Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
jesus christ :mjlol:. Yall had to up this thread. The above is one of the saddest things I have seen in a while. I dont know how these old ass bums carry on from one day to the next. Sure it was all fun and games when these cats were in highschool. but honest to god.....If I was still some bum ass PJ nikka doing strong arm robberies and shyt in my 40s and 50s with no hope in life......I wouldnt hesitate to eat a bullet. straight up. Id end my life QUICK
True indeed this was pathetic . Bunch old bums talking about the "good old days" . These didn't contribute shyt to the world and they acting like they pioneers.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You talking bout NoNy

South Bronx I hear is two yoga studios, 3 coffee houses, 5 condo buildings with green roofs, and a 1 mile bike lane from being called SoBro officially :coffee:

How Mott Haven Real Estate Listings Show Blurring Neighborhood Boundaries

"Another indication of the fluctuation of neighborhood names, the real estate search engine Streeteasy, denotes the eastern part of the neighborhood as a separate area called “North New York," which was its historic name."

:lolbron::lolbron:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
You talking bout NoNy

South Bronx I hear is two yoga studios, 3 coffee houses, 5 condo buildings with green roofs, and a 1 mile bike lane from being called SoBro officially :coffee:

And let's not forget the increasingly vacant apartments once landlords price out the old inhabitants.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You talking bout NoNy

North New York Neighborhood Guide - Living in Bronx

North New York is cradled by I-87 and I-278, just across the Harlem River from northeast Manhattan. Withapartments just a fraction of the cost, this slice of the Big Apple offers an affordable location with terrific proximity to everything New York City has to offer. Also called Mott Haven, North New York is a mixed-use neighborhood wrapped around a large park, Saint Mary's Park. Typical of many New York neighborhoods, North New York contains apartment buildings, brownstones, and multi-family row houses. The neighborhood is densely populated and is home to three historic districts.

Also called Mott Haven :laff:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
North New York Neighborhood Guide - Living in Bronx

North New York is cradled by I-87 and I-278, just across the Harlem River from northeast Manhattan. Withapartments just a fraction of the cost, this slice of the Big Apple offers an affordable location with terrific proximity to everything New York City has to offer. Also called Mott Haven, North New York is a mixed-use neighborhood wrapped around a large park, Saint Mary's Park. Typical of many New York neighborhoods, North New York contains apartment buildings, brownstones, and multi-family row houses. The neighborhood is densely populated and is home to three historic districts.

Also called Mott Haven :laff:

In 5 years this will no longer be true :mjlol:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
For Sale: 476 East 134th St. in North New York
215429312.jpg
215429316.jpg
215429304.jpg

$1 Million homes in the South Bronx...I mean North New York:whoo::whoo: