War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
hey brehs don't get mad at me but I gotta stupid question :whoa:
a buddy of mine said this movie, in fact the whole trilogy, was a metaphor for white supremacy. he also says the og apes movies are metaphors for race relations. do any of y'all have a similar take. :jbhmm:
here's his

Yea I’m watching it now. Its so damn blatant that I’m surprised there weren’t think pieces and articles written about it.

This movie is one gigantic parable about White Supremacy. Hell all the way down to
The one “good” white girl who helps the enslaved apes (always gotta throw a white hero in)

It’s not even metaphorical. shyt is blatant as hell

Edit- yep right down to the filmmakers denying Ceaser his rightful vengeance and not allowing him to kill The Colonel. On some “Noble Negro” shyt. This is the white man’s “kinder gentler” take on a race war

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they didn't force her.. there's a mute white girl in the OG story who's an adult with the same name as her.. the disease also explains why humans can't talk in the future, and despite still being humans, somehow act retarded

a lot of things in this movie were so it would up with the OG.. which is weird since this isn't supposed to be a direct prequel to those films.. but a lot of the characters, names and locations tie into the first one from back in the day
Not really the original took place on the east coast

And it takes place like 20000 years in the future

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So is this over now until a new reboot?
It's probably done for another 10 years. It only made 9 mil more ww than the first movie and $220 mil less than Dawn.

I loved it though still top 3 for me this year

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's probably done for another 10 years. It only made 9 mil more ww than the first movie and $220 mil less than Dawn.

I'm still a bit :huhldup: at how this movie didn't do as well considering it was liked and well received and plus it was coming off on Dawn which was also a hit with audiences and at the box office. I guess it was either too dark or just came out at a bad time (this summer was one of the worst summers in BO history). I'm also sad that we won't find out about the astronauts that disappeared - which I suppose was just put in Rise for fans of the original series. It's like "C'mon, Fox, don't tease me like that." :francis: Would've liked for them to return with apes in a highly advanced futuristic society (which is what the OG Apes movie was supposed to be but couldn't due to budget restraints).

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
liked it but it was missing koba.. he was very entertaining in the first 2 movies

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Not really the original took place on the east coast

And it takes place like 20000 years in the future

I'm still a bit :huhldup: at how this movie didn't do as well considering it was liked and well received and plus it was coming off on Dawn which was also a hit with audiences and at the box office. I guess it was either too dark or just came out at a bad time (this summer was one of the worst summers in BO history). I'm also sad that we won't find out about the astronauts that disappeared - which I suppose was just put in Rise for fans of the original series. It's like "C'mon, Fox, don't tease me like that." :francis: Would've liked for them to return with apes in a highly advanced futuristic society (which is what the OG Apes movie was supposed to be but couldn't due to budget restraints).
IMDB has info on a lot of this

In October 2016, it was announced that a fourth Planet of the Apes film was already being planned.

According to director Matt Reeves, the name of the group of rebelling humans are the Alpha and Omega, a reference to the bomb the mutants worshiped in Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970). The logo on their helments and flag matches the original logo on the bomb.

The little girl named Nova is named after the character played by Linda Harrison in the first and second films in the original franchise.

Speaking with MTV, Andy Serkis, was asked about the setting for the upcoming third film and revealed that the third film may not be the conclusion to the franchise. He stated, "It's very, very early in where we choose to drop anchor in the next film. It could be five years after the event, it could be the night after the events of where we left 'Dawn,' so it's very difficult to know where the story is going right at this moment because it's being written as we speak. I know that part of the desire for Matt Reeves to do this next movie is about continuing the enjoyment of seeing these apes evolve. So I don't think we're going to see a situation where we're jumping... It might be three films; it could be four. It could be five. Who knows? But the journey will continue. It might not necessarily be summarized or completely fulfilled in this next one. The point being, eventually we know that we're going to end up back at 'The Planet of the Apes,' but whether it's this film or not, I don't know."

The character Nova is an allusion to Nova in the original Planet of the Apes (1968). Both incarnations of Nova are mute, and are given the name Nova by their protectors.

Caesar's son shares his name with the Roddy McDowall character, Cornelius, in the original film. Ironically, in the original film series Caesar is the son of Cornelius, eventually naming his own son Cornelius after his father.

The mutation of the simian flu virus rendering the surviving humans mute and mindless is a foreshadowing of the events in the original Planet of the Apes (1968) in which the surviving human population is mute and primitive.

The ending of the film contains references to the canon of the original film series. Before Caesar dies, Maurice (an orangutan) promises that he will tell Caesar's story to his surviving son. In the original series, the legacy of Caesar after his death is preserved by an orangutan known as "The Lawgiver", played by John Huston in Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973), and afterward the orangutans become the learned politicians and religious leaders of ape society, revering the memory of The Lawgiver in statues after Caesar has been forgotten. The plot of Planet of the Apes (1968) hinges on the orangutans having taught apes a false history of the world and erasing knowledge that humankind once was the dominant species of Earth.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
IMDB has info on a lot of this

In October 2016, it was announced that a fourth Planet of the Apes film was already being planned.

According to director Matt Reeves, the name of the group of rebelling humans are the Alpha and Omega, a reference to the bomb the mutants worshiped in Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970). The logo on their helments and flag matches the original logo on the bomb.

The little girl named Nova is named after the character played by Linda Harrison in the first and second films in the original franchise.

