Want to escape the rat race? Get rid of your whip

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
I live in New York and rather have a car, for luxury purposes though.

Yea walking and the train is cool and all but it gets old when its >85, <40, or raining/cloudy. Admit it or not you feel like a mole rat going into that murky tunnel where the air feels dank and dusty in the subway.

Walking gets real :beli: if its more than 5 blocks away.

Biking to anywhere where appearance matters is :what: to me.

Sometimes I like the luxury of riding in the whip, bumpin Life is Good, probably with a lady in the passenger, just cruising like :datazz:.. sometimes aimless, sometimes in traffic. but nothing beats the left arm hanging out the window, seat back :ahh: ...just chillin..

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I live in New York and rather have a car, for luxury purposes though.

Yea walking and the train is cool and all but it gets old when its >85, <40, or raining/cloudy. Admit it or not you feel like a mole rat going into that murky tunnel where the air feels dank and dusty in the subway.

Walking gets real :beli: if its more than 5 blocks away.

Biking to anywhere where appearance matters is :what: to me.

Sometimes I like the luxury of riding in the whip, bumpin Life is Good, probably with a lady in the passenger, just cruising like :datazz:.. sometimes aimless, sometimes in traffic. but nothing beats the left arm hanging out the window, seat back :ahh: ...just chillin..

Just hail a taxi :beli:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i had to take the bus yesterday from work got off at 1 didnt reach home till 330

if i drove i would have been home at 130

semtex

:)
Daps
The public trans in Charlotte is a nightmare you'll swear ur in the slums of Guatemala

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Damn, I just remembered that public transit sucks in the hood. Man... some of yall need to move out and move closer to your work.

Not everywhere has PT, even in major cities

What are nikkas doing in life where you cant afford a $250-$400 a month car payment?? You live only once in this short lifetime. Enjoy it. When you die you penny pitching nikkas can not take it with you. nikka said rat race. The only racing you will be doing is to the bus stop.

Just cause someone doesn't buy a car doesn't mean they can't afford one. More importantly though, just cause someone HAS a car doesn't mean they CAN afford one.

And where I am, owning a car is more like $1000 a month. Would you pay that for a car you would drive maybe once a week to impress women and untraveled internet posters?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you need a car, paying cash for one is better than a car payment. I couldn't not have a car but from this point forward I will never have a car payment again.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are nikkas doing in life where you cant afford a $250-$400 a month car payment?? You live only once in this short lifetime. Enjoy it. When you die you penny pitching nikkas can not take it with you. nikka said rat race. The only racing you will be doing is to the bus stop.

Yeah but your kids can live off your money. A niece or nephew perhaps...fund a college account my nikka.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
From Living in all the place I've lived in my life time. I couldn't live without car, only twice have I lived without one in my adult life. That was in NYC as that seems more of hassle than helpful and when I lived in the Boston area everything I needed was in walking distance. I did that for like 3 years.

I've been pondering moving back from South Florida back to NYC but I love my car, b.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your city doesn't have cabs?

Using a cab all the time is more expensive than owning a car, what would be the point? You don't save money and you have to wait for someone else to pick you up and drive you around. I live in the suburbs. I can't see the point, unless you live in a big city where driving is a hassle and the public transportation system goes everywhere.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Using a cab all the time is more expensive than owning a car, what would be the point? You don't save money and you have to wait for someone else to pick you up and drive you around. I live in the suburbs. I can't see the point, unless you live in a big city where driving is a hassle and the public transportation system goes everywhere.
Yeah I live in a city, I thought you did, too.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's really about 4 cities in the US that it makes sense to not have a car

Manhattan plus the proximal part of the boroughs of NYC
Philadelphia
DC
downtown Boston

I think it would be pretty tough to get away with it elsewhere. But while you figure the cost of having a car + maintenance and parking you also have to account for the cost of living downtown, which can get ridiculously expensive at all 4 of those cities

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
From Living in all the place I've lived in my life time. I couldn't live without car, only twice have I lived without one in my adult life. That was in NYC as that seems more of hassle than helpful and when I lived in the Boston area everything I needed was in walking distance. I did that for like 3 years.

I've been pondering moving back from South Florida back to NYC but I love my car, b.
Thats crazy, I would switch places w/u in a minute, NYC living is not the move, I could be a beach bum