War For The Planet Of The Apes (Official Thread)

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
Looks like I'm alone so far, but I enjoyed the hell out of this one. I like it more than Rise I'm debating between this & Dawn. I do like the fact it was more ape-centric opposed to the last two where it was more balanced between the Apes & humans. Caesar was phenomenal. This is his peak of the entire trilogy. Glad they didn't oversaturate the blue jacket ape/comedic ape cause that could've gotten old quick. Think he was used just right.
Probably the best ending to a trilogy I ever seen, & one of the best trilogies ever.

Only thing I would change about the film is the title really. It didn't bother me or ruined my experience of the film, but I know it will to a lot of other people because they're expecting one way, but the film goes another way, at least for the most part.

9.5/10

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People keep calling this a trilogy it was already announced months ago that a 4th was coming

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Was Tariq right about the racial parallels in this movie :patrice:

Haven't peeped his message yet but there have been racial politics in the apes series since it's inception.

In faaact I just wrote this about the fourth flick in the series which is overtly about race and revolution

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I felt like I just watched the ape version of Alien Covenant. Disappointed in a similar way. You can't this type of war film, apes walking and walking without interesting dialogue. Yeah, it had it moments but what made the last one great was strong personalities. The retarded ape just wasn't enough to carry the film. Better then guardians but I was disappointed like guardians. I fell asleep a couple of times.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The best is what Tariq pointed pointed. The parallels to Black people was on point

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie is NOT BAD. It is VERY GOOD but very misleading. If you came in expecting a full out war epic, go watch Dunkirk next week.... this film isn't about WAR in the literal sense even though the movie is surrounded by combat... this movie is about an INTERNAL WAR within Ceasar.

So if you came into it expecting full blown violent action... this is not it. This is a huge character study into HUMANITY itself and what defines being "human"... and that's brilliant down both in a metaphorical sense as well as a symbolic way... and I cannot spoil anything for you to understand why.