was it right that Michael killed Fredo- Godfather part 2

do you agree with michael decision to off fredo

• yes, it had to be done

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • no

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
It was alluded that Fredo liked bussy on the side too
:dame:
:picard:

I am already loving the audiobook. So many little things that they could not flesh out in the movie. I am at the part where Johnny Fontaine is talking to the Godfather about his problems in Cali. The way The Don mocked him had me :mjlol:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

I am already loving the audiobook. So many little things that they could not flesh out in the movie. I am at the part where Johnny Fontaine is talking to the Godfather about his problems in Cali. The way The Don mocked him had me :mjlol:
That shyt was funny in the movie too
"Godfather I don't know what to do:sadbron:"
"What are you some Hollywood fanook?
BE A MAN!!!:ufdup:"

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Safe to say this thread exposes those who wouldn't be cut out to be the godfather with their mental weaknesses..

Michael already did more than he should have for fredo by waiting until their mother died. Of course he's still going to feel conflicted about it on a personal level but he had no choice but to have fredo killed. To suggest otherwise is naive.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
It's not covered well in the movie, but in the book, he was supposed to be as hard as Sonny. When Vito got popped, and Fredo couldn't protect him, that changed him mentally.

Fredo was still a hard gangster in the movie, he just wasn't on the level of Michael.
Off the strength of this I listened to the Audiobook of the Godfather and The Sicilian. :wow:

shyts was a masterpiece :wow:

Clemenza was a real ass dude.:ehh:

Fredo is portrayed differently from the movies. In the movie he was a bytch from the jump:hhh:

The Sicilian was good as fukk. I was rooting for Salvatore Guiliano :sadcam:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Off the strength of this I listened to the Audiobook of the Godfather and The Sicilian. :wow:

shyts was a masterpiece :wow:

Clemenza was a real ass dude.:ehh:

Fredo is portrayed differently from the movies. In the movie he was a bytch from the jump:hhh:

The Sicilian was good as fukk. I was rooting for Salvatore Guiliano :sadcam:

I remember when I was younger I picked up almost all the Mario Puzo books. Godfather, Omerta, The Sicilian, all fire.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Safe to say this thread exposes those who wouldn't be cut out to be the godfather with their mental weaknesses..

Michael already did more than he should have for fredo by waiting until their mother died. Of course he's still going to feel conflicted about it on a personal level but he had no choice but to have fredo killed. To suggest otherwise is naive.
Not a single person on the internet is cut out to be the godfather :heh:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Not a single person on the internet is cut out to be the godfather :heh:

What would it take for someone to be cut out to be the godfather? What experiences would one have to go through to be ready to be godfather?

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
The movie itself paints it as a sign of Micheal's transition to the dark side. Fredo wasn't a liability anymore because he wasn't a part of any of Mike's business dealings so he had no dirt, AND he could've easily been banished so he wouldn't have any way to set Mike up. He killed him for revenge, pure and simple and he even waited until his mother died to do it.