresolved trauma. I found the father/son dynamic to be really good though and I appreciated the lessons on life. All that scientologist rhetoric must've went over my head. I just watched a decent flick. (Not great, Not terrible).
Plus, I will always favor and support movies with strong AA leads. :yeshrug:

:salute:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this over the weekend. Amazing visuals and tge message was powerful, one of the best movies of the year. Jaden acted good, cacs just dont want to admit it.

Cac critics buried this movie, not saying it should win but it should at least get nominayed for an oscar, but these cacs are determined to see this movie fail.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Saw this over the weekend. Amazing visuals and tge message was powerful, one of the best movies of the year. Jaden acted good, cacs just dont want to admit it.

Cac critics buried this movie, not saying it should win but it should at least get nominayed for an oscar, but these cacs are determined to see this movie fail.

They can hate all they want, movie cost 130 mill to make and box office made 243 mill..Black excellence :jawalrus:

Can't say the same for Enders Game and that lil nicca in that was more annoying then Jaden and that movie lost money

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Word they acting like all Will Smith tries to do is push his kids in his movies. Jaden was in 2 movies with his father. What about all the other relatives in Hollywood that put their family on? You don't hear ish about that. Once it's a black man being strong and family oriented its a problem.