Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Movie has 0% chance of crossing 500 million @TheGodling :umad:

@FlyRy

That's a higher chance than the movie had of not making it to 200 million, but I don't see a certain someone being willing to admit to that.:sas1:

No, I only see that stupid idiot drag himself further back into denial by dapping that and the next couple posts because he can't just come out and say 'Okay, I was wrong. I'm a dumb fukk and I'm sorry.':manny:

New revised prediction. 380 million :troll:

More accurate than any prediction I've seen @FlyRy make.:ehh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's a higher chance than the movie had of not making it to 200 million, but I don't see a certain someone being willing to admit to that.:sas1:

No, I only see that stupid idiot drag himself further back into denial by dapping that and the next couple posts because he can't just come out and say 'Okay, I was wrong. I'm a dumb fukk and I'm sorry.':manny:

More accurate than any prediction I've seen @FlyRy make.:ehh:
breh you predicted a BILLION.

a fukking BILLION. :hakeem:

and then when we were like 2 weeks from release and you realized there was a general worldwide lack of buzz you were like "oh marketing fukked up, 500 million" :dead: :camby:

you were double wrong buddy..fukk outta here. :hitch:

"but the real horror show was, sadly, Warcraft. The Universal/Comcast CMCSA -1.16%Corp./Legendary video game adaptation dropped a whopping 82% on its second Friday, earning just $1.933 million for the day. That’s one of the larger second-Friday drops for a major release, on par with the 82% drop for Doom and the 81% drop for Batman v Superman. The likely $5.8m second weekend (for a $37m 10-day cume) will constitute a 75.6% weekend plunge, will be among the top 30 biggest drops ever and will be the second-biggest ever for a 3,000+ screen release behind Friday the 13th‘s 80% drop back in 2009." :bryan:

"Oh, and it’s sinking like a stone in China too, as it fell 80% on its second Friday over there with a $6.2 million gross (and that’s accounting for how much demand was met on that the opening Wednesday and Thursday). It will end up over/under the $200m mark in China by tomorrow, a theoretically significant accomplishment. but it is still pretty much finished in what was supposed to be its lifeline marketplace. China saved it from being a mega flop, but it’s not the kind of leggy performance here, there, or anywhere that inspires confidence in a Warcraft 2." :inarritu: :umad:

at this point it might not even beat prince of Persia to become the highest grossing videogame movie worldwide :goldblum:

and as i expected it flopped in it's country of origin. i think i said once it might not even hit 40 or 50 here and i was right.

so it did a bit better in china than i expected.. it's still a flop breh.

duncan jones needs to fall back like aronosky and stay in his small budget lane

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
breh you predicted a BILLION.

a fukking BILLION. :hakeem:

and then when we were like 2 weeks from release and you realized there was a general worldwide lack of buzz you were like "oh marketing fukked up, 500 million" :dead:

I made a guess that it could, not would, do a billion over a year ago, when there wasn't even a trailer out for the movie, and you're still clinging onto that just because your dumb ass said it might not even hit 200 million two weeks ago. Only a desperate fool like yourself thinks those predictions compare despite there being a full year in between them, ol' "you said GSW would cakewalk through the play-offs six months ago, but I said last Monday it might be a close one, so now I'm obviously more right" ass idiot.

And marketing did fukk up, and as I have always said, word of mouth was going to be the x-factor in giving the movie the push to 500 it needed but unfortunately although the movie is generally well received by audiences, it wasn't strong enough to make a difference. That's a shame but let's not pretend like 500 million was way out of line when it's gonna cross 400 million in like a week or two.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I made a guess that it could, not would, do a billion over a year ago, when there wasn't even a trailer out for the movie, and you're still clinging onto that just because your dumb ass said it might not even hit 200 million two weeks ago. Only a desperate fool like yourself thinks those predictions compare despite there being a full year in between them, ol' "you said GSW would cakewalk through the play-offs six months ago, but I said last Monday it might be a close one, so now I'm obviously more right" ass idiot.

What an apt comparison , because this shyt is a flop!

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Warcraft will end up losing around $15 million, less than it would have if not for a strong showing in China.

THR says that the film, which was budgeted at $160 million, may lose $30-40 million according to industry execs, but a digital rights deal for China at the unusually-high amount of $24 million, and a $20 million merchandising pact, help offset the loss. Though the loss is smaller than expected after a dismal domestic showing, it is still a deficit.

The U.S. release bombed, making only $46.6 million. The rest of its total $430 million global gross came from international sales, and more than half of that was from China alone.

The loss will be shared among the film's co-financers: Legendary Pictures, Universal, and three Chinese ventures including Tencent.

“You’re almost better off just making it for the Chinese audience,” said analyst Eric Handler. “It did okay in some other markets where the game was big--including Germany and France--but China really saved the day.”

All that leads to the conclusion that if a sequel is made, it would probably be geared toward Asian markets.

A big opening in China gave way to massive continued success in the country, ultimately making it the most successful video game adaptation of all time.

@FlyRy

Make all your box office in China brehs

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
"Warcraft will end up losing around $15 million"

"ultimately making it the most successful video game adaptation of all time."

:jbhmm:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
just watched this.. :patrice:

they were banking way too much on there being sequels..

movie seemed like a bunch of random events that ultimately led nowhere.

should've been the prequel or some shyt.

maybe they should go the cartoon series route :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Warcraft will end up losing around $15 million, less than it would have if not for a strong showing in China.

THR says that the film, which was budgeted at $160 million, may lose $30-40 million according to industry execs, but a digital rights deal for China at the unusually-high amount of $24 million, and a $20 million merchandising pact, help offset the loss. Though the loss is smaller than expected after a dismal domestic showing, it is still a deficit.

The U.S. release bombed, making only $46.6 million. The rest of its total $430 million global gross came from international sales, and more than half of that was from China alone.

The loss will be shared among the film's co-financers: Legendary Pictures, Universal, and three Chinese ventures including Tencent.

“You’re almost better off just making it for the Chinese audience,” said analyst Eric Handler. “It did okay in some other markets where the game was big--including Germany and France--but China really saved the day.”

All that leads to the conclusion that if a sequel is made, it would probably be geared toward Asian markets.

A big opening in China gave way to massive continued success in the country, ultimately making it the most successful video game adaptation of all time.

@FlyRy

Make all your box office in China brehs

Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire lost money on paper.

The Empire Strikes Back lost money on paper.

Believe Hollywood accounting, brehs.