Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
John carter was dope!
nikkaz, who don't know any SciFi, like you apparently.
should not be rating movies you know nuffin about in the genre.

do you like star wars?
do you know what an elctric sheep is, and do they dream?
if you don't know the answer to that.
you really not qualified to speak on SciFi.
plus, if you don't like star wars,..
I know you morally inept and not to be trusted, too.

art barr

You goin over a lot of peoples heads with that one. One of the defining movies of my youth and low key maybe the lead actors best movie.

Anyway I agree with Ziggiy, I thought the movie was solid and did not deserve the level of hate it got. I think that sometimes we need to be more supportive of such ambitious projects. Will Smith has a gift and a reach far beyond most. I mean this dude is a vehicle unto himself. My only issue with After Earth was that I thought it should have been elongated and split into two movies. There was so many little things and subtext going on that I think got glossed over due to editing.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
You goin over a lot of peoples heads with that one. One of the defining movies of my youth and low key maybe the lead actors best movie.

Anyway I agree with Ziggiy, I thought the movie was solid and did not deserve the level of hate it got. I think that sometimes we need to be more supportive of such ambitious projects. Will Smith has a gift and a reach far beyond most. I mean this dude is a vehicle unto himself. My only issue with After Earth was that I thought it should have been elongated and split into two movies. There was so many little things and subtext going on that I think got glossed over due to editing.

Well they did have plans for a sequels but since the movie didn't do good financially its going to be hard for it to get another movie made. If you watched the behind the scenes of the DVD you would be surprised how much work was put in. From the story and to the technology they put into this movie it was very informative too bad some of it wasn't shown in the final product forever reason that was.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I didn't like about the movie was Will's acting and the accents. Family was just awkward. Jaden was better on his own as was the movie. Will just wasn't right for that part. I know the movie probably doesn't happen with them.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Well they did have plans for a sequels but since the movie didn't do good financially its going to be hard for it to get another movie made. If you watched the behind the scenes of the DVD you would be surprised how much work was put in. From the story and to the technology they put into this movie it was very informative too bad some of it wasn't shown in the final product forever reason that was.

Yea I could tell, it was almost like a dope album made up of snippets.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think people are getting tired of will smith shoving his unproven son down everyone's throats. I never saw Micael douglas's father Kirk shoving his son down moviegoers throats in his career.

My problem with jayden is the kid is still unproven on his own, he didn't have to scrape and come up and make a name for himself being an actor. His father gave it to him. There are many other great actors,Black Actors who deserve to be in the spotlight without their rich daddies giving it to them.

:mjpls: He's only been in 4 Movies bruh

Pursuit of Happyness - was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. Will got nominated for an Oscar

The Day the Earth Stood Still - he wasn't the lead character. The movie bombed but it wasn't because of him and there were a lot of other stars in it.

The Karate Kid - Got good reviews and made a lot of money. his first lead role.

And then there is After Earth. 4 movies all with at least 2 year gaps in between so how exactly is Will pushing his son on us :rudy:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2v8llvq.jpg

I've been saying this shyt for the longest. I get into arguments with this white cat at my job every time we talk NBA. He just hates Lebron and when I ask him why he cant even give a valid reason. He just hates him b/c the media told him to. As soon as black people start banking on themselves and not wanting to conform to the way the powers that be all of this bad press starts popping up. They doing the shyt with Jay-Z now ever since he announced his sports agency about a year and a half ago and started taking top priority clients away from Scott Boris and the other popular sports agents. Him and Beyonce aint been doing shyt but getting bad press it seems like every other week. I see the pattern and I'm not trying to act like a conspiracy nut but its so damn evident you have to be a blind or naive not to see it.

Jay Z gets bad press from me because he can't rap no more. His bars is hot garbage now. This nikka fukked up Beyoncé's "Drunk In Love" with his wack ass lyrics :scusthov:

Last edited:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, but not good by any means. I found it flat out boring.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:mjpls: He's only been in 4 Movies bruh

Pursuit of Happyness - was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. Will got nominated for an Oscar

The Day the Earth Stood Still - he wasn't he lead character. The movie bombed but it wasn't because of him and there were a lot of other stars in it.

The Karate Kid - Got good reviews and made a lot of money. his first lead role.

And then there is After Earth. 4 movies all with at least 2 year gaps in between so how exactly is Will pushing his son on us :rudy:

Because every fukking project Will is there... or every Will Smith project Jayden is there.... Like i said jayden needs to stand on his own two. it's not a bad thing to make your own success.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only nerd in here is you.
talking about no sound effects in a Sci fi movie during a space battle.

nikka, shut Cho stoopid ass up.

shut the fukk up, I was pointing out that Science Fiction is based on actual science and fantasy ie Star Wars Is not

you herald poorly made children's film as art, thats nerd shyt

you like that John Carter movie, only a nerd could stomach that trash

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
then why all the bullshyt reasons

but is cool for all the other bad actors who get blockbusters, but for Jaden is all this extra code words and shyt

Sorry we see through that bullshyt

What reasons? WTF. My points was that Jayden never had to work hard getting into movies. Everything was handed to him. that's what im saying also, his performances from what i seen is lackluster at best. Like i said there are better children actors. the thing about acting is to make the audience believe it, make the character come to life. You ever hear the expression "you faded into the character?" it's a point where you no longer see the person but the character they are. When i see Jayden act, I just see him and his stupid ass facial expressions. The kid is a decent actor but he needs more work in my book. that's all.