War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's already at 100M (well, 98) in the US and 175M worldwide in it's second week. Considering the competition I don't see why the studio would go :whoa: on more Ape movies :manny:
Because it cost 150 million to make. Also with the way it's trending it'll tail off domestically in the next week or two.

It barely opened above rise opening weekend and probably did worse adjusted for inflation.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Because it cost 150 million to make. Also with the way it's trending it'll tail off domestically in the next week or two.

It barely opened above rise opening weekend and probably did worse adjusted for inflation.
I'm sure more movies will come but the studio has to be disappointed in the box office. Movie should at least make 200 mill in the states but it won't even hit 150 ...thats way below the first 2 movies. :francis:

It had way harder competition. It's no joke to come out against Spiderman and a legit war movie by Nolan. In fact, these three movies are fukking with each others money :manny:

The studio might be disappointed for stupid high expectations but I don't see them getting scared about more movies when they are still doing solid in the US, are a fukking hit overseas and are critically acclaimed. Franchises are what sell tickets and there's no way 20th Century Fox goes :patrice: at Apes and stop making films because the movie did "just fine".

I'd buy it if it was a flop but it's not close to that.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It had way harder competition. It's no joke to come out against Spiderman and a legit war movie by Nolan. In fact, these three movies are fukking with each others money :manny:

The studio might be disappointed for stupid high expectations but I don't see them getting scared about more movies when they are still doing solid in the US, are a fukking hit overseas and are critically acclaimed. Franchises are what sell tickets and there's no way 20th Century Fox goes :patrice: at Apes and stop making films because the movie did "just fine".

I'd buy it if it was a flop but it's not close to that.
Breh so far this movie has made more domestically than overseas. That's pretty rare these days. So the foreign prospects are not looking too hot.

Granted it has a few territories still to open in but judging by some of those territories #s for dawn it wont make much of a difference.

So far this has made less than half of the reviled 2001 version. And they stopped for 10 years after that one.

This was 150M's + marketing so it wasn't cheap and falling from 1st to 4th place is not a good look.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Theres a difference between announcing a single movie and announcing a series but ok...

Completely different but ok

It's all economics brehs. This one's not doing too hot financially and the word of mouth for average moviegoers has been :ehh:

Critics loved it but most people I've talked to didn't really care for it. Just look at most people shytting on it in here.

I think it ended perfectly, plus reeves is now doing batman for a while. I would be surprised if they did another.

And nothing was "announced" , they said last year they have ideas about where it could go, but that doesn't really mean shyt. We will see though

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all economics brehs. This one's not doing too hot financially and the word of mouth for average moviegoers has been :ehh:

Critics loved it but most people I've talked to didn't really care for it. Just look at most people shytting on it in here.

I think it ended perfectly, plus reeves is now doing batman for a while. I would be surprised if they did another.

And nothing was "announced" , they said last year they have ideas about where it could go, but that doesn't really mean shyt. We will see though

Mark my words there will be another movie, they can go on without Reeves...Andy serkis said in an interview that he may come back in the next one as a different ape, and it has been discussed multiple times