War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
You build the wall to keep the other soldiers out, once the wall is breached it’s over.

Building a wall is hard grunt work, if your on the eve of battle do you wanna be tired when sh!t pops off?

They listen to woody because they believe he’s right and he is right. You kill all the infected because there is no cure and you saw how easily he was infected.

He keeps Caesar alive to humiliate him in front of the other apes

It wasn’t about crossbow, it was about Caesar getting killed by the same guy who he let live.

1. My point is more that they shouldn't be there at all. He shouldn't have let one guy live to send a message if he truely wants his side to win. They were sitting ducks and this wall was never going to change that.

2. Same as #1

3. They are soldiers, not scientists. They have no reason to think Woody knows more about this than people with higher rank than Woody. I'm not saying people don't follow insane people but they didn't earn it.

4. I know why but like I've said in the past, it's too dumb. Kill the leader! He's the smartest and this has been your goal for years.

5. You could've done it with a gun, at least that way he doesn't have to reload after every shot because it's duuuuuuuuumb.

Study the history of slavery or the what the nazis did to the jews breh.

Dude, I know the meaning of it, doesn't change the fact it made no sense in the context of this story.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. My point is more that they shouldn't be there at all. He shouldn't have let one guy live to send a message if he truely wants his side to win. They were sitting ducks and this wall was never going to change that.

2. Same as #1

3. They are soldiers, not scientists. They have no reason to think Woody knows more about this than people with higher rank than Woody. I'm not saying people don't follow insane people but they didn't earn it.

4. I know why but like I've said in the past, it's too dumb. Kill the leader! He's the smartest and this has been your goal for years.

5. You could've done it with a gun, at least that way he doesn't have to reload after every shot because it's duuuuuuuuumb.

Dude, I know the meaning of it, doesn't change the fact it made no sense in the context of this story.
The wall actually held up during the first phase of the attack from the choppers. The fuel tank explosion blew the wall apart not the opposing soldiers

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

2. Same as #1

It made perfect sense in the context of this story when you realize that the colonel took after guys like Hitler and slave owners, etc. They're going to have apes do grunt work they don't feel a human should do in order to ridicule them and make them feel bad about themselves and punish them for existing. They're going to treat anyone who isn't human like dog crap in order to prove a point and show their dominance.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The wall actually held up during the first phase of the attack from the choppers. The fuel tank explosion blew the wall apart not the opposing soldiers

I gotta admit it was kinda mindblowing how well a wall made of rocks and sticks held up. Those were some weak rockets. Also why not fly on the other side of the wall and shoot the people inside. These are choppers, not jets, they can fly in place. Or aim for the huge gas/oil tank.

It made perfect sense in the context of this story when you realize that the colonel took after guys like Hitler and slave owners, etc. They're going to have apes do grunt work they don't feel a human should do in order to ridicule them and make them feel bad about themselves and punish them for existing. They're going to treat anyone who isn't human like dog crap in order to prove a point and show their dominance.

It doesn't make sense because they knew the attack was coming and outside of using some big apes they could've done it much faster themselves. It's not like the Nazis wouldn't have helped the Jews build something if they knew it could save their life and just said "fukk it". At least give me a 10 secs of some dude managing the apes and tell them were to put the rocks. Of course they shouldn't have stayed there in first place but whatever.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I was listening to the commentary and Reeves said him and I forget who else helped write the script, sat and watched a ton of movies to gain inspiration and get ideas which when I watch this movie now, it does feel like two or three different flicks in one.

There are some really good scenes in the movie but the plot and climax are very thin, generic and cliche. You can definitely tell they were trying to imitate other films and that's where it's major flaws come in.

I still like the movie but felt it could've and should be been better.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just finished this. Thought it was good. A little convenient st times but I was still into it. So I’m guessing there won’t be a sequel any time soon. I remember this not doing so hot at the box office. Plus fox getting bought out as well.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just finished this. Thought it was good. A little convenient st times but I was still into it. So I’m guessing there won’t be a sequel any time soon. I remember this not doing so hot at the box office. Plus fox getting bought out as well.

It's funny you mention the last thing: Comcast is about to make a straight cash homie offer for Fox's properties.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be another installment in the series, just not this story. Cesar's story is done so the next person will do what they want with it now that Matt Reeves is gone. It didn't do as well as Dawn but it still did okay. Better overseas than in the states

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's funny you mention the last thing: Comcast is about to make a straight cash homie offer for Fox's properties.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be another installment in the series, just not this story. Cesar's story is done so the next person will do what they want with it now that Matt Reeves is gone. It didn't do as well as Dawn but it still did okay. Better overseas than in the states
It did worse than Rise domestically and only $9 mil more WW which means it did worse adjusted than Rise. Not good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It did worse than Rise domestically and only $9 mil more WW which means it did worse adjusted than Rise. Not good.

Sure whomever gets a hold of it whether it’s Comcast or Disney will go back to the well because it’s still a valuable IP and can always always be exploited. Unless that shyt was a complete tank then nah. The one thing they may do is make them lighter films

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Sure whomever gets a hold of it whether it’s Comcast or Disney will go back to the well because it’s still a valuable IP and can always always be exploited. Unless that shyt was a complete tank then nah. The one thing they may do is make them lighter films
I say wait 10 years again like they did last time, even though they were good films this time. If not 5 at the most

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I say wait 10 years again like they did last time, even though they were good films this time. If not 5 at the most

Nah you know that ain’t happening. Especially not if Disney gets its hands on it. Wait 10 years? Poppycock. We’re in franchise world now homie and the more the better.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah you know that ain’t happening. Especially not if Disney gets its hands on it. Wait 10 years? Poppycock. We’re in franchise world now homie and the more the better.
I'd say 2022 would be long enough.

Which prolly sounds about right since the deal isn't done and you gotta factor in the development time , filming post etc. maybe 2023

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd say 2022 would be long enough.

Which prolly sounds about right since the deal isn't done and you gotta factor in the development time , filming post etc. maybe 2023

Yup that sounds a lot better. If it’s Disney or Comcast they’re going to want properties to put into production ASAP and that’s one of them. Going to be interesting if Comcast gets this all cash deal together