War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Mark my words there will be another movie, they can go on without Reeves...Andy serkis said in an interview that he may come back in the next one as a different ape, and it has been discussed multiple times
You can discuss and plan all you want, but if your movie underperforms than all that can all go out the window, which is exactly why I brought up the Power Rangers example :skip:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can discuss and plan all you want, but if your movie underperforms than all that can all go out the window, which is exactly why I brought up the Power Rangers example :skip:

2 out of the 3 movies was a huge success, there will be a 4th, comparing power rangers isn't the same

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
2 out of the 3 movies was a huge success, there will be a 4th, comparing power rangers isn't the same
Yes I'm sure they won't learn anything from all the long in the tooth franchises flopping this year, especially on a movie that didn't have the international grosses to balance it out like pirates or transformers 5 :smugford:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the fukk was Koba in this! Why bother to have him still breathing at the end of the last one only to ditch him anyway, I was hoping he would go face to face with Caesar.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Where the fukk was Koba in this! Why bother to have him still breathing at the end of the last one only to ditch him anyway, I was hoping he would go face to face with Caesar.
Dude, Koba done died in Dawn. He wasn't breathing dude got crushed.

Ape not kill Ape.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes I'm sure they won't learn anything from all the long in the tooth franchises flopping this year, especially on a movie that didn't have the international grosses to balance it out like pirates or transformers 5 :smugford:

Pirates and transformers story telling is garbage they are well below this series, all we need is a 4th and last movie to show when the astronauts land in the future, and then it's over

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Pirates and transformers story telling is garbage they are well below this series, all we need is a 4th and last movie to show when the astronauts land in the future, and then it's over
That just doesn't sound like a compelling movie at all. They got close enough leading into the OG even if you wanna get nerdy and match up the timelines it may not be exact, it works well enough.

Besides the thoughts they floated around last year were about other sets of apes, and not astronauts. No one gives a shyt about the human characters in these flicks breh

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That just doesn't sound like a compelling movie at all. They got close enough leading into the OG even if you wanna get nerdy and match up the timelines it may not be exact, it works well enough.

Besides the thoughts they floated around last year were about other sets of apes, and not astronauts. No one gives a shyt about the human characters in these flicks breh

Why can't you have both, you could have part 4 about Caesar clan to see how they carried on after his death and then a rival group with a different philosophy....and why you are at it toss in the lost atronauts landing...it's going to happen mark my words

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude, Koba done died in Dawn. He wasn't breathing dude got crushed.

Ape not kill Ape.

:dahell: That fool had a long drawn out death at the end Fukk Koba :camby:

He died what the hell are you talking about

:whoa:

I'm not the only person who thought it was ambiguous:

"
At the end of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, audiences were divided on one pressing issue: Was Koba (Toby Kebbell) really dead? On the ‘Yes, of course, he’s dead’ side: Koba fell down hundreds of feet into a fiery pit of doom. Typically you don’t get to see Tuesday after that. On the ‘Who knows? Maybe he survived’ side: Koba’s heavy breathing can be heard during the end credits of Dawn, perhaps suggesting a return appearance for Caesar’s best-friend-turned-arch-nemesis. So which way is it?

On the set for War for the Planet of the Apes, producer Dylan Clark dashed the dreams of many Koba-Lives advocates – “I can tell you 100% Koba’s not alive in this movie,” Clark stated bluntly. However Clark admitted originally there was talk, especially during the post-production of Dawn to keep Koba alive for subsequent sequels.
[/QUOTE]
"

Is Koba Really Dead in ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’?

Looks like they kept the door open for his return but decided on a different route. I mean it's a story where monkeys are riding on horseback dual wielding AKs, you don't think Koba could have some plot armour?