Warcraft the Movie: r u still down w/ Azeroth?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No, cats aren't interested in THIS sword and sorcerer film. Big difference. Huge difference. I'm a fan of those type of flicks but I had no interest in this from jump so I'm speaking for myself as one of those "americans"

Explain, is it because it is Warcraft?
Be honest, mcfly?

You usually are honest but I just wanted to say some shyt.
like the bully on back to the future would say in a post,.....

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Explain, is it because it is Warcraft?
Be honest, mcfly?

You usually are honest but I just wanted to say some shyt.
like the bully on back to the future would say in a post,.....

Art Barr

Yeah Warcraft has never been my thing. So when they announce a movie about it, my reaction is :coffee: seen people play it, even tried it myself, but it's just not my thing. So last weekend when it was warcraft or conjuring 2, that's an easy pick. if I get out to the theater this weekend, it's more than likely finding dory

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah Warcraft has never been my thing. So when they announce a movie about it, my reaction is :coffee: seen people play it, even tried it myself, but it's just not my thing. So last weekend when it was warcraft or conjuring 2, that's an easy pick. if I get out to the theater this weekend, it's more than likely finding dory

You know that makes sense why thus movie could flop.
It came out at the wrong time.
It should have been marketed when lord of the rings popped off.
I guess they fear the bicepless mouse and now that the mouse has all the gateways sewn up damn near.
They did not wanna chance it versus star wars but forgot that memo is arguably this gen's kids goat gateway movie.
So, imo they dropped the ball a few times cause real talk,....

It is a few things you may not wanna challenge at Disney and marvel, nemo and star wars are those properties you can't fukk with as a competitor.
So someone dropped the ball.
Maybe this was put out to just be a flop possible revenue grab but this should have had better marketing and planning.
If what you saying is true cause the marketing department should have recognized and got over this disconnect.
Then again universal is a cop and blow movie house and really don't know what they doing especially since probably being bought out by the equivalent of tci east coast damn near.

Art Barr

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know that makes sense why thus movie could flop.
It came out at the wrong time.
It should have been marketed when lord of the rings popped off.
I guess they fear the bicepless mouse and now that the mouse has all the gateways sewn up damn near.
They did not wanna chance it versus star wars but forgot that memo is arguably this gen's kids goat gateway movie.
So, imo they dropped the ball a few times cause real talk,....

It is a few things you may not wanna challenge at Disney and marvel, memo and star wars are those properties you can't fukk with as a competitor.
So someone dropped the ball.
Maybe this was put out to just be a flop possible revenue grab but this should have had better marketing and planning.
If what you saying is true cause the marketing department should have recognized and got over this disconnect.
Then again universal is a cop and blow movie house and really don't know what they doing especially since probably being bought out by the equivalent of tci east coast damn near.

Art Barr

Well they figured it could beat a horror movie and if it were any other horror movie or performed like horror movies normally do, it would've. But it needed to bank most of its money last weekend because not only is finding dory coming out, but Central Intelligence is coming out as well. The rock and kevin hart, two of the biggest draws in the game, in one movie? Nah homie, that's not a good look. Warcraft just never had any buzz, whether it was the trailers or just the lack of interest in the game or the property in the country or maybe it was the whole Mo-Cap/CGI thing. Also, I'm sure it being a video game movie doesn't help

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

This was not cliche and I really like it because of that.

The twist was completely unexpected and it seemed like it would have the usual heroes turn the tide type conclusion and it totally went left.

Don't see how this was given bad reviews.
This is another John carter situation.

Art Barr

Even more surprising was how Lothar (joint main character) wasn't present
in the final battle

I thought him and the good orc would definitely be in it and be fighting side by side.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well they figured it could beat a horror movie and if it were any other horror movie or performed like horror movies normally do, it would've. But it needed to bank most of its money last weekend because not only is finding dory coming out, but Central Intelligence is coming out as well. The rock and kevin hart, two of the biggest draws in the game, in one movie? Nah homie, that's not a good look. Warcraft just never had any buzz, whether it was the trailers or just the lack of interest in the game or the property in the country or maybe it was the whole Mo-Cap/CGI thing. Also, I'm sure it being a video game movie doesn't help

They keep hating on video game movies when the next Gen don't really have any properties.
I really wonder what the next Gen is gonna make into movies in the next Gen.

Which by their cartoons seems to be Pokemon card battle type properties or rpg.
So, all those we hate rpg movies are eventually gonna be a draw with this Gen.
Simply, cause they don't have any properties or anything of quality to watch.

Mother's groups really fukked this Gen up.
If I saw this as a kid,....
I easily Would have wanted a lothor or a king action figure and the bird off top.
Just like it was some insectors type shyt.

So, I guess kids now just kinda wack tho as far as toys and imagination.
They don't even know to watch old cartoons and will diss bugs to tom and Jerry in a heart beat if it is not cGI.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even more surprising was how Lothar (joint main character) wasn't present
in the final battle

I thought him and the good orc would definitely be in it and be fighting side by side.

Yeah, this movie was not cliche.
I guess they don't like movies that are not books first.
The witch the wardrobe type movies did good but that is a book.
Actually now I think about,...that one movie with the girl and the polar bear that was excellent never had a sequel, tho.

Art Barr

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
No, cats aren't interested in THIS sword and sorcerer film. Big difference. Huge difference. I'm a fan of those type of flicks but I had no interest in this from jump so I'm speaking for myself as one of those "americans"
c/s. i'm a fantasy stan but had no interest in this.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Yeah, this movie was not cliche.
I guess they don't like movies that are not books first.
The witch the wardrobe type movies did good but that is a book.
Actually now I think about,...that one movie with the girl and the polar bear that was excellent never had a sequel, tho.

Art Barr
Golden Compass? That was an enormous flop here but did good overseas.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I've never played any of the games, I don't know any of the characters & lore, and no idea who any of the actors were (accept FINE ass Paula Patton..... the Finest 1/2 Orc in history :ohlawd: )

But I really enjoyed it :ehh:

The king and the grand wizard dude was sort of meh. I also had to ask a lot of questions to my friend cause I didn't quite understand everything

But the visuals, action, and the CGI acting was dope

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Something I've been thinking about since seeing the film...

Paula is 1/2 orc, 1/2 something else, aight word...

So I'm assuming the mother was orc because she said that the Orcs cursed her mother, or something, for even having her. So, looking at the other full breed orc women in that movie and I was thinking...

...what in the fukk, actually in its right mind, non-orc being, fukked a female orc? :damn: :huhldup: :whoa:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
c/s. i'm a fantasy stan but had no interest in this.

Claim you're a fantasy fan but have no interest in one of the biggest fantasy franchises in pop culture, brehs.

shyt, does your ass even play D&D? Do you even care about D&D? I don't give a fukk about fantasy but I'm gonna have to pull your fantasy card here because you sound like you're just talking stupid now.