War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A bit weaker than the first two but still enjoyable.

Still waiting on the Planet of the Horses/Donkeys movie :banderas:

Horses outchea getting their backs broken having frickin 300 lb silverbacks riding them.

Donkeys getting made fun of the whole movie.

Soon enough will be enough.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
:whoa:

I'm not the only person who thought it was ambiguous:

"
At the end of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, audiences were divided on one pressing issue: Was Koba (Toby Kebbell) really dead? On the ‘Yes, of course, he’s dead’ side: Koba fell down hundreds of feet into a fiery pit of doom. Typically you don’t get to see Tuesday after that. On the ‘Who knows? Maybe he survived’ side: Koba’s heavy breathing can be heard during the end credits of Dawn, perhaps suggesting a return appearance for Caesar’s best-friend-turned-arch-nemesis. So which way is it?

On the set for War for the Planet of the Apes, producer Dylan Clark dashed the dreams of many Koba-Lives advocates – “I can tell you 100% Koba’s not alive in this movie,” Clark stated bluntly. However Clark admitted originally there was talk, especially during the post-production of Dawn to keep Koba alive for subsequent sequels.
"

Is Koba Really Dead in ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’?

Looks like they kept the door open for his return but decided on a different route. I mean it's a story where monkeys are riding on horseback dual wielding AKs, you don't think Koba could have some plot armour?[/QUOTE]

But he blatantly fell to his death :dahell:

Nobody is surviving that fall human or ape :dahell:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm watching the sequel to the original planet of the apes, and something I noticed is it takes place in NYC, but the terrain is way to Holly, it should be more flat

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just seen this. Overall okay but damn what a disappoinment. "War For" is a very misleading title. I wish I wasn't so hype to see this, I would've probably liked it more.

Spot on just seen this

:russ:

Barely no action

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
hey brehs don't get mad at me but I gotta stupid question :whoa:
a buddy of mine said this movie, in fact the whole trilogy, was a metaphor for white supremacy. he also says the og apes movies are metaphors for race relations. do any of y'all have a similar take. :jbhmm:
here's his
The new POTA movie is basically all about White Supremacy.
Woody Harrelson basically has a monologue explaining what drives White Supremacy.
the film never comes out and calls it that. It uses the sci-fi allegory to throw a thin veil over it.
The originals are basically about the White Man's fear that one day we will turn the tables on them.
Think about it: what is the biggest racial insult Whites can throw at us? What is the animal they always compare us to whenever they REALLY want to get us riled up?
Now think about who the titular apes are really stand-ins for
Once you get past how insulting that metaphor is, look at those films through that lens
And perfectly it articulates their fear
That's what makes it my second fave franchise after Star Wars

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Best out of the three. So many paralells to society. Def hit on the white supremacy/slave nerves