War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn I loved these movies. I'm rewatching Dawn on FX and I forgot how close Koba was to Caesar and River. I kinda wish they would have kept Koba in good graces with the apes and had someone else be a traitor. He's an interesting character.
I'm re-watching Dawn again and I was about to write this exact same shyt until I went back through the thread. I really wish they wouldn't have made Koba the one to spark the war. Breh was traumatized by humans and he was a great foil for Caesar. He was also loyal until the humans came into the picture. I think someone mentioned it on here but it just seems like they made the complex yet stereotypical "bad" looking ape the scapegoat, when they had a shytty human who could have done it (the dude who brought the gun and blamed the apes for the virus).

Also I wish War would have involved more, you know, actual warfare. That first scene was breathtaking and it's one of my favorite scenes from any movie, and it showed the apes' military skills. But then we never really see that again. Just felt like a wasted opportunity.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm re-watching Dawn again and I was about to write this exact same shyt until I went back through the thread. I really wish they wouldn't have made Koba the one to spark the war. Breh was traumatized by humans and he was a great foil for Caesar. He was also loyal until the humans came into the picture. I think someone mentioned it on here but it just seems like they made the complex yet stereotypical "bad" looking ape the scapegoat, when they had a shytty human who could have done it (the dude who brought the gun and blamed the apes for the virus).

Also I wish War would have involved more, you know, actual warfare. That first scene was breathtaking and it's one of my favorite scenes from any movie, and it showed the apes' military skills. But then we never really see that again. Just felt like a wasted opportunity.
Yeah I hear ya. The end battle was a let down but they decided to go with the great Ape Escape rather than a War between the Apes and Humans. Reeves tried to go a little left and I think didn't want to do a cliche big battle that every movie does.

The movie has some great scenes but it felt like something was missing. I liked how it felt like an adventure movie but then turned into Apes in Prison. :manny:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Movie was straight fukking trash. The first two movies were dope and then they decided to go ape escape on this one like someone earlier mentioned. I loved the first two and skipped all trailers and commercials to watch this spoilers free. There was no War. Just boring ass ape escape. I'm glad this movie flopped at the box office.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Movie was straight fukking trash. The first two movies were dope and then they decided to go ape escape on this one like someone earlier mentioned. I loved the first two and skipped all trailers and commercials to watch this spoilers free. There was no War. Just boring ass ape escape. I'm glad this movie flopped at the box office.

Ape Escape? I never saw this one.

:jbhmm: explain?