Was plant based meat a fad?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's plenty of plant product patties out there without high sodium. Tons of more natural options to choose from.

Beyond Meat is just one high-end brand, people have started realizing they like the simpler stuff just as much. You can get patties made out of damn near anything now and a lot of them have just 3-4 ingredients and they're all healthy.

Its a small lane for health conscious individuals though. I've tried bean burgers and they're pretty good. But trying to serve bean burgers at a event with common people just won't fly. Beyond meat tried to take over the beef industry and failed miserably. Even tried to sell beyond beef whoopers and BK and that flopped.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah man people are just going totally lose the Desire to eat beef

Take a look at how much money the beef industry has spent advertising, lobbying, trying to drive up meat consumption. Our current levels of consumption aren't natural, they're the result of advertising, status signalling, and socialization. Got people so brainwashed that even on the Internet beef stans are out in force trying to convince people.

Most of the world didn't even eat beef originally, it was solely a Eurasian thing and not even all Eurasian cultures are into it, and never in the quantities that we do. I was just showing some options.

Not counting humans, livestock right now are 95% of all mammal mass on Earth. Nearly 40% of our crops are grown solely to feed our meat animals. They're a huge drain on our land, our water, they're responsible for an intense amount of pollution. It's not sustainable and something gonna have to give.

Besides, look at how many fatasses are in Alabama, it's killing y'all. Might as well try something different.

Last edited:

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I wouldn't consider it a fad

I personally never even acknowledged that bullshyt

There is way too much fruit and veggies to rotate and and I personally eat beef, chicken, or fish at every single meal

Just seems unnecessary but I can only speak for myself

Marketing is a mufukka

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Take a look at how much money the beef industry has spent advertising, lobbying, trying to drive up meat consumption. Our current levels of consumption aren't natural, they're the result of advertising, status signalling, and socialization. Got people so brainwashed that even on the Internet beef stans are out in force trying to convince people.

Most of the world didn't even eat beef originally, it was solely a Eurasian thing and not even all Eurasian cultures are into it, and never in the quantities that we do. I was just showing some options.

Not counting humans, livestock right now are 95% of all mammal mass on Earth. Nearly 40% of our cross are grown solely to feed our meat animals. They're a huge drain on our land, our water, they're responsible for an intense amount of pollution. It's not sustainable and something gonna have to give.

Besides, look at how many fatasses are in Alabama
, it's killing y'all. Might as well try something different.

Aye muthafukka it's a lot of fatasses in every state dont try to single our fatasses out
889de553340650bffd14c079dcf41bc3.png

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Not counting humans, livestock right now are 95% of all mammal mass on Earth. Nearly 40% of our cross are grown solely to feed our meat animals. They're a huge drain on our land, our water, they're responsible for an intense amount of pollution. It's not sustainable and something gonna have to give.

Besides, look at how many fatasses are in Alabama, it's killing y'all. Might as well try something different.
Yeah man people only eat beef because of propaganda

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Veganism is an environmental disaster

That's completely nonsense. We're almost at the point where we have to devote more land to growing soy/corn/etc. just to feed our CATTLE than we grow to feed people.

The per-calorie land it takes to produce beef is insane:

land-use-kcal-poore.svg

The per-calorie climate change impact of beef is also far higher than everything else:

_121534110_0d88cbbb-c0ea-4ce7-99bd-f0b154892b33.jpg

Even if you believed that growing soy and vegetables and shyt was bad for the environment, we're growing just as much of that to feed the beef as we would have had to grow to feed people. So it's literally impossible for the current industrial vegan agriculture to have a worse impact than beef.

In an ideal world, beef would be grown on a diversified farm where it would be intelligently mixed into the whole system. Cattle would be fed on the stalks and waste of the other crops and their manure would fertilize them in turn. That would be an environmentally sound way to grow beef. But that's not what's happening - instead we grow beef as industrial bullshyt that fukks over the entire environment.

Here's a good essay on the subject by a farmer who knows his shyt (entire book is fire). Read "Stupidity in Concentration" first:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You mean plants?

I know you're being sarcastic. But the process of having and overproduction of Grains, Vegetables, and Synthetic Vegetable Oils to feed a society based around Veganism is destroying the planet

Look up Monocropping and the destruction its doing to the environment

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Beef production is literally destroying the world, so something's gonna have to give. You think as more people globally enter the middle class they're not going to demand beef too, and the insane land use and water use and fertilizer use and emmisions it creates isn't going to continue to skyrocket? There are already entire countries (like Guatemala) where half the population is malnourished because there's no room to grow regular food, beef takes up 10x as much space for the same calories. Either beef is a fad or human civilization as we know it is a fad.

There's plenty of plant product patties out there without high sodium. Tons of more natural options to choose from.

Beyond Meat is just one high-end brand, people have started realizing they like the simpler stuff just as much. You can get patties made out of damn near anything now and a lot of them have just 3-4 ingredients and they're all healthy.

mushroom patties are low in sodium.