Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
shout out to playland on 42nd :russ:

some parts of the bronx still shytholes like some ppl here have said. Soundview is dangerous as fukk. if you wanna know wht NYC felt like back then go visit present day Newark and imagine more hispanics and crazy white ppl roaming the streets.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That's the thing. The drug game of the 80's and 90's fueled lots of the killing. Outside of strays, the people who usually got got were caught up in the game. While the violence has dropped, the senseless for nothing killings have risen IMO. Cats do shyt just for GP now.

The funny thing is, most of those kids are byproducts of the drug trade destroying their families in the 80's and 90's. I worked for the Legal Rights Division in Brooklyn and the Bronx in the mid 90's. If you read the case files I had access to with that amount of kids in both boroughs born with a "Toxicolgy to Cocaine" and streets like Clay in the Bronx and Blake in Brooklyn, the shyt was outright scary and felt AWFULLY segmented and systematic. I dont' care what ANYONE says.

I grew up between Clay Ave and Anthony Ave in the Bronx (up the hill from the Fever if you ever went there. It's closed now). Just last summer, a bunch of kids tried to burn down Promesa which an old folks home on Clay. They managed to burn one of the rooms up (nobody was in there) but the fire didn't spread. The people that still live in that area are heartless. That whole stretch from Anthony Ave to Grand Concourse contains some of the most fukked up people to this day. If I didn't know many of them from childhood I wouldn't fukk with them.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I grew up between Clay Ave and Anthony Ave in the Bronx (up the hill from the Fever if you ever went there. It's closed now). Just last summer, a bunch of kids tried to burn down Promesa which an old folks home on Clay. They managed to burn one of the rooms up (nobody was in there) but the fire didn't spread. The people that still live in that area are heartless. That whole stretch from Anthony Ave to Grand Concourse contains some of the most fukked up people to this day. If I didn't know many of them from childhood I wouldn't fukk with them.

Got fam on elliot pl n the concourse. Used to live on finlay next to college ave in my teens, we got tired of them college niggus hemmin us up so we started our own gang. I had a fight wit two janaican twins that lived on clay back then, nikkas cant box for shyt but sure know how to throw rocks n bricks n shyt :pachaha:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

:smh:

shyt is crazy. My Puerto Rican neighbor that lived upstairs from me in Flatbush told me in private that her stepdad was the one who started that HappyLand fire over her mom. She always would go out and dude went berserk and burnt down the club. we know the end result...

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:myman:..........what's crazy, I'm on that forum and I've gone past that thread many times.....but that is my first time opening the "Brutal New York" thread.......I couldnt' even get past the first page......wild stuff...read more later..

No problem!

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
South Bronx was th murder capital man. Dope was rampant and the freakin vacant buildings all over NYC from LES, Harlem to the Boogie down was mind blowin.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only place i can compare to what i saw on that video even a little from a poverty and violence standpoint is parts of the ninth and fifth ward in NO i grew up in and even those places looked a little better then the shyt i saw in that documentary

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:smh:

shyt is crazy. My Puerto Rican neighbor that lived upstairs from me in Flatbush told me in private that her stepdad was the one who started that HappyLand fire over her mom. She always would go out and dude went berserk and burnt down the club. we know the end result...
They were Cuban

NYC Rebel

Daps
They were Cuban

The chick's mom I'm talking about is Puerto Rican. Lydia Feliciano, who he burnt the club down over, is Puerto Rican.

Like I said....that was her stepdad.

As a matter of fact, Lydia's daughter has been living with HIV due to her old Heroin addiction for the past 20 years.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I grew up in the Bx, lived in Mott Haven for the first 7 years, then moved to High bridge, then Bay Plaza. Mott Haven was like a damn warzone, but I remember hearing shyt like this -

I don't mind when my girl plays bachata/merengue loud as hell, cause it reminds me of playing ball and getting piraguas as a little ass kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I grew up in the Bx, lived in Mott Haven for the first 7 years, then moved to High bridge, then Bay Plaza. Mott Haven was like a damn warzone, but I remember hearing shyt like this - Willie Colon canta Hector Lavoe - Montero - YouTube

I don't mind when my girl plays bachata/merengue loud as hell, cause it reminds me of playing ball and getting piraguas as a little ass kid.

all you Bronx niqqas can go to the Olympics and get a gold medal in Handball.