War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Franco character and his chick died that was explained in previous movie

Yeah, I thought so but I wasn't sure. And they could've done a flashback or something, just bring them back in some capacity.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't peeped his message yet but there have been racial politics in the apes series since it's inception.

In faaact I just wrote this about the fourth flick in the series which is overtly about race and revolution

Nice write-up on Conquest, and was happy to see you acknowledged the change to the ending as well.

I thought War was fantastic. And Bad Ape is not the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. People were actually laughing with Bad Ape, not cringing at him like Jar Jar.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The movie was pretty great to me loved the eternal struggle Cesar went through. There was a good bit of racial and religious allegory in the film.
It's crazy how this trilogy took us through the life of a computer generated being from his birth to his death and made me feel like he's a living breathing creature. Andy Serkis's performance through out this trilogy has been excellent :wow:. This was truly on some Logan shyt with his death. Both had special abilities that made their life hard and both died giving hope to the next generation.:mjcry:

Last edited:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
saw it today and liked it. was expecting more action but i really appreciated the more in depth character development of caeser and the them dramatic intimate moments.

i just felt antagonist was meh, and the new virus thats making humans primitive angle really weak. damn shame what happened to my boy blue :mjcry:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This movie was pretty epic..basically it's a half adventure half intense drama.

Waaaayyy different than Dawn. Totally different tone and depth. The score was crazy different and pretty damn good especially when he pumped it at those pivotal scenes. And those close ups :whoo:

Talk about seeing the soul of these characters, especially Ceaser, those eyes. I think there were some hiccups and flaws but Matt Reeves seemed to keep the intensity and power very prevalent.

Dope movie, so different than Dawn but a very captivating flick.. eat bruhs.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Nice write-up on Conquest, and was happy to see you acknowledged the change to the ending as well.

I thought War was fantastic. And Bad Ape is not the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. People were actually laughing with Bad Ape, not cringing at him like Jar Jar.
I'm pretty sure some people were laughing with Jar Jar Binks in theaters too, breh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am actually stunned how a movie with so little audible dialogue shyts completely on ANYTHING released this year....lets see...
-title very misleading its more about internal war of characters with themselves and what it does to them
-breathtaking closeups on apes at some point u forget about them being computer generated
-u genuinely feel for those apes
-caesars transformation and struggle...
-maaaaaan the music.... had me :to:soo many times throughout the movie
-bad ape jar jar? u on crack or something every single time he was shown people lit up with a smile he was very needed in this flick
-movies very dark in tone thats why badape was so much needed

i know its a matter of taste but like everyone i expected war in this movie and got so much more man... intense drama like someone said before.And for people saying this is weak: go back to watching your dumb action flicks this is for people with brain cells.Fantastic movie!

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
c00n apes would not join humans if they supported koba.

Good point

I'm not shocked to hear Caesar died I was expecting it, there wasn't much else left to do with the character. I expect part 4 to have the lost astronauts finally land, hoping part four comes out summer of 2019