Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It's not a good thing, but there's nothing the average person can do. The quest for infinite growth and infinite profits is killing many of these businesses. It is driving greedy corporations to close stores that don't show year-over-year growth, in order to shore up profits elsewhere. The billions in opioid lawsuit settlements they have to pay out aren't helping either. When combined with their price gouging, it's a wrap. The CEOs and the shareholders will always be alright, the average person be damned.

They lied about this.

Ionno, the brazen shoplifting at the one by my house is pretty rampant. I've seen it with my own eyes. Hell I even used to be apart of it until I almost started feeling bad for them after seeing it happen so much :russ: Can't be a sustainable business model without affecting prices imo.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ionno, the brazen shoplifting at the one by my house is pretty rampant. I've seen it with my own eyes. Hell I even used to be apart of it until I almost started feeling bad for them after seeing it happen so much :russ: Can't be a sustainable business model without affecting prices imo.
Yea, Walgreens may have overblown impact to the bottom line but the Walgreens by me gets robbed blind on the regular to the point they barely stock body care/grooming items and makeup. I’ve seen with my own eyes a group of girls walk in a brazenly steal everything in the make up shelves while security told them to hurry up. It’s actually annoying cuz ain’t nobody trying to hit target when you just need a stick of deodorant and toothpaste but there’s only like 1-2 sticks left of some off brand you don’t use

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Confused how you think this is s good thing, less competitions especially in our inner cities equal higher prices

Have you ever stepped foot in a Walgreens? They charge probably 50% higher for goods that you can get at Walmart. They are PREYING on your grandparents... and you are in here fine with it....

I'm not. fukk Walgreens.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Have you ever stepped foot in a Walgreens? They charge probably 50% higher for goods that you can get at Walmart. They are PREYING on your grandparents... and you are in here fine with it....

I'm not. fukk Walgreens.
That’s the price of convenience. Target/walmart carry fewer sku’s in larger sizes and do a higher volume to bring prices down, they also get more incentives from manufacturers - I interned for P&G all through college, we’d have much better mfctr deals for Walmart than we would for Safeway, and of course better deals for Safeway than convenience stores. Walgreens costing a $1.50 more for a stick of deodorant comes at the convenience of not having to drive far, not needing to make the trip worth it by buying hella stuff, and being in and out much faster. No different from buying a head of lettuce from a local produce stand vs the big Grocery store

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That’s the price of convenience. Target/walmart carry fewer sku’s in larger sizes and do a higher volume to bring prices down, they also get more incentives from manufacturers - I interned for P&G all through college, we’d have much better mfctr deals for Walmart than we would for Safeway, and of course better deals for Safeway than convenience stores. Walgreens costing a $1.50 more for a stick of deodorant comes at the convenience of not having to drive far, not needing to make the trip worth it by buying hella stuff, and being in and out much faster. No different from buying a head of lettuce from a local produce stand vs the big Grocery store

I don't know where some of these brehs live.... but where I'm at there's now a pharmacy at every grocery store and every Walmart. Even the grocery stores that are lower priced goods have pharmacies in them

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I don't know where some of these brehs live.... but where I'm at there's now a pharmacy at every grocery store and every Walmart. Even the grocery stores that are lower priced goods have pharmacies in them
The areas these store are closing probably don’t have any of that, due to the reasons these stores are closing

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Grocery and drug store are pretty equal out here. And drugstores outnumbered grocery so they (were) easier to get to. overall this is more of an issue for older and lower income adults, someone posted an article not too long back about how older low income adults use drugstores for basic health care and information.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
What a mess. Here in Michigan Rite Aid announced they are closing all the stores in Michigan and guess who is getting their prescription files? Walgreens. Now Walgreens is shutting down underperforming stores and there is plenty overlap between Walgreens and Rite Aid locations so that means the Walgreens stores that do stay open will be overloaded. This doesn't even factor in the fact that Walgreens shortened the hours on a lot of their Pharmacies over the past few years changing the 24 hour locations to 9 to 11 and the pharmacies that were 9 to 9 are like 9 to 5 now. There is no way they are going to be able to handle their own closings and any new business they get from closing Rite Aid stores.