Want to escape the rat race? Get rid of your whip

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I thought about doing this but I'm too used to driving....plus the last time I took a bus somewhere I couldn't take it....it was depressing as fukk. I can do the subway all day but buses? Na.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love my car so I'll be keeping it whether or not I end up moving to a bigger city. I would just drive it less.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
OP is in college

U can get around Philly w/no whip... I had to go to a seminar down in the Navy Yard and was in a hotel up in the middle. Its not a far bike ride... the city doesnt seem that big, esp if you are in college. I took Amtrak down and a cab between the hotel + seminar

And an Amtrak ticket is like $100 both ways... Bolt Bus is like 1/5th that... lot of chicks are used to not having cars from college + live in cities w/o cars...

So I think its pretty clear here... who is broke + doesn't do much traveling :pachaha:

:childplease: @ a college student spending $10K on a car he doesn't need... to obtain the approval of some internet nerd

I guess this was a reply aimed at me? Ill just say this, off the top my head I can only think of about 20 cities in the US that have a decent public transit system for the people to utilize. So to say some stupid outlandish shyt like you dont need a car, actually makes it really really clear who does and doesnt actually travel and get out of their city. You must know how we have a whole country full of people :youngsabo: At dudes living in their city with trains and taxi's around thinking this is how the rest of the world works. :pachaha: Yall cats aint left your city so stop it, and most of yall still live at home.

Edit : Also, why the fukk would it impress me if dude bought a car. Everyone gots cars around here so its not really a big deal. I can see to bums like you and him a car is a rare luxury items :russ: I know you was just tryin to fire shots at me but at least try to make some sense next time boy.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Couldnt do it in Baltimore, unless

1.) you want to stay in baltimore
2.) you dont care about getting a good paying job.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't think people realize how much their financials are handicapped by having a car

I got rid of mine 2 years ago and my life has been much better since then. Saving so much money, walking/biking everywhere, living downtown and just enjoying life

Consider it brehs it could be the answer to your financial woes

you live in philly so you can do that. Smh @ trying to take the bus in 904 for your commute :heh:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Makes sense if you're in some place like Chicago or NYC, but the vast majority of this infrastructure lacking country isn't in a position to do that.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Cosign, I live downtown and parked my car at my parents place. I save 3-400 a month and I dont miss it one bit. In some cases its actually faster riding a bike than using public transportation. The only time I dont like using public transportation is when Im in the hood. `

About females, I feel like i get more play with a black fixed gear than I did with a black BMW. But when I was driving my car I didnt really spend that much time in pubilc.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This is why living in cities where not having a car is totally feasible >>>>

I'm never gonna live down south :scusthov:

It's gradually...............and I do mean GR..AD.....AU.....L.....L...............Y
getting better............I"m about to be in a huge spread out southern city in a few weeks, with no car initially................................it should be interesting

sukRZ.png

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I guess this was a reply aimed at me? Ill just say this, off the top my head I can only think of about 20 cities in the US that have a decent public transit system for the people to utilize. So to say some stupid outlandish shyt like you dont need a car, actually makes it really really clear who does and doesnt actually travel and get out of their city. You must know how we have a whole country full of people :youngsabo: At dudes living in their city with trains and taxi's around thinking this is how the rest of the world works. :pachaha: Yall cats aint left your city so stop it, and most of yall still live at home.

Edit : Also, why the fukk would it impress me if dude bought a car. Everyone gots cars around here so its not really a big deal. I can see to bums like you and him a car is a rare luxury items :russ: I know you was just tryin to fire shots at me but at least try to make some sense next time boy.

Really more like 3, maybe 4 tops :manny:

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
live in Texas, its damn near a must to have a car...takes forever to get from point a to point b :yeshrug: