Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
@Ziggiy the movie finally appeared on Starz and I was able to watch it (late but I kept my word...)

And you are right, this movie did NOT deserve the criticism that it received, it was really good and I enjoyed it. Thank you :myman: :salute:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Joffery is a grown man he like 24 years old he was like and was 20-21 starting game of thrones

I think Jaden's performance in Pursuit of Happiness beats out his cameo in batman begins when he was 13 years old

Plus Game of Thrones is a serious show

Sci Fi movies are badly written almost on purpose, because thats how people perceive the genre, terrible dialogue, over dramatic speech

The Star Wars Prequels have good actors throughout it, but its terrible because its written in that fashion I know that isn't sci fi
but look at Matrix, Keanu Reeves terrible acting performance, but the characters are written that way, Fishburne just had the swag to make Morpheus a memorable character
which is why I say all sci fi movies suck, because they make them that way, but somehow After Earth gets shyttied on more

Nah he's 21 now. He was like 16-17 when they started filmiing "GoT".

Fred.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@Ziggiy the movie finally appeared on Starz and I was able to watch it (late but I kept my word...)

And you are right, this movie did NOT deserve the criticism that it received, it was really good and I enjoyed it. Thank you :myman: :salute:

on the real....
the people in the press, who shot this film down did so because of genre and the principles.
as most reviewers, in the press/media.
really do not know the sci fi genre.
let alone creature feature, or other genre's of film.
to accurately rate them, as submissions.
on top, of the fact....
they are definitely racist towards will.
now, granted....I usually don't like will's movies.
nor, do I like his rap content and direction.
yet, I do acknowledge when he does a good job.
I normally never like a m.night film past unbreakable, at all.
yet, given what this movie was,...
which was a sci-fi creature feature, with a coming of age plot interwoven.
it was a good film for that type of genre based film.
plus for m. night,..a much better submission of cinema.
than, you typically get from him as a film maker.
I think m.night, did a better job than his string of completely deplorable films, I loathe.

anwyway,...any fool who went into a creature feature.
expecting a four star indie/import style type of film is a buffoon as a reviewer.
on top of not knowing the history, or general idea/draw behind sci fi creature feature films.
so-called paid reviewers/journalist, do this all the time.
go into a genre of film they don't know shyt about.
then, talk a bunch of bullshyt horseshyt...
to cover up the fact, they don't know all types of film genre's.
let alone, are not really good at reviewing movies, at all.

for what will supplied and the fact..
it had a great came from a sci-fi source material feel on screen.
where I literally had to check to see.
who or what book this was adapted from.
to find out will wrote it himself, with some aid.
was a feat, and rarely translates to a film in scifi.
that was also, what made the film enjoyable for a creature feature, with a sci fi coming of age backdrop.

this movie was made in a creature feature genre...
that typically will not rate higher on average than one and a quarter stars.
I gave this two and a quarter stars, and for this genre of film.
that is well and above the mark of most films in that genre.
plus, a mark that reflects it being an of quality film for the genre.

a stooped reviewer, will try to give this movie a negative review, of one star or lower.
completely missing the fact, and history of the genre as being b level to begin with.
for a b level based film in principle....
this is a good b movie sci fi coming of age, creature feature film.

art barr

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
the movie sucked and was generic as hell stop trying to turn this shyt into a race thing if we can't take criticism how can we improve? i don't see anything wrong with will putting his kid in movies but they need to come with something better than this.

oh yeah i agree with Art Barr john carter was a good movie interesting concept and everything i'm still surprised that they didn't push it more.
John Carter was dope as fukk. I feel the generic ass sounding name doomed them. Disney ain't make a live action film that dope since the first Pirates, IMO

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he's 21 now. He was like 16-17 when they started filmiing "GoT".

Fred.

he's turning 22 this year, Jaden Smith is turning 16 in july, the point is, Jaden's already accomplished more at a younger age
and is unfairly critized Jaden's just no becoming man, he was filming those movies at a very young age.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
lmao at yall corny nikkas. Half of Hollywood got on through nepotism but, because their family member isn't Will Smith, its not directly in your face. Go search some of your favorite stars.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he's turning 22 this year, Jaden Smith is turning 16 in july, the point is, Jaden's already accomplished more at a younger age
and is unfairly critized

His dad is Will Smith, of course he accomplished more. :manny:

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith was in Karate Kid?

