Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They definitely don't need as many in middle class or affluent areas. I'm not going in there to buy any of the marked up shyt in the middle of the store and I have a car so I don't need a drug store on every other corner.

Unless it's a prescription I will get anything else they sell either at the grocery store / Target or order from Amazon.
Tbh Those non drug items probably do more harm to their bottom line. It hurts more if they're not getting the right reimbursed enough to off set those losses.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I was surprised when the CVS across from my job closed last month now it makes sense

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Nah Walgreens fukked up a few years ago. I forgot what it was. This has been coming.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Confused how you think this is s good thing, less competitions especially in our inner cities equal higher prices
It's not a good thing, but there's nothing the average person can do. The quest for infinite growth and infinite profits is killing many of these businesses. It is driving greedy corporations to close stores that don't show year-over-year growth, in order to shore up profits elsewhere. The billions in opioid lawsuit settlements they have to pay out aren't helping either. When combined with their price gouging, it's a wrap. The CEOs and the shareholders will always be alright, the average person be damned.

Normally im against price gouging but the insane amount of retail theft happens at walgreens has to account for some of their markups in this case
They lied about this.

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
So? A significant number could be 35% or 50% or 60%.. the point is they are being forced to rethink their strategies.
It says 25% of stores aren't profitable and they're looking to close a significant number of those

So no probably more like 15-20% total locations

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I go to a drug store maybe a few times a year.

Not on any medication.

It's always only a few people inside them at the time I go.

No surprises.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Said this would happen years ago when the likes of @bnew were defending shoplifters and thieves. Welp
Has nothing to do with shoplifters. This is about a greedy, negligent corporation chasing profits. They already closed over 300 stores in the UK and fired 10% of their corporate workforce before this.

And they got hit with this due to their negligence:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Has nothing to do with shoplifters. This is about a greedy, negligent corporation chasing profits. They already closed over 300 stores in the UK and fired 10% of their corporate workforce before this.

And they got hit with this due to their negligence:
You can put in whatever frame makes you happy. What stores you think they will be closing?

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can put in whatever frame makes you happy. What stores you think they will be closing?
I already proved this isn't about shoplifting and that they admitted to lying about shoplifting. It seems you need that to be true to keep your brain-dead narrative going, but it's not.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I already proved this isn't about shoplifting and that they admitted to lying about shoplifting. It seems you need that to be true to keep your brain-dead narrative going, but it's not.
Again, you can tell granny that when she’s gotta take 2 buses to get her RX