War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand why people keep calling this a trilogy when it has been stated there will be more than 3 movies, last fall they announced the 4th movie
It's the Caesar trilogy, it has a beginning, middle, and end.

Btw I saw it last night and it lived up to the hype.

I only really had a problem with one aspect of the film, but even then it wasn't as annoying as it could have been, and I can see how some enjoyed it because of how it connects to the original Ape movies.

Overall a dope ass 9/10.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Y'all peep Caesar being the lightest chimp :mjpls:? :troll:

Lol but on the real I'm conflicted. This was a good to great movie but like others have stated, it was kinda misleading. Part of me just kept waiting for some action.

The other half of me was loving the emotions this movie provides. This movie is powerful. But it was also very very predictable. I also have some issues with the end.

Overall a good movie. 7.5/10 but it'll leave you wanting more imo

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was :trash: I feel like I'm being trolled seeing these positive reviews.

So many plot holes, so much reaching, I just couldn't get into it beyond the terrible plot. Was some good CGI tho

Why didn't they just drop a bomb on the apes if they wanted to kill them :dwillhuh:

How did the little girl learn how to speak ape :dwillhuh:

How was she able to break into a military prison unnoticed :dwillhuh:

How did the army carivan not notice apes on horses following them :dwillhuh:

How did they not notice any apps during their escape from the prison :dwillhuh:

Why did the colonel put them in slave labor to build a wall :dwillhuh:

A wall to protect them from helicopter rockets :dwillhuh:

Monkeys went from the jungle to a snowy mountains to the desert :dwillhuh:

Wtf avalanche for no reason at all :dwillhuh:

Did the entire US army show up on shore and really get buried in snow :dwillhuh:

did they really re enact the Denzel scene with a fukking cgi monkey :what:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Have not seen any ape movie past the horrid walhberg one. What's the appeal of these? :dwillhuh:
I would say give em a shot. You'll see the huge difference in these new flicks compared to that terrible Tim Burton film. There's no resemblance. The CGI, Cesars character and the just the world that's created to tell these prequels is pretty cool bruh. But you'll have to give the flicks a chance if u wanna see why they are so popular. You see any of the trailers?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I would say give em a shot. You'll see the huge difference in these new flicks compared to that terrible Tim Burton film. There's no resemblance. The CGI, Cesars character and the just the world that's created to tell these prequels is pretty cool bruh. But you'll have to give the flicks a chance if u wanna see why they are so popular. You see any of the trailers?
This one intrigued me cuz they have woody looking like a cross between Walter E Kurtz and John matrix. I assume he's going to be just like Sam Jack was in kong

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This one intrigued me cuz they have woody looking like a cross between Walter E Kurtz and John matrix. I assume he's going to be just like Sam Jack was in kong
The main characters are the apes tho. Just like in that last flick. Serkis as Cesar and the other apes, their interactions and the amazing CGI are the best parts.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The main characters are the apes tho. Just like in that last flick. Serkis as Cesar and the other apes, their interactions and the amazing CGI are the best parts.
Right I guess I am out then cuz I don't need to be watching ish where they are using apes to make some parallel with blax. Funny how racist cacs would sooner feel sympathy for fictional CGI apes than a Mike Brown though

Just crazy

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Right I guess I am out then cuz I don't need to be watching ish where they are using apes to make some parallel with blax. Funny how racist cacs would sooner feel sympathy for fictional CGI apes than a Mike Brown though

Just crazy
It's just a movie bruh. But I won't even go there since I know a lot of people might feel the same way regarding the undertones and parallels the films may have with racism and social injustices.

They are action adventure movies for me.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This movie was :trash: I feel like I'm being trolled seeing these positive reviews.

So many plot holes, so much reaching, I just couldn't get into it beyond the terrible plot. Was some good CGI tho

Why didn't they just drop a bomb on the apes if they wanted to kill them :dwillhuh:

How did the little girl learn how to speak ape :dwillhuh:

How was she able to break into a military prison unnoticed :dwillhuh:

How did the army carivan not notice apes on horses following them :dwillhuh:

How did they not notice any apps during their escape from the prison :dwillhuh:

Why did the colonel put them in slave labor to build a wall :dwillhuh:

A wall to protect them from helicopter rockets :dwillhuh:

Monkeys went from the jungle to a snowy mountains to the desert :dwillhuh:

Wtf avalanche for no reason at all :dwillhuh:

Did the entire US army show up on shore and really get buried in snow :dwillhuh:

did they really re enact the Denzel scene with a fukking cgi monkey :what:
Yeah you touched on a look of the issues I had. I still liked the movie but yeah dome of those points had me like :patrice:In the movie