Speaking with MTV, Andy Serkis, was asked about the setting for the upcoming third film and revealed that the third film may not be the conclusion to the franchise. He stated, "It's very, very early in where we choose to drop anchor in the next film. It could be five years after the event, it could be the night after the events of where we left 'Dawn,' so it's very difficult to know where the story is going right at this moment because it's being written as we speak. I know that part of the desire for Matt Reeves to do this next movie is about continuing the enjoyment of seeing these apes evolve. So I don't think we're going to see a situation where we're jumping... It might be three films; it could be four. It could be five. Who knows? But the journey will continue. It might not necessarily be summarized or completely fulfilled in this next one. The point being, eventually we know that we're going to end up back at 'The Planet of the Apes,' but whether it's this film or not, I don't know."

The character Nova is an allusion to Nova in the original Planet of the Apes (1968). Both incarnations of Nova are mute, and are given the name Nova by their protectors.

Caesar's son shares his name with the Roddy McDowall character, Cornelius, in the original film. Ironically, in the original film series Caesar is the son of Cornelius, eventually naming his own son Cornelius after his father.

The mutation of the simian flu virus rendering the surviving humans mute and mindless is a foreshadowing of the events in the original Planet of the Apes (1968) in which the surviving human population is mute and primitive.

The ending of the film contains references to the canon of the original film series. Before Caesar dies, Maurice (an orangutan) promises that he will tell Caesar's story to his surviving son. In the original series, the legacy of Caesar after his death is preserved by an orangutan known as "The Lawgiver", played by John Huston in Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973), and afterward the orangutans become the learned politicians and religious leaders of ape society, revering the memory of The Lawgiver in statues after Caesar has been forgotten. The plot of Planet of the Apes (1968) hinges on the orangutans having taught apes a false history of the world and erasing knowledge that humankind once was the dominant species of Earth.
I think we've gone over this but none of this shyt matters once a movie underperforms.

Plus Fox is clearly trying to sell off their movie division so I don't think we'll see an Apes movie anytime soon.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I like dawn better but the third act here is better.

Lmao at donkey.
hey brehs don't get mad at me but I gotta stupid question :whoa:
a buddy of mine said this movie, in fact the whole trilogy, was a metaphor for white supremacy. he also says the og apes movies are metaphors for race relations. do any of y'all have a similar take. :jbhmm:
here's his
It's not. The first movie is more about ignorance and the aftermath of a nuke war since it was during the cold war. The 3rd and 4th sequels were more about race

I like it more than 'Rise"

Dawn
War
Rise

In that order for me. One of the best recent trilogies
Rise is clearly the weakest.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
*sigh*

So, I finally watched it. I finished, so it better than Dawn.

I wasn't even 30 secs in when I had to pause because of laughter and awe. That Monkey Killer helmet. The level of cheese in all the slogans was brilliant. If the films had more of this I'd fukk with them. But sadly they don't.

However, to my suprise, I really enjoyed the first hour. Everything (well, mostly) until Caesar is captured was good to great. I even enjoyed Bad Ape. After that everything just plain sucks. Again this comes down to all humans being so dumb it breaks the suspension of disbelief at every turn, so hard.

WHY DO THEY BUILD THIS GODDAMN WALL WHEN THE OTHER SIDE HAS HELICOPTERS, TANKS AND STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!?

WHY DO YOU USE APES TO BUILD THE WALL WHEN HUMANS HAVE BUILT WALLS FOREVER AND APES NEVER!?

WHY DO THEY LISTEN TO WOODY WHEN HIS SUPERIORS HAVE TO HIM TO STOP!?

WHY KEEP CAESAR ALIVE, HE'S THE LEADER AND WHEN APES WERE WORKING ON THE ANYWAY!? WHY GIVE THEM HOPE!?

Also really lucky they capture Caesar clan at the same time as him. Also what was with the dude having a crossbow, one of the most ineffective in history.

Booooooooooooooooooo.

But it's the best reboot Apes movie but the first 60 mins were good.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*sigh*

I wasn't even 30 secs in when I had to pause because of laughter and awe. That Monkey Killer helmet. The level of cheese in all the slogans was brilliant. If the films had more of this I'd fukk with them. But sadly they don't.

However, to my suprise, I really enjoyed the first hour. Everything (well, mostly) until Caesar is captured was good to great. I even enjoyed Bad Ape. After that everything just plain sucks. Again this comes down to all humans being so dumb it breaks the suspension of disbelief at every turn, so hard.

WHY DO THEY BUILD THIS GODDAMN WALL WHEN THE OTHER SIDE HAS HELICOPTERS, TANKS AND STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!?

WHY DO YOU USE APES TO BUILD THE WALL WHEN HUMANS HAVE BUILT WALLS FOREVER AND APES NEVER!?

WHY KEEP CAESAR ALIVE, HE'S THE LEADER AND WHEN APES WERE WORKING ON THE ANYWAY!? WHY GIVE THEM HOPE!?

Also really lucky they capture Caesar clan at the same time as him. Also what was with the dude having a crossbow, one of the most ineffective in history.

Booooooooooooooooooo.

You build the wall to keep the other soldiers out, once the wall is breached it’s over.

Building a wall is hard grunt work, if your on the eve of battle do you wanna be tired when sh!t pops off?

They listen to woody because they believe he’s right and he is right. You kill all the infected because there is no cure and you saw how easily he was infected.

He keeps Caesar alive to humiliate him in front of the other apes

It wasn’t about crossbow, it was about Caesar getting killed by the same guy who he let live.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
*sigh*

Booooooooooooooooooo.

Study the history of slavery or the what the nazis did to the jews breh.