• no

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I still believe Michael should not have killed Fredo under any circumstances. Killing his brother is a sign of weakness imo. His brother is fukking up you figure it out. As much as a demon Sonny was or even Vito. They would have never solved a problem like that by just killing him. That is family which they hold above all.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
From looking around the net, one of the lines that was cut from the final film was that Fredo thought it would be a kidnapping and Michael wouldn't have got hurt.

But of course, it was cut to probably give the scenario some ambiguity.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Am I the only one who finds Fredo's transition from mama's boy to sleaze ball funny as fukk:pachaha:
It's not covered well in the movie, but in the book, he was supposed to be as hard as Sonny. When Vito got popped, and Fredo couldn't protect him, that changed him mentally.

Fredo was still a hard gangster in the movie, he just wasn't on the level of Michael.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
It's not covered well in the movie, but in the book, he was supposed to be as hard as Sonny. When Vito got popped, and Fredo couldn't protect him, that changed him mentally.

Fredo was still a hard gangster in the movie, he just wasn't on the level of Michael.
Damn I might have to get the book just for the Fredo fukkery

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas sayin it had to be done. Another lowkey exposal thread smh. Goofy shyt. Any real nikka could finesse it to where you don’t kill him.......Atleast not when he did

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Kill your own brother brehs

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U think u can hide some guy who willingly takes advice from your enemies and wants to be the Godfather?
Your brother should get a chance to right a wrong once he knows you ready to merk his ass. I’m not treating bro like anybody else

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Fredo-defenders have never managed to answer this question - who opened the drapes in Mike's bedroom?

I truly believe Fredo was LYING when he told Mike he didn't know it was a hit. And when Johnny Ola called him and Fredo said "you guys lied to me" I think he means "you guys told me Mike would die and he didn't ". His rant at the end exposes how he had a wish to be boss, I think that's what Roth and Ola put in his head.

Fredo tried to come at the king and he missed, Mike did what he had to do.

John Cazale's performance in these movies is criminally underrated. This scene alone should have earned him an Oscar nod. The way he uses the chair to accentuate his helplessness. His quick turns to anger and then back to feebleness. It's a shining example of minimalistic actions having maximum impact in acting.