Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
lol i feel like this all the time. these damn modern colonizers stripped away the grimyness that made new york, new york.

True, but gentrification wouldn't have gone down if ownership was commonplace :ld:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
And Piano District :snoop:

nikkas on 183rd, East Tremont, and West Farms still don't play :violent:

funny thing is that i remember my pops telling me that everyone used to have a piano in their home back when he was a kid.
it was a regular sight to see a piano being pulled up the side of a building when someone moved in.

not sure how it worked because i don't know how a piano would fit through a window.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Buying property in Mott Haven and other nearby neighborhoods would be a good investment

Also I think The Bronx is an underrated borough

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crack era was way worst....i go back to my old neighborhood to see my grandparents, and its tame compared to the 90s....its being gentrified by muslims tho

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I grew up in the 70's-80's and New York used to be wild as fukk back then. Shyt was like dice roll each time, you could get robbed, mugged, or raped, sometimes all three, but it made the victories that much more poignant. The key was to never make a scene and never carry more than you can afford to lose. My friend got stripped butt naked in mid January 85 after going to a Whodini concert with his cousin (who also got robbed).

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I don't see Mott Haven gentrifying to the extent other neighborhoods did, too much subsidized housing

the days of rent control will be coming to an end breh. With the eventual L train shutdown, cacs will try to find other places close to Manhattan, and that's including South BX.

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
a lot of caucasoids get off on 138th on the 4 & 6

the first few stops on the 6 train is gonna get gentrified hard. port morris & woodstock/southern blvd has a lot of open apartments and some of the cheapest rent in the city

plus Swizz beats is trying to bring an art scene to The Bronx. The art scene has historically been one of the main catalysts of gentrification

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
a lot of caucasoids get off on 138th on the 4 & 6

the first few stops on the 6 train is gonna get gentrified hard. port morris & woodstock/southern blvd has a lot of open apartments and some of the cheapest rent in the city

plus Swizz beats is trying to bring an art scene to The Bronx. The art scene has historically been one of the main catalysts of gentrification

Just 10 years ago i would never see cacs stay on the 4 train past Yankee Stadium unless they're going straight:snoop: to Woodlawn.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They looking like a bunch of losers these days...

Old ass nikkas still banging :snoop:

jesus christ :mjlol:. Yall had to up this thread. The above is one of the saddest things I have seen in a while. I dont know how these old ass bums carry on from one day to the next. Sure it was all fun and games when these cats were in highschool. but honest to god.....If I was still some bum ass PJ nikka doing strong arm robberies and shyt in my 40s and 50s with no hope in life......I wouldnt hesitate to eat a bullet. straight up. Id end my life QUICK

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
jesus christ :mjlol:. Yall had to up this thread. The above is one of the saddest things I have seen in a while. I dont know how these old ass bums carry on from one day to the next. Sure it was all fun and games when these cats were in highschool. but honest to god.....If I was still some bum ass PJ nikka doing strong arm robberies and shyt in my 40s and 50s with no hope in life......I wouldnt hesitate to eat a bullet. straight up. Id end my life QUICK

Hopefully with the passing of Sean Price (RIP) they let that shyt go.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I grew up in the 70's-80's and New York used to be wild as fukk back then. Shyt was like dice roll each time, you could get robbed, mugged, or raped, sometimes all three, but it made the victories that much more poignant. The key was to never make a scene and never carry more than you can afford to lose. My friend got stripped butt naked in mid January 85 after going to a Whodini concert with his cousin (who also got robbed).
You in your 50's?