Votes: 53 60.2%
  • no

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Mike did what he did cuz he became paranoid and irrational towards the end so no I dont think killing Fredo was necessary. On a related note, I hated how they made it seem like Connie and the rest of the family played stupid about Fredo's death in part 3. Connie had already been upset with Mike for offing her abusive husband, she wouldnt play stupid after she begged Mike to make up with him after her mom's death.
Connie knew..

But again they took it out the movie.

Connie went on a cruise with that dude she brought to the party at the start of Part 2.

Halfway through the cruise the ship tells her that the bank has canceled her credit and she gets moved from first class.

Connie saw her opportunity for power and status by being by Mikes side...she is nothing without Mike..he is the Corleone family when Vito dies.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes...as he said his wife or children could’ve been killed...can't allow someone that stupid and mentally fragile/weak to keep breathing giving the nature of michael’s business...bad enough he has to watch out for his enemies but he has to watch out for his brother too smh???

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nikkas talking bout "you can't kill your brother that's monstrous :picard:".

Meanwhile Fredo set Mike up to get got in the same room his wife sleeps in while his kids are at home as well. He must have known it wasn't going to be a clean hit because they had him open up the drapes.

And @obarth if someone came at Vito's KIDS/WIFE I'm not convinced that he wouldn't take that route. Remember he ONLY made peace with Barzini to get Mike back legally from Sicily. The plan was always for Mike to off everybody INCLUDING Connie's punk ass husband.

Vito also kept Luca Brasi around, the book goes into more detail about how heinous that man was. He literally threw a baby into the fire in front of it's mom and Vito gave him a pass.

That whole peaceful thing in GF1 was an act. I don't think Vito would kill his brother, but I DO think he would understand :yeshrug: Imagine if they'd have killed his wife or one of the kids, then I think Vito would take the same path. That's where Mike was more ruthless.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What kinda pos kills his own brother?:hhh:
This is the life they chose. You find someone is disloyal or a liability, you get them the fukk out of there... TOTALLY

You do not leave nikkas alive... To go to other places... To click up... To plot their revenge... To give up secrets for cash, or respect, or a title in another organization.... You Marlo that nikka.. No, I'm not leaving you alive to scheme.

It's like people who say "I'd just sell drugs, get a few million and leave" No you wouldn't. Cause the mentality you need to make millions off drugs, is the same mentality that has you greedy enough to never walk away from it

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Meanwhile Fredo set Mike up to get got in the same room his wife sleeps in while his kids are at home as well. He must have known it wasn't going to be a clean hit because they had him open up the drapes.

And @obarth if someone came at Vito's KIDS/WIFE I'm not convinced that he wouldn't take that route. Remember he ONLY made peace with Barzini to get Mike back legally from Sicily. The plan was always for Mike to off everybody INCLUDING Connie's punk ass husband.

Vito also kept Luca Brasi around, the book goes into more detail about how heinous that man was. He literally threw a baby into the fire in front of it's mom and Vito gave him a pass.

That whole peaceful thing in GF1 was an act. I don't think Vito would kill his brother, but I DO think he would understand :yeshrug: Imagine if they'd have killed his wife or one of the kids, then I think Vito would take the same path. That's where Mike was more ruthless.
I feel you fam, but Vito's whole steez was family over everything. Remember the last bit of advice he ever gave Michael. Vito wasn't p*ssy in the slightest bit, but everything he did was for family. I think Vito would die of grief if he found out Michael killed Fredo. I think killing Fredo was one of the things that crossed his mind in his last moments.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I feel you fam, but Vito's whole steez was family over everything. Remember the last bit of advice he ever gave Michael. Vito wasn't p*ssy in the slightest bit, but everything he did was for family. I think Vito would die of grief if he found out Michael killed Fredo. I think killing Fredo was one of the things that crossed his mind in his last moments.

Absolutely, in the books it's giving Luca a pass, Sonny's death and allowing Mike into the biz that haunt Vito in his last years.

Mike for sure sees his daughter,Fredo and Apollonia on a daily basis. Pretty sure his son completely abandons him after GF3 too. Vincenzo probably stays loyal but that's it.

I think the movie and Mike's life tell us he did the wrong thing, but I do still believe Fredo intentionally tried to get him killed and is getting a pass by some.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Absolutely, in the books it's giving Luca a pass, Sonny's death and allowing Mike into the biz that haunt Vito in his last years.

Mike for sure sees his daughter,Fredo and Apollonia on a daily basis. Pretty sure his son completely abandons him after GF3 too. Vincenzo probably stays loyal but that's it.

I think the movie and Mike's life tell us he did the wrong thing, but I do still believe Fredo intentionally tried to get him killed and is getting a pass by some.
I think Fredo was an idiot who couldn't accept being an idiot. He felt passed over and had middle child issues. He was an easy pawn used by dudes who had a mind for the game. I wouldn't even 100% disagree he had an idea of what would happen to Michael, but I don't think he was a mastermind behind the whole plot. For the question the thread poses, I'm not judging it in a vacuum, but just in the framework of the family dynamic built in the first two films.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Basically

You take a blood oath when you join that shyt. This ain't pro wrestling.

You switch sides for a microsecond and you gotta GO

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You NEVER kill family. Real scumbag mive from Michael. Fredo was his only living brother. Idc if he was a liabity