Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
§ansprix™;932461 said:
:ohhh: My fam lived on 154th and Melrose. I pretty much grew up out there. I used to be chillin with my cousins on Courtlandt too.

I heard they closed down Dino's too:noah: My fav pizzaria.

:laugh:Of course @ the bolded.

Courtlandt? I had 2 friends that lived in Jackson, one was killed out there, and the other I still talk to sometimes.

I haven't been back in years, but I hear it's still just as shytty as ever, maybe not as violent but still could get your wig split.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
Courtlandt? I had 2 friends that lived in Jackson, one was killed out there, and the other I still talk to sometimes.

I haven't been back in years, but I hear it's still just as shytty as ever, maybe not as violent but still could get your wig split.

It's still shytty....and still pretty violent. My cousin is always calling me and telling me who got shot/killed....all her near death experiences from strays, it's crazy.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
It's still crazy to an extent in South BX today but not like 20-30 years ago. But gentrification already hitting hard Mott Haven, 161st St, and Bruckner Blvd.

nikkas said BX is immune because of widespread projects and the Cross BX Expressway, but I knew these cacs would find a way. :snoop:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
It's still crazy to an extent in South BX today but not like 20-30 years ago. But gentrification already hitting hard Mott Haven, 161st St, and Bruckner Blvd.

nikkas said BX is immune because of widespread projects and the Cross BX Expressway, but I knew these cacs would find a way. :snoop:

they trying to rename the South Bronx to "SoBro".

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been to the bx before (in 2011)

I thought it was pretty hood. Didn't really feel dangerous persay but it was definitely the hood With a ton of immigrants (Esp africans and mexicans)

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I been to the bx before (in 2011)

I thought it was pretty hood. Didn't really feel dangerous persay but it was definitely the hood With a ton of immigrants (Esp africans and mexicans)

Sounds like you were around Concourse and Jerome, Africans are increasingly taking over those areas.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you were around Concourse and Jerome, Africans are increasingly taking over those areas.
Yeah those namessound familiar. I was on Tremont ave. And Melrose ave. Too.

Ghanaians are deep up there :whew::obama:

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
I remember watching Rumble In the Bronx as a kid and hitting the Larry Merchant face when I saw those hoods they filmed it in. Where I'm from houses are standard so seeing defaced and grimy apartments for blocks and blocks was jarring. Are any parts of the Bronx still like that?