Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Haven't stepped inside a RiteAid since they got rid of their Gold tier customer thing.... u got 20% off most product... even if they were already on sale.

Now I just order from Walmart+ or my regular grocery store.

I'll still go through their drive thru to get my one med. Dassit.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Like I said in the tech layoffs thread, it's a bear market.

While big dogs like Google, NVIDIA, etc. are poppin, many well-known mid-level companies have been doing worse than pre-COVID.

Some of these companies are down 80% in stock price from their peak. Paypal was at $300/share now it's $60/share for example. Same goes for Affirm, Zillow, etc. Look at a lot of mid-level companies' performance over the last decade and compare that to the main Big Tech companies - they're doing absolutely shytty in comparison.

If those big dogs crash, man...that's when it gets bad.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
One disadvantage is the elderly in black neighborhoods will have to depend on transportation and others to go farther out for their medications
Yup. My wife's family has some real convenient Walgreens locations nearby the home. I guess there's additionally a CVS, but you don't want to load responsibility of medication all on one store/location.

Last edited:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
So? A significant number could be 35% or 50% or 60%.. the point is they are being forced to rethink their strategies.
Yeah, but if you say most, that means they’re basically closing up shop for good and time for people to find a different pharmacy if they went there.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
So all the drugs stores are closing?
People using grocery store pharmacies now or something?
CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens are all closing up stores.
there were too many of them to begin with and they too expensive. theres like 4 walgreens within w 4 mile radius of my crib and ya know where ever there is a walgreens a cvs tends to be across the street. its ridiculous