War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The movie is NOT BAD. It is VERY GOOD but very misleading. If you came in expecting a full out war epic, go watch Dunkirk next week.... this film isn't about WAR in the literal sense even though the movie is surrounded by combat... this movie is about an INTERNAL WAR within Ceasar.

So if you came into it expecting full blown violent action... this is not it. This is a huge character study into HUMANITY itself and what defines being "human"... and that's brilliant down both in a metaphorical sense as well as a symbolic way... and I cannot spoil anything for you to understand why.
:ohhh:That sounds dope as hell too and I rember Mark Ellis from Collider mentioning a character study portion. Still all the way IN:wow:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have u seen it? Most were hyped for this flick, so I doubt it's on some hater shyt.

Was gonna see it tonight but idk now. :francis:

No. I wanna see it. But just like the alien movie and fast and furious threads these muthafukkas ruin the vibe cuz they dont like shyt and see the movie ahead of people somehow . its annoying

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
No. I wanna see it. But just like the alien movie and fast and furious threads these muthafukkas ruin the vibe cuz they dont like shyt and see the movie ahead of people somehow . its annoying

One thing i learn is to never listen to coli nikkas on a movie. If u enjoyed the series so far, dont let some basement dwelling nikka alternate your decisions in life :manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Fast and furious is on a downer in the states look at domestic numbers for this last flick and this last Alien was wack, no hate there.

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
I cried so many times during this movie today :mjcry: This is probably my favorite movie of the trilogy maybe behind Rise . Dawn was kind of meh to me:ld:I love Ceasar, Maurice and Bad Ape was adorable and added some much appreciated light hearted moments.

:pacspit: at those traitor apes. Yeah the main one helped at the end but he should have never betrayed Ceasar in the first place.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is ONE THING that been racking my brain... or maybe it was coincidence.

Did Caesar PURPOSELY left that doll out in the open so the Colonel could catch the virus???

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie is NOT BAD. It is VERY GOOD but very misleading. If you came in expecting a full out war epic, go watch Dunkirk next week.... this film isn't about WAR in the literal sense even though the movie is surrounded by combat... this movie is about an INTERNAL WAR within Ceasar.

So if you came into it expecting full blown violent action... this is not it. This is a huge character study into HUMANITY itself and what defines being "human"... and that's brilliant down both in a metaphorical sense as well as a symbolic way... and I cannot spoil anything for you to understand why.

dap + rep. loved this flick.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Coli hype train got a bunch of ya'll experiences fukked up, huh? :umad:

For the record, I thought this was miles ahead of Dawn but it's definitely weird that the scale of the conflict hasn't changed whatsoever compared to Dawn. Almost feels like laziness, or maybe Matt Reeves simply can't think "bigger" than this. If you also take into account the final battle is barely even about the apes, the whole story is a very strange affair that really boils down to only two narrative elements:

the virus has mutated so humans are "devolving", and Caesar dies. That's really not a lot of plot for a 2 hour plus movie.

I also had some issues with other stuff, like the awful awful Jar Jar Binks ape (I know @track 1 already called him that but it is literally what I thought of too watching the movie, so I feel that's gonna stick) and some really dumb blockbuster logic in the final battle:

A military that possesses helicopters and tanks have trouble taking a single base because they literally have all their air support destroyed by AA-guns and missiles before sending in ground troops.

Also, how the fukk did they shoot missiles and rockets into the base for the entirety of the assault but none of them hit the big ass fuel tank that would've taken the entire wall out, or the other bigger ass fuel tank that caught fire after the first tank exploded and destroyed the entire base. That was a Death Star level weak spot, except unlike the Death Star it was literally out in the open and unprotected and nobody hit it just so Caesar could conveniently be the one to take down the wall with a simple ass grenade. :deadrose:

Oh yeah, Caesar traveling with his group for what has to be at least a couple days (they were on a snowy mountain and traveled through a desert to a hidden valley) without addressing his open wound, made his death scene feel unnecessary as fukk. Like why the hell wouldn't he let himself get treated after the battle? shyt was unnecessary as fukk.

So yeah, I actually have quite a bunch of issues with the flick as it stands, but again, I still think it's miles ahead of Dawn, mostly because Matt Reeves is way more in his element as a director and creates far more suspense and intrigue than any of the predictable ass Koba shyt in Dawn. And maybe I just resent Dawn because after Rise left Koba's character open to take in many directions, they went the most utterly lazy way and made the "evil" looking ape evil. I never forgave them for being so narratively bankrupt, and maybe that's why I liked this movie better because it actually builds on Koba's death in a strong way by putting Caesar in a position where he has to fear that he might be becoming just like Koba.

I also liked the full circle that Woody Harrelson's character came to, that was done fairly nicely. I can't remember if Dawn addressed what happened to James Franco and Freida Pinto's characters from Rise, but I felt it was a missed opportunity to not have them in this, even as just a cameo. I feel that's a couple million bucks they should've invested just to have the trilogy come full circle too.