I ain't never seen this type of hate ever

Nobody said this shyt about Charlie Sheen and Emilio
Drew Barrymore and Michael Douglas

none of their kids at the age of 15-16 or whatever stared in the movie with a budget over 130 mil

i think it was somewhat racial and people hate the fact that will has the power to accomplish this

Daps
Reppin
NULL
none of their kids at the age of 15-16 or whatever stared in the movie with a budget over 130 mil

i think it was somewhat racial and people hate the fact that will has the power to accomplish this

That kid in Ender Game's is a nobody and starred in big budget movie, so what? No outrage, what dues did he pay
what does the budget have to do with anything? these type of movies always have big budgets

Jaden proved himself in Karate Kid he was the star of that movie and kids know him as the karate kid now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jaden starred in a movie without his father and did numbers

just say you hate to see nikkaz winning and keep it moving

His mother and father produced it....again, the fukk is your point? Head out to Hollywood with no hook-ups whatsoever and let me know how far you get.

This is why it's impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion on here. You cats aren't smart enough to entertain multiple thoughts. If I point out the obvious nepotism it's "oh you hate n*ggaz winnin". :camby:

fukk outta my face with that. Jaden isn't a terrible actor. He isn't a great actor either. Truth be told, he most likely wouldn't have a career without his father's co-sign. And that's fine, because that's how Hollywood works. But to sit there and act like he wrote his own ticket, with no help whatsoever from Will Smith, is fukking retarded.

Try to stay with me here....but this is all totally unrelated to whether or not "After Earth" is good movie, or he deserves the hate he gets. I probably just blew your mind because, again, you cats can only focus on one fukking thing at a time on this message board. Be it console wars or music.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His mother and father produced it....again, the fukk is your point? Head out to Hollywood with no hook-ups whatsoever and let me know how far you get.

This is why it's impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion on here. You cats aren't smart enough to entertain multiple thoughts. If I point out the obvious nepotism it's obvious "oh you hate nikkaz winnin". :camby:

fukk outta my face with that. Jaden isn't a terrible actor. He isn't a great actor either. Truth be told, he most likely wouldn't have a career without his father's co-sign. And that's fine, because that's how Hollywood works. But to sit there and act like he wrote his own ticket, with no help whatsoever from Will Smith, is fukking retarded.

Try to stay with me here....but this is all totally unrelated to whether or not "After Earth" is good movie, or he deserves the hate he gets. I probably just blew your mind because, again, you cats can only focus on one fukking thing at a time on this message board. Be it console wars or music.

Fred.

You don't know what you are talking about? It doesn't matter how you get in the game, its what you do when you get there.
Do you know how many people try to put their kids on and they still fail.

So how did the white boy in Ender's Game get on, that's 100 mil budget what dues did he have to pay. That shyt flopped hard and the kid is wooden actor.

Jaden killed it in Pursuit of Happiness, and proved he could be a star in karate kid, doesn't matter who PRODUCED IT MADE MONEY
Jaden's proven to be a bankable star if I get LOI with Jaden's name it I can go get 150 mil right now to produce my own movie, you don't even understand what a Producer does shyt for brains.

Bottom line is people hate because they have no reasoning.

After Earth isn't great, but neither is 90 percent of the movies that come out. The last good sci-fi film was the fukking Matrix in 1999
the point of this thread is unwanted hate Jaden gets out of ENVY and JEALOUSY. I'd see if he was hot trash, but he's not, he's gonna be a huge fukking star and there's nothing you can do about it.

I-Robot is clearly Will Smith's worst movie, that shyt is fukking terrible in every since of the word, Wild Wild West is better than that shyt, the last MIB was fukking terrible, but not as bad as that, and none of the hate. None of hate, until they found out Will wrote the story and produced it, which is exactly what George Lucas did with star wars, but it wasn't a problem when he did that. If Lucas was weird looking fukker, he would've played Luke Skywalker himself, Luke S, Lucas, that's how he got the name. Your a sad little man

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
[quote="Master Teacher, post: 7458629, member: 2231"

I-Robot is clearly Will Smith's worst movie, that shyt is fukking terrible in every since of the word, Wild Wild West is better than that shyt, [/quote]

tumblr_megkly9OWI1qh01r8o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mw4wo1qiXM1rr9xk6.gif

coleman_wtf_gif.gif