Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:laugh:

Im actually decent at it, used to go to Orchard Beach and get like 30 mins in at the Handball court before making my way to the basketball court.

I don't know what it is about the BX, latins and handball that go hand in hand.

Seeing those 70's gang members playing handball had me in complete tears.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

I don't know what it is about the BX, latins and handball that go hand in hand.

Seeing those 70's gang members playing handball had me in complete tears.

It's all these Ricans, they come out the womb with the ability to play handball. I played cause 90% of my friends were all Ricans and none of them wanted to play basketball, if it weren't for my brothers I never would have gotten into basketball. I remember the first time I seen a racquetball court, I thought it was a handball court for rich people (technically I was right) :manny:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
It's all these Ricans, they come out the womb with the ability to play handball. I played cause 90% of my friends were all Ricans and none of them wanted to play basketball, if it weren't for my brothers I never would have gotten into basketball. I remember the first time I seen a racquetball court, I thought it was a handball court for rich people (technically I was right) :manny:

:russ::laff:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Dominicans like that shyt too, my dad got me into that shyt when I was young.

Was never really that good at it tho, only played a couple of months at j hood park. Then straight to Riverbank to play basketball

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
I grew up in the Bx, lived in Mott Haven for the first 7 years, then moved to High bridge, then Bay Plaza. Mott Haven was like a damn warzone, but I remember hearing shyt like this - Willie Colon canta Hector Lavoe - Montero - YouTube

I don't mind when my girl plays bachata/merengue loud as hell, cause it reminds me of playing ball and getting piraguas as a little ass kid.

all you Bronx niqqas can go to the Olympics and get a gold medal in Handball.

If they allowed my sisters to play Together Forever and some Crystal Waters really loud while playing handball, I'm confident that they'd win a gold medal in London

Yoooo!! Ya got me dying right now. These describe me to a tee.

@ Malta...where in Mott Haven. I spent a good amount of time there. My cousin lives in Mott Haven projects.

I be rockin everybody in handball. Can't find any handball courts where I live now:snoop:

:yes: at the bolded. Freestyle is like 1/3 of the soundtrack to my life. The other 2/3 being Hip Hop, and Salsa music.

Hector Lavoe was like God in my house :russ:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
§ansprix™;932369 said:
Yoooo!! Ya got me dying right now. These describe me to a tee.

@ Malta...where in Mott Haven. I spent a good amount of time there. My cousin lives in Mott Haven projects.

146th and Brook ave, right across the street from Betances houses. I used to go back all the time too, had a bunch of friends that lived down there. I'd ask if you knew Pito and Juan Carlos, but there's about 40,000 of them out there :laugh:

I be rockin everybody in handball. Can't find any handball courts where I live now:snoop:

:yes: at the bolded. Freestyle is like 1/3 of the soundtrack to my life. The other 2/3 being Hip Hop, and Salsa music.

Hector Lavoe was like God in my house :russ:

You rocked them 54.11s too? :obama:

I probably passed you and Tremont on Fordham atleast 30 times.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
146th and Brook ave, right across the street from Betances houses. I used to go back all the time too, had a bunch of friends that lived down there. I'd ask if you knew Pito and Juan Carlos, but there's about 40,000 of them out there :laugh:

You rocked them 54.11s too? :obama:

I probably passed you and Tremont on Fordham atleast 30 times.

:ohhh: My fam lived on 154th and Melrose. I pretty much grew up out there. I used to be chillin with my cousins on Courtlandt too.

I heard they closed down Dino's too:noah: My fav pizzaria.

:laugh:Of course @ the bolded.